Think Tank Is it time to ban greyhound racing and horse racing for good?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok mate, only a 'tiny percentage' have done something dodgy or put down a healthy horse lol.
Heaps of trainers have been caught drug cheating at some stage, Peter Moody, Darren Weir,Stuart Webb, Tony Vasil, Trent Pennuto, Liam Birchley, and Robert Smerdon plus others .
They shove bi-carb down the throats of horses, use cattle prods, use illegal drugs ect.
What do you expect when the main purpose is to make money?
Why feed a slow horse when you can pay someone to put a bolt through it's head?
Also,the thorougbred is only bred for speed and muscle. The skeleton can't support all that muscle, that's why they get injured a lot.
Thousands of Horse trainers and you name 7.. One of which I know was cleared in Birchley.
I agree that anything to make money is going to have people trying to get an advantage and it's wrong but racing do a fairly good job at policing it, majority of trainers start for their love of the horse so its harsh to just ban everyone because of a few.
Some horses can't handle it your right and it sad but that's just life unfortunately. I believe most horses enjoy racing though even some that unfortunately get injured doing it.

Good call!
People bet too much money on both these racing events

Massive night of chasing in Sydney tonight at Wentworth park featuring the $75,000 to the winner Paws of Thunder final.
Do It from box 2 should hopefully be too good for these and I like the the $3.60 available. Some classy dogs in the race but thankfully Jungle Duece and Wow have drawn the squeeze boxes which should help my bloke out. Multi-ing that up with Fernando Hunter in the previous race at $3.80. Very unlucky not to win his heat last week and progress into the final. Bet of the night*. If your chasing a roughy I think Caroline in race 5 should go close. Currently $18 but I reckon you’ll get more betting closer to the jump.
Good luck all and happy punting 👌

Massive night of chasing in Sydney tonight at Wentworth park featuring the $75,000 to the winner Paws of Thunder final.
Do It from box 2 should hopefully be too good for these and I like the the $3.60 available. Some classy dogs in the race but thankfully Jungle Duece and Wow have drawn the squeeze boxes which should help my bloke out. Multi-ing that up with Fernando Hunter in the previous race at $3.80. Very unlucky not to win his heat last week and progress into the final. Bet of the night*. If your chasing a roughy I think Caroline in race 5 should go close. Currently $18 but I reckon you’ll get more betting closer to the jump.
Another rube for the gambling apps.

How's the live baiting racket going? It can't be policed so I assume they have all done it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez thought start to the night punters. Do It was checked badly at the start and never had a chance. Need the 4 in the last now more than ever or the kids are wearing last year’s school uniforms again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back