Society/Culture Is antisemitism on the rise?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is calling for the destruction of Israel anti-Semitic?
Well by calling for the bombing and deconstruction of Israel by violent means, yes.

This is an incredibly complicated situation. It stems from years upon years of fighting and displacement of Jews and arabs in a region where there is no clear ownership, if you will. It drives into the importance of Jerusalem. The west has a lot to answer for in this over the last 100 years, like every conflict that has taken place there’s been a push and a shove and presence from Britain or the USA.

We actually can’t solve this, Israel is a free state and will act in a way it desires. Hamas and Hezbollah are ideological and fanatical religious extremists. There’s also no justification for murdering innocents on both sides. We need to be supportive and welcoming of displaced refugees from this. I am also not sure if we can stop or fix this. By we I mean the west.

One thing I do know is that spreading anti Jewish or Arab propaganda isn’t helping anyone. Staying cool and not encouraging or buying into it is the best bet to preventing uprising and terrorism from within our countries. Alienating Jews or arabs is not something our political parties should ever do.

As to the question of the thread title, it most likely is.

Definitely, and Israel is largely to blame. They've been insistent for years that Israel and Jews go hand in hand to deflect criticism. I guess they didn't consider that there's pros and cons to blurring that line once you start murdering civilians en masse.

I can't even imagine how ridiculous someone would have to be to blame rising Islamophobia on Hamas and ISIS for carrying out terrosism in the name of Islam. If people hate muslims, that's on them for equating all muslims to terrorism, they should educate themselves. Same goes for people trying to blame rising antisemitism based on what they perceive Israel is doing.

Well the obvious thing that’ll happen is that right wing groups will or could begin to ramp up anti semitic rhetoric and commentary towards Jews due to the conflict in Hamas. It’ll be used as another anti Jewish ideology. 100 years ago it was the Jews controlling the wealth and distorting the economy, now it’s the violent sentiments they represent towards innocents etc.

With Donald Trump and his right wing zealots lurking, it won’t be long before this starts to escalate into anti Jewish propaganda.

Well we know what the evangelicals love Israel don’t we? It’s all part of a biblical prophesy which will see the jews in Israel also killed. And they call Islam an extreme insane religion:

Further reading on Christian Zionism. I guess Trump is part of this 7 years of misery too being a dictator and all that?

The establishment of the state of Israel in 1948 was viewed by Christian Zionists as being the historical event of greatest importance in heralding the fulfilment of biblical prophecy.

Christian Zionism holds that the return of Christ will be heralded by the “rapture” — in which true believers will be taken to meet Jesus in an otherworldly realm. However, for the majority, the rapture will be preceded by the return of Jews to the Holy Land, and the conversion of Jews to Christian belief.

After the rapture, there will be a period of seven years in which the world is plunged into turmoil, violence and misery caused by natural disasters, by war and by dictatorial regimes.

Jesus will then return to earth with his true believers to reign for 1,000 years. During this period of Christ’s rule Jerusalem will serve “as the capital of the entire world”.

Dr Tristan Sturm writes: “Jews are seen as the Chosen People of Earth and are, therefore, to be unwaveringly supported as God’s army soldiering toward the apocalypse. Protestant Christians, on the other hand, are understood as the Chosen People of Heaven and a post-millennium Earth”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back