Team Captain
Suspended
Sep 8, 2009
South West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth, Man City, LA Clippers
What's more racist? Being an Australian Indian or being an Indian Australian.

Both sound pretty stupid, TBH. That's one thing (of many) we don't need to import from the US.

• Banned
Question Time in 5,4,3,2,...

Bit p embarrased or embarrassed bit p.

Legitimate question.

Are you indian first or indian second??

I know you're gay so i'll tone it down.

Gay first or gay second??

Any proper answers appreciated

Agree that this doesn't make much sense, & it's a stupid american term we don't need.

If you somehow mean that whatever nationality you say the first, the person somehow has more allegiance to that place ... so whats should people call themselves ... I say who gives a s**t. But if we are to go by the African American example, you say where your parents originate from first.

Australians of Indian descent. Thats what I consider my self to be.

Different for Indian students studying here who'll go back though.

Australians of Indian descent. Thats what I consider my self to be.

Different for Indian students studying here who'll go back though.
This.:thumbsu:
Surely it is up to the individual who is of a "non anglo australian" descent to make the call.
And how the OP can relate this to racism is simply beyond me.
Ridiculous thread with an odious intention.

Does the OP have any evidence of peole using either term, or is this just a wind up?
I blame myself for this.
The OP had a massive sook at me for posting too much on the Freo board. Claiming that, since I was previously a lurker due to work commitments, I had no right to suddenly post freely on my home team board now that I had some extra time.
He was told, diplomatically of course:cool:, to add something of significance or SMB.
Still nothing at all on the Freo board, so I guess he knows little about footy as he is unable to contribute.
So I guess that I have shamed him into contributing here. His knowledge of current events/society is on display for all to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back