Interview with Brayden Sier

Aug 26, 2009
Yarra Bend
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
After training this morning, I asked Brayden Sier if he'd give me a few minutes for a short interview. He very kindly agreed. Here is the transcript.

Neil: Brayden there was a picture posted on BigFooty last night of you at a training camp in Thailand. Can you tell me about that?

Brayden: Was there? I was on a Tiger Muay Martial Arts course in Phuket.

Neil: How long were you there?

Brayden: Just a week. I got put onto that by my girlfriend’s brother - he does it a fair bit. He reckons it was grouse so I reckon it was probably the most fun I’ve had and the whole thing made me completely stuffed.

Neil: What else did you do over the break?

Brayden: The off-season was pretty short and I basically haven’t really stopped to be honest. The only break I had was over in Thailand doing the Tiger Muay thing.
Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 1.40.08 pm.jpg

Neil: There’s an awful lot of interest in you amongst Collingwood supporters. You haven’t played a game yet and you had a shocking run with injury, so where to from here? What’s the goal for the coming season?

Brayden: I’m hoping for a clean run. I’m probably the fittest I’ve ever felt at the moment. Touch wood nothing happens again, but I think I’ve had my fair share of bad luck.

Neil: Apart from the face fracture, what were the major issues last year?

Brayden: The preseason was, well, I didn’t do much. Pretty much I missed 80% of it because I’d had back surgery over the break, so that put me back about 10 months behind everyone and so, I just started coming back and sort of hit a little bit of form towards the end of the year and then just ran out of time. So just thought I’d keep up with all my running and all that sort of stuff, so I’m feeling pretty good I guess, so I want to carry the form into next year.

Neil: Assuming you have an injury free summer and everything being good, where do you see yourself playing?

Brayden: In the middle. Inside mid.

Neil: You’re big enough to almost be a Key Position now aren’t you?

Brayden: Yeah, well, I don’t mind it up forward (laughs) but yeah, midfield forward. I think I’m quick enough to sort of play up forward and I’m strong enough to play in the midfield so, (laughs) that’s the plan at least.

Neil: Thanks for taking the time Brayden. I’ll let you get back to the others. Good luck.

Aug 17, 2006
Lilyfield
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
After training this morning, I asked Brayden Sier if he'd give me a few minutes for a short interview. He very kindly agreed. Here is the transcript.

Neil: Brayden there was a picture posted on BigFooty last night of you at a training camp in Thailand. Can you tell me about that?

Brayden: Was there? I was on a Tiger Muay Martial Arts course in Phuket.

Neil: How long were you there?

Brayden: Just a week. I got put onto that by my girlfriend’s brother - he does it a fair bit. He reckons it was grouse so I reckon it was probably the most fun I’ve had and the whole thing made me completely stuffed.

Neil: What else did you do over the break?

Brayden: The off-season was pretty short and I basically haven’t really stopped to be honest. The only break I had was over in Thailand doing the Tiger Muay thing.View attachment 435903

Neil: There’s an awful lot of interest in you amongst Collingwood supporters. You haven’t played a game yet and you had a shocking run with injury, so where to from here? What’s the goal for the coming season?

Brayden: I’m hoping for a clean run. I’m probably the fittest I’ve ever felt at the moment. Touch wood nothing happens again, but I think I’ve had my fair share of bad luck.

Neil: Apart from the face fracture, what were the major issues last year?

Brayden: The preseason was, well, I didn’t do much. Pretty much I missed 80% of it because I’d had back surgery over the break, so that put me back about 10 months behind everyone and so, I just started coming back and sort of hit a little bit of form towards the end of the year and then just ran out of time. So just thought I’d keep up with all my running and all that sort of stuff, so I’m feeling pretty good I guess, so I want to carry the form into next year.

Neil: Assuming you have an injury free summer and everything being good, where do you see yourself playing?

Brayden: In the middle. Inside mid.

Brayden: Yeah, well, I don’t mind it up forward (laughs) but yeah, midfield forward. I think I’m quick enough to sort of play up forward and I’m strong enough to play in the midfield so, (laughs) that’s the plan at least.

Neil: Thanks for taking the time Brayden. I’ll let you get back to the others. Good luck.

That was great. Thanks

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well I hope not. I didn't ask anything compromising at all and I was mindful that I would need to report sensitively. But you may be right Old Spice, players are very strictly managed these days.

Did he really use the word grouse Mazzarjo??

Delist if true :p

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Also sounds like his head is screwed on well.
Good kid, can't hurt.

Go Sier

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Terrific interview too well done

Another Very good report Neil.
Hoping that the kid stays injury free, and pushing for selection by half way through the season.

Last edited:
Well I hope not. I didn't ask anything compromising at all and I was mindful that I would need to report sensitively. But you may be right Old Spice, players are very strictly managed these days.

I'll join you next time and we'll bring a huge butterfly net and bag a few for further questioning in the back of our media van.

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Now I am feeling grouse. Thanks Neil.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did he really use the word grouse Mazzarjo??

Delist if true :p

To be fair, he was paraphrasing his girlfriend's brother's descriptor. May not be a term he uses himself.

Gredat work Mazzarjo. Really appreciate your efforts with you training write-ups. Was working in Collingwood myself yesterday and would have loved to have dropped in for a look, but 6.45 seems to turn into 3.00 without even blinking it seems. But you never disappoint. Keep em coming good sir.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club

Reckon this might be the clubs plan too? Play him high half forward? Or at least have him as an option to do so?

DraftBalta

league leaders for flags won without cheating
Oct 16, 2017
In my pants
AFL Club
Collingwood
Reckon this might be the clubs plan too? Play him high half forward? Or at least have him as an option to do so?
Hope they are working on something, Richmond showed you don't necessarily need the 4 keys and ruck, you can develop a game plan to suit your personnel

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Hope they are working on something, Richmond showed you don't necessarily need the 4 keys and ruck, you can develop a game plan to suit your personnel
That's what prompted the questions, it seems we have options and it's a case of if, when and where the club executes - the club is deafly quiet by the way. This gives me confidence

Back