Opinion Is Josh Jenkins in our best 22?

Is Josh Jenkins in our best 22?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing he said is untrue though. Has a rep as a big mouth.

So that means everyone who's got the nerve to speak up is a big mouth? Maybe it's refreshing?
But now that becomes arrogance on his part?
I personally respect the sincerity of the bloke (Jenkins) trying to turn basketcase Adelaide around.
Where's Don Pyke now?
What really annoyed me was branding Jenkins as lacking humility, we don't even know the bloke, how lacking humility or grace is that!

Last edited:
He will need to take a ticket and stand in line to get a word in with Scott and Paddy being the media tarts at Geelong.
Media tarts?
That's an interesting description of an AFL coach, who is required to front the media and take the fall for everything good and bad, and the current President of the Players Association.
You expect them to pass on their rather obvious media duties perhaps?

So that means everyone who's got the nerve to speak up is a big mouth? Maybe it's refreshing?
I personally respect the sincerity of the bloke (Jenkins) trying to turn basketcase Adelaide around.
Where's Don Pyke now?
What really annoyed me was branding Jenkins as lacking humility we don't even know the bloke, how lacking humility or grace is that!
Yep. Innocent until proven arrogant.

Where's Don Pyke now?
What really annoyed me was branding Jenkins as lacking humility we don't even know the bloke, how lacking humility or grace is that!
Arrogance is saying on live tv, maybe dangerfield should have stayed and he'd be a premiership player. One week before the grand final where they were utterly humiliated. I wonder who did that?

If that's not arrogance then I don't know what is.

Start sav first ruck, and have Jenko as a fwd resting ruck, they are both competent rucks and I reckon we could get a 50-60 goal combo out of them.

Stanley has had years to prove himself, I'm not sold, I think we would get more out of these two around the ground, sav has a huge ceiling to be an athletic nice NC style ruck, whilst Jenko is physical enough to body and nullify the Grundy rucks, they both have greater footy nous then stanley

Arrogance is saying on live tv, maybe dangerfield should have stayed and he'd be a premiership player. One week before the grand final where they were utterly humiliated. I wonder who did that?

You know what, he was right. That's not arrogance. If Danger stayed, the Crows would have beaten Richmond in the 2017 GF. That year, Danger was the dominant brownlow medalist. He was a beast. Add him into that Crows team and they wouldn't have wilted.

O'Connor Blicavs Kolo
Stewart Taylor Tuohy
Clark Constable Duncan
Cockatoo Hawkins Miers
Jenkins Ratagolea Ablett
Stanley Dangerfield Steven
Selwood Rohan Menegola Parfitt
Emer Narkle Guthrie Stephens Kreuger

Fairdinkum you rub me up the wrong way, in fact I'm holding back on this, and for all the sane people out there; this guy goes 2 goals a game over almost 150 AFL games but no respect??... lets think a bit!...just a little?...Hawkins kicks all the goals; and he frieeekin needs help!:
I know you won't or don't understand this but some people on here just might.
So to sum up, l'm with Jenkins all the way and personally l'm not surprised at your meaningless diatribe just BS as usual.

You should probably give what I wrote another read, I'm not sure you're parsing it correctly.

To sum up
  1. Jenkins has not been known for being humble in the past, and that is highly unlikely to change now. You're welcome to peruse any of his media comments over the past few years if you really doubt me.
  2. That's not a big deal to me - in fact I think that humility is a vastly overrated trait for elite athletes like Jenkins to have.

Don't you know they're great mates, afterall Danger brought him here, or are you going to read between the lines desparely like some do.
Personally l think they're happy as two peas in a pod as well as Jack Steven.
Do you reckon Danger saw anything personal in that? Seriously... maybe you might but most people wouldn't.

My issue is his arrogance in thinking they had the flag in the bag. They rocked up thinking they just needed to show up at the ground to collect the trophy. Nothing to do with his shot at dangerfield.

But then again the whole crows team were arrogant. Choked big time.

