Injury Injuries 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey immortalmike do you ever take Link to the footy?

If you did, I'd guess he'd like to be close to the action? Probably somewhere around Row / Seat K9?
Spooky! You won't believe it, butt sniffing around Aisle 25, level 1, you will find me right next to K9!

Spooky! You won't believe it, butt sniffing around Aisle 25, level 1, you will find me right next to K9!
LOL. Not sure if intended or not, but this just conjured up a great mental image of Fossie 32 butt-sniffing at Etihad while the game is going on. :eek:
You meet all types at a game (and on BF!)

To fully understand how we sit injury wise I thought I would put up what I believe is our best 25 with everyone available. Bold is who did not play last round and likely out for the year (either injury or suspension - Wood maybe will play this week). Blue are players who have missed significant chunks of football this year.

FB: Morris Adams Boyd
HB: Murphy Hamling Wood
C: JJ Bont Macrae
HF: Dahlhaus Crameri Hunter
FF: Dickson Stringer Boyd
Ruck: Rough Wallis Libba
Inter: Suckling, Picken, Biggs, Daniel
Emerg: Smith, Mclean, Redpath

14/25 of our best players gone for the year or missing large chunks of footy. In terms of the bolded players, I'd argue 6 of our best 12 (Murph, Wood, Macrae, Libba, Wallis and Crameri).

Last edited:
To fully understand how we sit injury wise I thought I would put up what I believe is our best 25 with everyone available. Bold is who did not play last round and likely out for the year (either injury or suspension - Wood maybe will play this week). Blue are players who have missed significant chunks of football this year.

FB: Morris Adams Boyd
HB: Murphy Hamling Wood
C: JJ Bont Macrae
HF: Dahlhaus Crameri Hunter
FF: Dickson Stringer Boyd
Ruck: Rough Wallis Libba
Inter: Suckling, Picken, Biggs, Daniel
Emerg: Smith, Dunkley, Redpath

13/25 of our best players gone for the year or missing large chunks of footy. In terms of the bolded players, I'd argue 6 of our best 12 (Murph, Wood, Macrae, Libba, Wallis and Crameri).
What's the dog pun here, referencing Blue out of Blue's Clues? Bit of a howler, that.

On Finey's programme today they quoted Mitch Wallis as saying he thinks ? he will be back by R1 next year

Surely not? Obviously he would know best, and the docs would be telling him that, but really?!

That would shock me after that break!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely not? Obviously he would know best, and the docs would be telling him that, but really?!

That would shock me after that break!
I doubt he'd be back by round one, but sometimes clean breaks like that are almost better than little breaks that can lead to fractures. Every case is different I guess.

So has there been any updates on Wood/Libba/Macrae?

I'm assuming all 3 made it through. Any question marks over Wood though? He looked the worse for wear of the 3.

So has there been any updates on Wood/Libba/Macrae?

I'm assuming all 3 made it through. Any question marks over Wood though? He looked the worse for wear of the 3.
Roarke Smith was withheld from today's VFL game. So it is likely there is some level of concern over Wood pulling up by Friday.

Will find out Tuesday I think on injuries
How? We haven't found out much on injuries any week this year.

That's the club's prerogative I know - and there are good reasons to play their cards close to their chest - but it hasn't helped us get any wiser.

Thought it was weird there was 3 players held back, then I realised one (McLean) could be for Dickson & not Jong. Not convinced it was cramp but will pray it was

Thought it was weird there was 3 players held back, then I realised one (McLean) could be for Dickson & not Jong. Not convinced it was cramp but will pray it was
we have to keep emergencies. wouldn't read too far into it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back