Invasion Day activities on the 26th of Jan- Post yours here

Remove this Banner Ad

Woke is your go-to word to avoid any responsibity for anything or to justify anything. The anti-slavery people were woke to you.
Which anti-slavery people? Are you talking about the Europeans who managed to abolish the global slave-trade, perhaps you're referring to the USA civil war?

Well, those were the people who ended slavery in the Western world.

If you're referring to the virue-signalling idiots who self-flagellate over crimes committed by their ancestors then the 'woke' comment has a point.

I don't see any of these people pushing to end the current day slave trade in Africa, which is perpetuated by their own people. Nah, better protest s**t that ended over 200 years ago.

Well, those were the people who ended slavery in the Western world.

If you're referring to the virue-signalling idiots who self-flagellate over crimes committed by their ancestors then the 'woke' comment has a point.

I don't see any of these people pushing to end the current day slave trade in Africa, which is perpetuated by their own people. Nah, better protest s**t that ended over 200 years ago.
There's nothing wrong with white people joining in with Indigenous people to protest an offensive date.
Woke is such a cop out word and it's lazy to use it. Progressive policy eventually comes in anyway.
Anyone that protested for fairer rights in history like Ghandi, Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, Bob Brown, Greta Thunberg ect would have all been referred to as woke but they were all proved correct.
The same will go for Meghan Markle, Colin Kapernik and others.
The people that say woke are usually behind the times or just racist.

Yes, they are coming to your house to remove your soutgern cross tattoo and your Australian flag cape and thongs.
Theft under the guise of protest?
Hmm where have we seen that before, at the George Floyd “protests” perhaps..?

E71E2034-38A2-423C-9068-0386E2ED4142.jpeg

If you can’t tell the difference you are part of the problem.

There's nothing wrong with white people joining in with Indigenous people to protest an offensive date.
Woke is such a cop out word and it's lazy to use it. Progressive policy eventually comes in anyway.
Anyone that protested for fairer rights in history like Ghandi, Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, Bob Brown, Greta Thunberg ect would have all been referred to as woke but they were all proved correct.
The same will go for Meghan Markle, Colin Kapernik and others.
The people that say woke are usually behind the times or just racist.
That's great but who are these 'anti-slavery' people you referred to?

No need for semantics. You said woke. And anti-slavery protrests would have been referred to as the equivalent of woke.
I'm not sure what you're on about, you know what I mean.
They are woke and virtue-signalling, because the people that 'protest' slavery publicly aren't subject to it and and do absolutely nothing to combat it other than 'look at me'.

Protesting slavery in itself isn't woke.

Protesting it in a country that doesnt have a slave trade and then doing nothing to combat it in other countries, purely for social media brownie points, is.

Last edited:
They are woke and virtue-signalling, because the people that 'protest' slavery publicly aren't subject to it and and do absolutely nothing to combat it other than 'look at me'.

Protesting slavery in itself isn't woke.

Protesting it in a country that doesnt have a slave trade and then doing nothing to combat it in other countries, purely for social media brownie points, is.
Stop making sense with facts or that sooky flog will yell at his screen again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You didn't let me down.

At your age (teenager?)I was out riding a push bike that was operated by leg power, not land fill polluting batteries, we actually rode and walked instead of getting a lift off Mommy and Daddy in their huge airconditioned people mover. No one I knew went flying for their overseas holidays and we didn't carry a portable computer in our pockets or wear the latest Nikes Adidas etc, all made using virtual slave labour and made out of harmful chemicals and rare earths that destroy the areas they are made in, our rubbish bin, yes we only had one, was rarely full and hardly any plastics were thrown out in it, we also took our bottles back so didn't need recycling bins but yeah we are the ones f@cking the World up:$
I drank out of the garden hose and I survived.

Scored a free breakfast, a sweet Knight Rider shirt from Big W and spent the day with the young bloke. Doesn't sound like much, but I'm a simple man with simple pleasures.

I appreciate your viewpoint Dinners, but I fo feel a lot for our Indigenous Brothers and Sisters who do feel pain and hurt by this date (which from their perspective, seems like a celebration of the genocide and misappropriation of their people, land and culture)

We cannot move forward (totally) as a collective Nation and community, until we change the date of Oz Day, the flag and become a Republic
We need to become a republic and get off England's tit. I hate those Pom campaigners.

This is the entire purpose of the internet.

Now what do we do? :(
Happy Guitar GIF by IFHT Films

Remove this Banner Ad

Back