Is Scott Pendulbury the most overated player in Collingwood's history?

Remove this Banner Ad

This is not a good thread.
I'm sure all those games of Kyne you watched enabled this learned opinion of Scott Pendlebury.

IMO Pendlebury is actually underrated somewhat.

Runner up in the 2007 Rising Star and if you asked the masses who ended up the better player between Pendles and the winner most would pick SP10. And that says a lot as Selwood was a absolute champion of the game.

This is not a good thread.
I'm sure all those games of Kyne you watched enabled this learned opinion of Scott Pendlebury.

IMO Pendlebury is actually underrated somewhat.

Runner up in the 2007 Rising Star and if you asked the masses who ended up the better player between Pendles and the winner most would pick SP10. And that says a lot as Selwood was a absolute champion of the game.
I don't think the rising star award is relevant to anything.

I actually think the most overrated is Mark Ricciuto as yes he has 8 All Australians which is an amazing number but if you actually look at his All Australians he is on the bench for pretty much all of them so he was never in the top 5 or 6 midfielders in the league for his entire career.

More Richmond poster outrage bait.
I actually think the most overrated is Mark Ricciuto as yes he has 8 All Australians which is an amazing number but if you actually look at his All Australians he is on the bench for pretty much all of them so he was never in the top 5 or 6 midfielders in the league for his entire career.
And zero AAs for Collingwood, so I agree - most overrated player in Collingwood history is Ricciuto.

best player i've seen for them and i've been watching since the 80s

pendlebury
daicos
buckley

it's my dream that petracca has as revered a career as pendles
Petracca is on his way there , different style of mids , Trac is a bull , where Matrix , is , well Matrix like :)

Players better than Scott Pendulbury imo.

Jack Regan
Gordon Coventry
Nathan Buckley
Bob Rose
Phonse Kyne
Gavin Brown
Peter Daicos
Nick Daicos (projected)

At least get the list of Collingwood greats right. Albert Collier is arguably our greatest player, Syd Coventry nearly as good. Surely your detailed research would show you that both Coventry, Collier and Harry Collier are better than Kyne and Brown. Do your research.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wut. He was named on the field 4 out of 8 selections. Pendlebury 2 of 6 for comparison

Na he’s a modern great of the game and future hall of fame inductee

Deserves every bit of hype and will be remembered as an all time great captain for the Pies just like Hodge, Selwood and Cotch will for the clubs they played for

Oh for f**ks sake.

Can someone f**k this s**t off either altogether or to the bay where it belongs.

The bloke is nothing short of a superstar and is rated exactly where he should be if not underrated.

What garbage

Not often I agree with you PhatBoy, but in this case you are spot on. Scott Pendlebury is a champion of the game.

Of all the dumb threads that have been started, this must be right up there.

Rating Scott Pendlebury is similar to liking Lenny Hayes; everyone tells me I should do it - and I do publicly - but behind the scenes I never quite got it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back