International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

ODI and T20 is easy.

Sometimes in tests I swear the game just decides that you are not going to get a wickety
No way.. I'm confident of winning every test series. Never not been number 1 in the world.

But always slip to 7th or worse in the odi.. Cant make a decent score whilst batting, always crumble n lose quick wickets. Then can't keep em under 300

No way.. I'm confident of winning every test series. Never not been number 1 in the world.

But always slip to 7th or worse in the odi.. Cant make a decent score whilst batting, always crumble n lose quick wickets. Then can't keep em under 300

I very rarely score over 7 an over in t20s. It's pretty annoying. I mainly sim them now. Warner and finch scoring at less than a run a ball. Bull s**t

In another save I have the West Indies at 4th in the world in tests. Taken 5 years and only lost a few series. Starting to get some really good computer generated played now to

Do you set realistic test fields. Or have you worked out the best fields for the game?
I've worked out the best fields for the game..

For my quicks I use a first and about a third slip... Because if they nick it through 2nd slip first slip will catch it, and if it goes wide to like a fourth slip, the man at 3rd slip should grab it. So there you are saving at least one fielder...

So for an attacking field I'll go 1st slip, 3rd slip, gully, leg slip (always have one for the quicks early on.. Unrealistic amount of catches go here), short leg... Then usually a deep square leg, mid wicket, mid off, mid on and someone in the covers.

Then once settled I move to my other custom field... Same field except I push back 3rd slip to 3rd man and push back midwicket.

In another save I have the West Indies at 4th in the world in tests. Taken 5 years and only lost a few series. Starting to get some really good computer generated played now to
Should post that save here.. Wouldn't mind doing a west indies save and to see where the Aussies end up 5 years down the road.

About to start my Australian international career, who do people use as their all rounder and third seamer?

About to start my Australian international career, who do people use as their all rounder and third seamer?
Maxwell and Pattinson. I would steer clear of Patterson and Handscomb as well.

Third seamer is a hard one. Pattinson or Cummins. Cummins is such a good bat in the game to. I don't normally play an allrounder. Bowl smith if need be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In tests I use

Starc
Hazlewood
Cummins
Bird/Pattinson

I don't bother with a spinner because I got a regen who averages 45 with the bat and bowls leg spin very well.

Hey all, I'm looking to get into the cricket captain games on iPhone (big football manager fan + big cricket fan = can't lose?) but unsure which one to get. The 2014 edition costs $6, 2015 edition $8, and the 2016 edition $14. I'd obviously prefer a good trade off between price and quality - any advice? Would older games not work as well on newer phones and OS's possibly? Cheers.

Hey all, I'm looking to get into the cricket captain games on iPhone (big football manager fan + big cricket fan = can't lose?) but unsure which one to get. The 2014 edition costs $6, 2015 edition $8, and the 2016 edition $14. I'd obviously prefer a good trade off between price and quality - any advice? Would older games not work as well on newer phones and OS's possibly? Cheers.
I don't know the quality on iPhone but personally I feel 14 would be the best investment.

14 doesn't have the same contract system with the aus Comp as 15 + 16. iPhone I don't know but iPad is awesome

Cummins is such a good bat in the game to. I don't normally play an allrounder. Bowl smith if need be

This. Cummins average has only just slipped below 50 in mine
How many runs does he actually score each innings, though? I find he often has a high average that is boosted by like 40% of his innings being not-outs.

In tests I use

Starc
Hazlewood
Cummins
Bird/Pattinson

I don't bother with a spinner because I got a regen who averages 45 with the bat and bowls leg spin very well.

No reason not to use Lyon in the game IMO. Often ends up with a strike rate below 60 with an economy rate of around 3.1-3.2, which is decent for a Test spinner these days.

I usually go with a Starc/Siddle/Hazlewood/Lyon bowling line-up in regular conditions, and O'Keefe/Starc/Hazlewood/Lyon in spinning conditions. You can still usually get a year or two of perfectly adequate seam bowling out of Siddle in the game, and Pattinson, Cummins or Bird don't often produce that much better.

Also, am I the only one that sims the majority of games, rather than playing ball-by-ball or over-by-over? I'm more interested in just getting through the series and generating the results and stats based on the teams I select. It would be nice to be able to have more control (being able to ensure the bowling order, and that particular bowlers actually get to bowl) in simulation would be nice, but I find I'm more into the management side of sports games rather than actually controlling the play myself.

Don't be a tightarse, buy 16

How many runs does he actually score each innings, though? I find he often has a high average that is boosted by like 40% of his innings being not-outs.

No reason not to use Lyon in the game. Often ends up with a strike rate below 60 with an economy rate of around 3.1-3.2, which is perfectly good for a Test spinner these days.

Also, am I the only one that sims the majority of games, rather than playing ball-by-ball or over-by-over? I'm more interested in just getting through the series and generating the results and stats based on the teams I select. It would be nice to be able to have more control (being able to ensure the bowling order, and that particular bowlers actually get to bowl) in simulation would be nice, but I find I'm more into the management side of sports games rather than actually controlling the play myself.

Cummins is a legit all rounder in the game. In the World Cup I had him at 7 and Wade at 8 haha

I play tests over by over. Sim most 1 dayers and never play t20s because they are campaigners

No reason not to use Lyon in the game. Often ends up with a strike rate below 60 with an economy rate of around 3.1-3.2, which is perfectly good for a Test spinner these days.

When batting I generally use the auto sim and sometimes when I have 2 spinners on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back