Insightful Media Coverage

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
It's OK, he'll be know as Norm Smith, All Austrailan, Bunga Hurn soon.:moustache:
8ymvg6pl1Lzy0.gif

Benji85

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Nice Judddayyyyy

Qld teams flight times are half of what ours are anyway (2hrs v 4hrs/2700km vs 1350km). Silly Caroline

West Coast's status as the biggest club in Western Australia, and Collingwood's as the biggest in the competition, has clearly helped as they have landed some big names crucial to their hopes this weekend.

Happy to be corrected here, but aren't we bigger than Collingwood in almost every regard? Membership and Profit wise at least, and in terms of pure liquidity I think we are bigger than the top 4 clubs put together (45mil in the bank). Maybe need to wait for the AFL audit for real membership numbers I guess.

I thought Hawks and Richmond would be bigger than Collingwood over in Victoria as well?

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls
Given her stated views that the MCG is a neutral venue, this is a decent article from Caro. I guess she is simply reporting Pyke's and others views but at least she kept her opinion out of it and highlighted some issues:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...erm-mcg-grand-final-deal-20180928-p506no.html
Is the bit about the AFL asking us to wear white in 2015 true? Never heard that before - and it doesn't make sense since royal and hawk's yellow don't clash.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 8, 2016
Vietnam
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
Is the bit about the AFL asking us to wear white in 2015 true? Never heard that before - and it doesn't make sense since royal and hawk's yellow don't clash.

I have no idea but it seems likely. Annoyed the crap out of me reading that. Wanted to send it to my Vicentric AFL mates but thought what's the point...

Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I have no idea but it seems likely. Annoyed the crap out of me reading that. Wanted to send it to my Vicentric AFL mates but thought what's the point...
I don't think it's likely - I reckon Caroline got that wrong. We've never worn our white clash v hawks. Makes zero sense. More likely is afl just asked us to wear white shorts

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
I haven't listened to Huchison and Barrett's podcast before, but was surprisingly tolerable.

Damo, ergh Purple makes a surprisingly strident argument for how the MCG every year is fundamentally unfair and how the non-Victorian clubs should lobby for a change.

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Best of three is so ******* stupid. So an interstate team plays a vic team, say mcg tenant, you have to still beat them in their home turf.

Forget that contract time for a bidding system. Any money lost on ticket sales is made through government bids

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Exactly, the economic surge from a GF would have governments falling over themselves to throw money at the AFL.

Each state would make it an event. Most would still be at the G, but it would give each state a chance to show off.

Jul 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, West Perth
Exactly, the economic surge from a GF would have governments falling over themselves to throw money at the AFL.

Each state would make it an event. Most would still be at the G, but it would give each state a chance to show off.
Hosting a Grand Final would be like hosting the Olympics. Everyone desperate to one-up everyone else would result in a heck of a good look for the game.

Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Best of three is so ******* stupid. So an interstate team plays a vic team, say mcg tenant, you have to still beat them in their home turf.

Forget that contract time for a bidding system. Any money lost on ticket sales is made through government bids

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
No you wouldnt. Game 1 and 3 would be home games. You don't need to win the MCG game.

But although fairer, I don't like the idea of 3 games. AFL games are so much bigger than say a basketball game.

Back