You know what, he was right. That's not arrogance. If Danger stayed, the Crows would have beaten Richmond in the 2017 GF. That year, Danger was the dominant brownlow medalist. He was a beast. Add him into that Crows team and they wouldn't have wilted.

Could he have stopped the whole team from choking? Doubt it. Most of the team wilted under the pressure. They were like deers in the headlights.

Dont get the angst.
Most footy players have a degree of head wobble to them in some respect - some more than others - but its there.

JJ can play and when he does, it goes well. When it doesnt' he's a disinterested lump of coal.

With all that said, he came to us on the back of more coal than the other. So based in you are only as good as your last gig, he's got plenty of work to do.
When not imitating a lump of coal, he could be a real asset for us and inside best 22.

But he needs to prove it regularly and often to get a gig. Far from the coal being a diamond in the rough at this stage.
Over to you Josh.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could have been simple wishful thinking; he may have made a significant difference...?

You should probably give what I wrote another read, I'm not sure you're parsing it correctly.

To sum up
  1. Jenkins has not been known for being humble in the past, and that is highly unlikely to change now. You're welcome to peruse any of his media comments over the past few years if you really doubt me.
  2. That's not a big deal to me - in fact I think that humility is a vastly overrated trait for elite athletes like Jenkins to have.

Ok!.. then you've totally convinced yourself and anyone else who you might sway that he's arrogant and lacks humility.

If he kicks near his career average per game this season he can brag all he likes
as far as l'm concerned.

Ok!.. then you've totally convinced yourself and anyone else who you might sway that he's arrogant and lacks humility.

If he kicks near his career average per game this season he can brag all he likes
as far as l'm concerned.

Yes, exactly. It's perfectly reasonable to look at his history and recognise that he talks a big game but I'm here saying that that doesn't and shouldn't matter.

All that matters is how he delivers on field.

Yes, exactly. It's perfectly reasonable to look at his history and recognise that he talks a big game but I'm here saying that that doesn't and shouldn't matter.

All that matters is how he delivers on field.

Still don't see how arrogance is applied but guess we view him differently.

Harry is cooked Kolo is centre half back, Harry and Hendo are insurance only.

Narkle is an automatic selection as is Guthrie, father time has caught up with tuohey as well.

Cocky hasn't played for two years, let's see him string 5-6 vfl games first,

Also not sure you can play Stanley, sav, Jenkins and Rohan in the same team

Where's dalhous?
Where's Henry?
Where's Atkins
Also Steven will play fwd.

Fogarty will also play more games than he misses

And I'm worried about gaz, should only play home games as he was cooked end of last year. As the cats second best modern player he deserves to go out on better terms than his dad.

O'Connor Blicavs Kolo
Stewart Taylor Tuohy
Clark Constable Duncan
Cockatoo Hawkins Miers
Jenkins Ratagolea Ablett
Stanley Dangerfield Steven
Selwood Rohan Menegola Parfitt
Emer Narkle Guthrie Stephens Kreuger

Harry is cooked Kolo is centre half back, Harry and Hendo are insurance only.

Narkle is an automatic selection as is Guthrie, father time has caught up with tuohey as well.

Cocky hasn't played for two years, let's see him string 5-6 vfl games first,

Also not sure you can play Stanley, sav, Jenkins and Rohan in the same team

Where's dalhous?
Where's Henry?
Where's Atkins
Also Steven will play fwd.

Fogarty will also play more games than he misses

And I'm worried about gaz, should only play home games as he was cooked end of last year. As the cats second best modern player he deserves to go out on better terms than his dad.
Agree re Henry and Dahl. Obvious omissions from best 22. Slip up there. The others I'm not so sure about. Reckon cocky will play straight up. Guthrie and Atkins not automatic inclusions. Harry will start. Kolo better on medium forwards.

There's no way to know that for sure.

Dangerfield played against Richmond in the Qualifying Final and didn't exactly win us the game.

Danger has been pretty horrible in finals imo

Danger has been pretty horrible in finals imo
Suffers from the Gary Hocking syndrome,throws everything into every game in the home and away to get us there preferably top two and is burnt out at the business end.For the team good he needs to pace himself or be managed.

Back