Insightful Media Coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Sumich said Naitanui has given up meat this pre-season to shed some kilos

Sumich said Naitanui has given up meat this pre-season to shed some kilos
Good way to shed muscle weight rather than fat.

Good way to shed muscle weight rather than fat.

I didn't think Nic was fat though? Majority of his weight seems to be muscular bulk in the torso and legs from a cursory glance at him on the tv, so if he can drop some and take the stress off his legs we'll keep him on the park longer.

So long as that happens and Gov stays away from the Christmas cake, we'll be aces come Round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't think Nic was fat though? Majority of his weight seems to be muscular bulk in the torso and legs from a cursory glance at him on the tv, so if he can drop some and take the stress off his legs we'll keep him on the park longer.

So long as that happens and Gov stays away from the Christmas cake, we'll be aces come Round 1.
don't know much about the science of weight, fat and muscle etc, but he just looked a lot better in his early to mid career - as in lighter, faster, more agility... now seems to be a human wrecking ball...still has some speed, arguably a lumbering speed? could be wrong of course..
be great if he stayed on the park for this full season, apart from resting as required.

Article on Barrass' late form slump. Interesting to see that they are also keeping Nic Nat and JK away from the main group and on individual programs for the first part of pre season.

Man on a mission: West Coast Eagles defender Tom Barrass out to make amends for late slump in 2019 AFL season

West Coast defender Tom Barrass has set his sights on a personal mission of redemption in 2020, conceding his form deserted him as the Eagles lost their grip on a top-four spot last season.
Having starred in the grand final victory over Collingwood the previous year, Barrass ended his 2019 campaign by lowering his colours against Geelong’s Esava Ratugolea as the Eagles crashed out in a semifinal at the MCG.
A dropped mark that led to a goal against Hawthorn in round 23 also symbolised his team’s woes on a calamitous night at Optus Stadium when West Coast blew the double chance.
“I thought I had quite a good year up until the last few rounds and probably fell right out of form. So that’s something I’m looking to redeem and hopefully that will come early on in the season,” Barrass said. “Defensively I was pretty good. I busted my finger and it probably had a bigger impact on my game than I had predicted.
“Unfortunately a few of those errors get highlighted down back and that’s who I am — I’m a big dopey back man and when I make mistakes that’s what they look like.
“So it’s one of the things you’ve got to learn. It’s a hurdle that you’ve got to jump. But I’m over it now and looking forward to the future.”
Barrass will return to the club with his senior teammates tomorrow morning, as the full squad trains together for the first time this pre-season.
Eleven weeks after he helped the Cats end the Eagles’ season, Tim Kelly will join forces with key midfielders Elliot Yeo, Luke Shuey and Andrew Gaff.
A string of senior players will be wrapped in cotton wool until January, with Nic Naitanui, Josh Kennedy, Jeremy McGovern and Barrass among those on individual programs.
Sport. West Coast Eagles training. Tom Barrass getting back into training after his injury.

Barrass, who has a history of foot problems, expects to be on modified training before Christmas.
“You can’t get thrown in the deep end too quickly or you break down. So the club’s really taking a stance on that, especially with the harder grounds in WA, and trying to make sure that the players are fit for the season rather than in February,” he said. “I’m definitely in better shape that I was this time last year.”
Barrass said the missed opportunity of the club’s premiership defence would provide strong motivation for the players.
“Seventeen teams don’t win the flag every year and you get reminded that, especially after you do win a flag,” he said.
“So the boys are hungry and it will be really good to get out there in pre-season and come back stronger next year.”

He wasnt alone late in the season but was definately way off his game.

All started after that Harry Highpants stuff with Gov

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think a lot of it is to do with being 23 years old. He was a big part of our success in 2018, and in 2019 it looked like he started to believe his own hype a little bit.

Hopefully getting his pants pulled down in 3 of our last 4 games should teach him a little bit of humility. He really copped a lot of flak for his performances late in the season and that should give him some motivation to make amends in 2020.

I think a lot of it is to do with being 23 years old. He was a big part of our success in 2018, and in 2019 it looked like he started to believe his own hype a little bit.

Hopefully getting his pants pulled down in 3 of our last 4 games should teach him a little bit of humility. He really copped a lot of flak for his performances late in the season and that should give him some motivation to make amends in 2020.
I reckon you're way off the mark there.

Barrass came back after injury and IMO lost a bit of confidence.
Doesn't seem the type to get ahead of himself at all.
Not one of those players who shows much emotion on the field.

I don't buy all of this humility talk at all.

I reckon you're way off the mark there.

Barrass came back after injury and IMO lost a bit of confidence.
Doesn't seem the type to get ahead of himself at all.
Not one of those players who shows much emotion on the field.

I don't buy all of this humility talk at all.

no doubt the injury played a role in his late season form.

I remember the podcast he did early in the year talking about lacking a little something after winning the flag in 2018.

Whatever the reason, Hoping for a better 2020 from TB

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back