Insightful Media Coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be so disenfranchised as a fan if our club ever came out and said we're in a rebuild. You should always be building and consolidating. It's why I love Simmos mantra and even Wooshas before of we're trying to qualify for finals as quick as possible.

That said, when Barnaba came out and said winning was second fiddle, that ******* pissed me off.

In fairness to Barnaba - the club was facing a potential existential crisis

Winning was second fiddle to simply being around

The nice guy apologist routine did stick around too long though

In fairness to Mark Barnaba he, and the club, were under a lot of pressure from the AFL with recreational drugs rife at the club.

He had to change the culture, which is the hardest aspect to change in any organisation, or the club faced serious penalties.

Anyway, a decade or so later and we have a completely different club.

Having spoken to a few mates - reckon supporters are a bit in this space too.

I am nowhere near as engaged this year as normal - certainly not as hurt when we lose

Watching live - as your team comes from 5 goals down to win an epic flag by less than a kick. Not sure it'll ever get better than that.

Found this really interesting insight from TB. Addresses the mentality after winning a Grand Final with nods towards how they were affected by a hangover period.

He’s a pretty interesting fella Tom Barrass- certainly has a non-mainstream take on things

Fair bit of love for Harry Edwards in there too - seems like he’s impressed a lot of people in his short time at the club so far

I liked the honesty. Most teams go through that and
He’s a pretty interesting fella Tom Barrass- certainly has a non-mainstream take on things

Fair bit of love for Harry Edwards in there too - seems like he’s impressed a lot of people in his short time at the club so far

Thought the same about Harry. You rarely hear about the rookie players but it sounds like we found a gem with him.

Having spoken to a few mates - reckon supporters are a bit in this space too.

I am nowhere near as engaged this year as normal - certainly not as hurt when we lose

Watching live - as your team comes from 5 goals down to win an epic flag by less than a kick. Not sure it'll ever get better than that.
Yeh I've been less engaged this year - doesnt help I've also had to miss a cpl of games.

But I was super engaged in the comeback v Crows.

It'll come back for you - it did after the 2006 win for me. Last year was incredible for me because it was so unexpected - I had us as a middle of the road team. With so much change last year, there was no way we were pushing for a flag. Happy to be wrong there :)

I like a few others have mentioned on here, have just about lost interest in all other games except our own. I go to our home games, and then sometimes struggle to watch our away games due to absolute garbage coverage and commentary. I watch a replay if we win, but find it easier to get over a loss as I find I'm reading less day to day footy "news" and having the deal with the media getting stuck into us for any and every reason.

It's a little sad to be honest, as a kid growing up in the 90s, I just lived and breathed footy, and watched anything and everything that was on. Maybe it's growing up and having a heap of other things to do and not a lot of time to actually sit down for a few hours and watch a game. Either way, AFL in general is losing it's appeal. Maybe it's a premiership comedown??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like a few others have mentioned on here, have just about lost interest in all other games except our own. I go to our home games, and then sometimes struggle to watch our away games due to absolute garbage coverage and commentary. I watch a replay if we win, but find it easier to get over a loss as I find I'm reading less day to day footy "news" and having the deal with the media getting stuck into us for any and every reason.

It's a little sad to be honest, as a kid growing up in the 90s, I just lived and breathed footy, and watched anything and everything that was on. Maybe it's growing up and having a heap of other things to do and not a lot of time to actually sit down for a few hours and watch a game. Either way, AFL in general is losing it's appeal. Maybe it's a premiership comedown??

Oh my god thats pretty much what I do.

If we lose I avoid all media and only watch again at our next game.

I very rarely watch any footy shows anymore but in the 90s/00s I would watch every single thing available and hang on every word.

Now I hardly watch anything due to feeling like we are always the bad guys.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh my god thats pretty much what I do.

If we lose I avoid all media and only watch again at our next game.

I very rarely watch any footy shows anymore but in the 90s/00s I would watch every single thing available and hang on every word.

Now I hardly watch anything due to feeling like we are always the bad guys.

Thats exactly me.

I didn't see the actual segment, or the show, but saw a story today about the Roos and the free hit games for Shaw as interim coach.

They had a list of the games they weren't expected to win. Geelong, Richmond, Collingwood, GWS, and one more from memory, that wasn't us. So they're supposedly a chance against us, at home, on a ground that they allowed Freo of all sides to belt them by 80 points :rolleyes: Graphic looked like it was from AFL360.

This is sort of rubbish that's put me off footy shows in general these days. We get no recognition, even after a bloody flag. I know the Vics are their main target audience, but it's really annoying and is why I don't bother watching any of them anymore.

Yeah I got rid of fox a couple of years ago and thought Id miss all the footy shows but I really haven't and free to air is easy to avoid.

This is where BigFooty Eagles board is absolutely brilliant.

If anything interesting is brought up from fox footy it usually ends up on here.

I didn't see the actual segment, or the show, but saw a story today about the Roos and the free hit games for Shaw as interim coach.

They had a list of the games they weren't expected to win. Geelong, Richmond, Collingwood, GWS, and one more from memory, that wasn't us. So they're supposedly a chance against us, at home, on a ground that they allowed Freo of all sides to belt them by 80 points :rolleyes: Graphic looked like it was from AFL360.

This is sort of rubbish that's put me off footy shows in general these days. We get no recognition, even after a bloody flag. I know the Vics are their main target audience, but it's really annoying and is why I don't bother watching any of them anymore.

Hope we flog them by 81

Let them underestimate us again at their own peril

9f8e7769dc5bfbce6f37481f311d090e.jpg

Was really noticeable last night (even for a half blind dude sitting in the top tier after a fair few beers) that Gaff was taking that extra 2 or 3 steps with the ball and actually looking up a bit more, and looking for a target to hit.

Reckon when he was playing inside more, he'd panic and just throw it on the boot. His ball use has been good the last few weeks, and him playing a little more outside is definitely helping that.

I like watching the work Waterman does up and down the field on the non-active wing where he often doesn't get used. Not bad for a decent sized guy.

Does anyone know why Kennedy was off the ground for a long time in the 1st quarter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back