Is political correctness stifling debate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't realise there was an "AntiFa" thread.

Yeah, in the 'International' sub-forum. Some fun and games in that thread for sure

How many of these people are denigrating Rita as a woman (and how she looks, what she wears, whether she’s married, what her voice sounds like) and how many are heaping s**t on her grotesque opinions?

Abbott looked at his watch and it was sexist.

Yet you seem to set a very different bar for others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw this too. Can someone inform me here because I'm out of the loop. Are these people parodying something? I refuse to believe this kind of talk is that widespread. Not that I think it's a problem, more something to laugh at and ignore, but it is hard to believe people are seriously saying him/he, her/she, every time they introduce themselves. And if you don't like chatter, why go to a public place like this??

I saw this too. Can someone inform me here because I'm out of the loop. Are these people parodying something? I refuse to believe this kind of talk is that widespread. Not that I think it's a problem, more something to laugh at and ignore, but it is hard to believe people are seriously saying him/he, her/she, every time they introduce themselves. And if you don't like chatter, why go to a public place like this??
Not super widespread but where it can be found is in groups of this demographic and political orientation.

The beauty of this clip is that the speaker is calling for a group to be able to organise everyone and she is interrupted by two people asking for things to be quiet and not to use gendered pronouns. Yeah... Good luck with that organising lol

Not super widespread but where it can be found is in groups of this demographic and political orientation.

The beauty of this clip is that the speaker is calling for a group to be able to organise everyone and she is interrupted by two people asking for things to be quiet and not to use gendered pronouns. Yeah... Good luck with that organising lol

Well I identify as a socdem, and I've never encountered a room of these people before. I think they're doing harm to real progress with this him/he/jazz hands stuff too, because it makes the left hard to take seriously.

"Not super wide spread" lol. Is a tiny group within a tiny subculture. There is a nutter for everything and your side chooses it's opponents that validate your own prejudices not by that opponents significance. You learnt it from the best though. I read a bit of Shapiros debate book he does the exact same thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back