Is this the end of the Greens? 9% and falling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Only "business" is honest.......:$

you're right, business isn't always honest. That is why we have the trade practices act and the concepts of "misleading and deceptive" conduct and the corporations act.

we need to have similar rules, legislation and a commission to investigate breaches, activities, representations etc for politics.

it is strange that so many are against honesty in politics. why?

it is strange that so many are against honesty in politics. why?

Now you're just deliberately playing dumb. Nobody's against honesty in politics. But it's pretty dishonest to call someone a "lying dog" and then not point out clearly what they said.

So can you just do one very simple thing. Show us what Ludlam said that has made you so disgusted with him. Just point out the claims in a speech or media release and then we can easily judge for ourselves. Because at the moment you've made a very strong claim and backed it up with literally nothing.

the working class is a diminishing demographic and will continue to fall away as Gen Y and Gen Z increase their voting block

working class is synonymous for resistance to change, structured, centralised and low acceptance of technology. Gen Y and Z were born into change, born with IT, think a life long career is greater than 36 months and familiar with decetralisation.

One isn't better than the other but Gen X and Y are driven by social issues (the greens) and the working class is focused on the here and now (labor).
Drivel

this graph doesn't think so

sdt-2012-08-22-Middle-Class-01-11.png

Now you're just deliberately playing dumb. Nobody's against honesty in politics. But it's pretty dishonest to call someone a "lying dog" and then not point out clearly what they said.

So can you just do one very simple thing. Show us what Ludlam said that has made you so disgusted with him. Just point out the claims in a speech or media release and then we can easily judge for ourselves. Because at the moment you've made a very strong claim and backed it up with literally nothing.

go back and read my post

go back and read my post

Ok:

I can confirm a business went to see him to provide support and correct him on numbers he was incorrectly representing.

He said thank you but those numbers do not suit my political objective.

Very simple task for you. Show us what numbers he was incorrectly representing and where.

Ok:

Very simple task for you. Show us what numbers he was incorrectly representing and where.

and my response was a very clear, wait until after the WA election and or legal and we may be in a position to disclose

and my response was a very clear, wait until after the WA election and or legal and we may be in a position to disclose
Hahahah.

Incredible. You clown.

Everyone is laughing at you, you know that right?

No one is reading this and thinking "Oohh.. Power Raid must be pretty important", everyone is reading it and thinking "What an arrogant dickhead! He can't honestly think we believe him, can he?"

Next you'll be telling us that Brad Scott is your cousin.

Hahahah.

Incredible. You clown.

Everyone is laughing at you, you know that right?

No one is reading this and thinking "Oohh.. Power Raid must be pretty important", everyone is reading it and thinking "What an arrogant dickhead! He can't honestly think we believe him, can he?"

Next you'll be telling us that Brad Scott is your cousin.

people are free to think what they want.

why are you so excited by my post? are you one of those people that can't relax if you don't know a secret?

why are you so excited by my post? are you one of those people that can't relax if you don't know a secret?
I'm completely relaxed, and you have no secret.

Your position is, that Ludlum is a lying dog, based on numbers related to mining. And you've stated that he stated that he is deliberately ignoring these numbers because it goes against his campaign. As in... You're stating that he is deliberately lying, and committing fraud.
BUT...

You can't give us anything to back up your bullshit, because it's just so serious, that there are legal matters attached to it.

So, you're free to say he is a liar, and needs to be investigated... But you can't provide any evidence to support it, due to legalities.

You total bullshit artist!

You wouldn't even pass the basics test in a primary school. Why do you think such an obvious lie would not be called out online?

I'm not excited about your post. I'm laughing hard at your bullshit, and how ridiculous you are!
Basically you're a satire piece from The Onion.
But you are so out of touch that you think people aren't laughing at you.

You can't even give the numbers that Ludlum is 'lying' about. Regardless of the fact, that there would be no liable legalities of you disclosing that to us, anonymously online, via an AFL forum.

At the end of the day, I know you're a liar. And so does everyone else.
No one actually believes you. That might humour you, to try and force you into outing yourself as a liar. But no one actually believes you...

You arm waving, emotion, bullshit artist! :rainbow:

I love how you're making such a big deal about this fictional bullshit you've created about Ludlum, while you're talking down the Parakila crap.

While you're telling people to ignore the fact that the Libs have given themselves handouts... you're pushing that Ludlum is a factual liar.
I've deliberately left skid marks on toilet bowls, that have more integrity than you.

Power Raid is a dog molester.
I can't tell you anything more now, than the fact that he is a dog molester.

Basically, if you want any evidence, you'll have to wait until the QLD state election, or legal. But I'm still going to use it as factual backing for other statements from now on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it is more to do with labeling Ludlum in a very offensive term without backing up. Pretty low.

However you have piqued my interest in WA politics and I will waiting with baited breathe every time a politician quotes figures there although not sure why Ludlam would be relevant in a state election.

Yeah you're not legally allowed to quote a media release or speech and highlight the comment you believe to be wrong. That sounds perfectly logical. I'm not asking you to give out any secret information or anything just show us what Ludlam said that you think was a lie.

Yeah you're not legally allowed to quote a media release or speech and highlight the comment you believe to be wrong. That sounds perfectly logical. I'm not asking you to give out any secret information or anything just show us what Ludlam said that you think was a lie.
Who said anything about "not legally allowed"

Final results: Greens lost 1 seat. In SA. Where Liberal and Labor also lost seats. So much for the death rattle.

9 Senate seats instead of 10, someone bring in the priest to give the Greens the last rites.

Maybe should've put up a slightly better showing in those close HoR seats but overall they are here to stay, that's for sure. Can't see any reason why their primary vote will dip more, if NXT/One Nation goes away like Palmer did in the last election they will improve again.

They are getting closer to winning a number of seats. Batman/Wills/Melbourne Ports will all go into the next election as marginals.

Higgins, Melbourne and Warringah are now all being measured as Liberal vs. Green contests, which perhaps indicates that they're also increasingly sponging senate votes from Labor in these wealthy, inner-city electorates.

If they hover around 10-11% for a while they should be content; that's pretty good compared with other Green parties across the West. It should win them at least 4 senators at a half-senate election, which is where their power is.

Last edited:
They are getting closer to winning a number of seats. Batman/Wills/Melbourne Ports will all go into the next election as marginals.

Higgins, Melbourne and Warringah are now all being measured as Liberal vs. Green contests, which is perhaps indicates that they're also increasingly sponging senate votes from Labor in these wealthy, inner-city electorates.

If they hover around 10-11% for a while they should be content; that's pretty good compared with other Green parties across the West. It should win them at least 4 senators at a half-senate election, which is where their power is.
10-11% really is not good news I don't think in this environment, they need to be pushing for 15% if they want to say that they are making ground on the majors. The political environment is such that they should be making inroads but have been in a holding pattern in the Senate for a while now.

Hopefully there will always be a third party. Imagine what politics will be like if we only had the two.
Greens started going down slightly when Brown retired and at the moment leaderships is not as strong but still have support.
Think they will be around for awhile.
I doubt the greens will go under. If they ever do, the only ones are left are the big two in liberals and labour parties and the smaller independent ones

I doubt the greens will go under. If they ever do, the only ones are left are the big two in liberals and labour parties and the smaller independent ones

I fear one nation is on the brink of a massive resurgance. They might rival the greens in an election cycle or two if they can't get their numbers up.

It should worry them that they aren't catching any of the growing third party vote.

Never have I seen more politicians from various parties desperately trying to talk up how bad a simple storm was.

Every storm we get must now be labelled some sort of record. 140kph gusts are 70knts on the old scale. Gale force GUSTS. That's what Sydney gets during a nasty southerly change in summer.
Does the entire state of Qld get wiped out everytime there's a lowest category cyclone rolls thru somewhere ?
I notice Adelaide had 38mm of rain to 9am this morning. That's only like an inch and a half isnt it ? That's bad is it ?:huh:

Bearing in mind that having a qtr million lightning strikes a month is nothing unusual...why is 80K over two days anything I should be seeing on the evening news ?
Reminds me of when they reported the "staggering" news that there were now 80 fires blazing across NSW...but forgot to mention 70 is normal every day.

Once in 50yrs ?..are they qualifying their sensationalism by reminding people that is only for the month of September ? Hows about October ?

A simple storm doesn't shut down a state's entire grid...except in SA. However, a lot of politicians NEED it to have done exactly that though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back