Is this the weakest season ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Every team 2-10 will be kicking themselves at the end of the year thinking **** that could easily have been us. And they hand out a flag every year regardless of the quality of the comp. Additionally this year umps seem to have had a larger say in outcomes so it's all a bit of a crapshoot. We are now in the era where only dynasties can be considered to be a real achievement. Melbourne the only candidate if they win it this year. And Tigers but we are no chance.

Every team 2-10 will be kicking themselves at the end of the year thinking * that could easily have been us. And they hand out a flag every year regardless of the quality of the comp. Additionally this year umps seem to have had a larger say in outcomes so it's all a bit of a crapshoot. We are now in the era where only dynasties can be considered to be a real achievement. Melbourne the only candidate if they win it this year. And Tigers but we are no chance.

Yep. There are going to be a lot of teams at the end of this year that will be thinking "with a bit more luck this could have been our year"

Every team 2-10 will be kicking themselves at the end of the year thinking * that could easily have been us. And they hand out a flag every year regardless of the quality of the comp. Additionally this year umps seem to have had a larger say in outcomes so it's all a bit of a crapshoot. We are now in the era where only dynasties can be considered to be a real achievement. Melbourne the only candidate if they win it this year. And Tigers but we are no chance.
What a load of crap. Making the finals is an achievement, winning a final is a bigger one, winning the flag is a real achievement and not something any club is going to think is just a stepping stone on the way to a Dynasty.

This year has definitely been interesting. 1-10 on the ladder seem pretty even and anyone can beat anyone on their day. The standout teams Freo, Dees Brisbane and Geelong certainly look beatable and vulnerable at times.

However West Coast and North have been utterly awful down the bottom of the ladder. North were down the bottom last year but were a much better footy side.

Dons got their shit together but were looking at being that 3rd awful team at points throughout the year.

Been a good season IMO.

This year has definitely been interesting. 1-10 on the ladder seem pretty even and anyone can beat anyone on their day. The standout teams Freo, Dees Brisbane and Geelong certainly look beatable and vulnerable at times.

However West Coast and North have been utterly awful down the bottom of the ladder. North were down the bottom last year but were a much better footy side.

Dons got their s**t together but were looking at being that 3rd awful team at points throughout the year.

Been a good season IMO.
I don’t think the Dons got their shit together so much as they just emerged from a brutal fixture at the start of the year. They were in a tonne of games and their decline definitely overstated.

well it would be nice to have one of those rare years where the GF wasn't completely one sided by the last quarter or earlier.
I might be biased as it was, of course, the best day of my football supporting life, but the first three quarters of last year's GF were exceptional. Big momentum shifts, midfield guns going head-to-head, super high intensity, drama – it had it all. Then of course, Melbourne did what they did, but even that absolute midfield dominance was bloody entertaining to watch (still is).

Cam Guthrie, Menagola and Duncan are miles better than Ling and Kelly. Don’t undersell them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kelly was an AA in 2011 and was the fancy to win the B&F that year (I certainly thought he'd win it).

Still, players instantly become rated more highly once they win a premiership and I've no doubt that would be the case if and when players like Blicavs, Guthrie, Duncan, Tuohy and even Stanley end up being part of a premiership team.

essendon make the finals in 2009 losing more than they won.

It's interesting how people rank these things. I always consider 2009 to be the most stacked year we won it, because all the top four sides were legitimate premiership quality and Adelaide, Brisbane and Carlton were really good teams as well in their own right, probably good enough to be top four in another year. It doesnt bother me that there was a crap team in eighth: there were seven teams in there that were bloody quality.

Garbage!
We already know what the 07-11 team went on to achieve.

This year's team is the most overrated team of the last few years. Even have opposition supporters getting seduced.
We are fuc*ing old and have had one of the easiest fixtures all year. I can't say it enough but wait until finals begin.
We may win the QF but we will certainly get done in the PF. We have a lot of pea hearts in this team.
few pea-heart supporters too I reckon. Weird looking avatar you've got there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is partially due to Ross Lyon footy not near the joint?
JackFlash do you agree? LoL
There is no doubt the Ross Lyon style of footy was as exciting as watching concrete set, he was also Paul Roos assistant at Sydney from 2004 -2006 during a time where they won a flag and bored us all to tears. This season gave us some of the most incredible finals games in the AFL era, there had to be a winner of the whole thing and i guess Geelong were the most capable of doing that, after criticism of the Dad's Army recruiting, i wouldn't be surpised that other clubs will try and do the same? A good mature age footballer in the AFL with the right attitude can make it to 32 -33 in the modern era and after 5 or 6 pre seasons a player should be primed for another 5 years of peak performnce. Collingwood are nuts to be gtting rid of Grundy, he might not have played his best footy yet?

Garbage!
We already know what the 07-11 team went on to achieve.

This year's team is the most overrated team of the last few years. Even have opposition supporters getting seduced.
We are fuc*ing old and have had one of the easiest fixtures all year. I can't say it enough but wait until finals begin.
We may win the QF but we will certainly get done in the PF. We have a lot of pea hearts in this team.

Wow, hasn't this come back to bite you. After all your crap about Constable going, us being too old, and the above post just exemplifying your attitude against us the last few years, you have the audacity to change your avatar to Joel holding the cup?

Of all supporters, you should not be posting, or you really are just a bandwagoner. Pathetic.

There is no doubt the Ross Lyon style of footy was as exciting as watching concrete set, he was also Paul Roos assistant at Sydney from 2004 -2006 during a time where they won a flag and bored us all to tears. This season gave us some of the most incredible finals games in the AFL era, there had to be a winner of the whole thing and i guess Geelong were the most capable of doing that, after criticism of the Dad's Army recruiting, i wouldn't be surpised that other clubs will try and do the same? A good mature age footballer in the AFL with the right attitude can make it to 32 -33 in the modern era and after 5 or 6 pre seasons a player should be primed for another 5 years of peak performnce. Collingwood are nuts to be gtting rid of Grundy, he might not have played his best footy yet?
I don't want Freo to top up on the older players .... Yet. I did love David Mundy though.

It's mixed results.

It sort of worked for North Melbourne from 2014-16. They won 2 finals in 2014 and another 2 in 2015. Then got smashed in an Elim final vs the crows in 2016. Have not made finals since.

It worked for Geelong in the end as they were constantly top 4. They eventually got that elusive 2022 flag.

Mind you cats could of won flags in 2013, 2016 and 2020.

Wow, hasn't this come back to bite you. After all your crap about Constable going, us being too old, and the above post just exemplifying your attitude against us the last few years, you have the audacity to change your avatar to Joel holding the cup?

Of all supporters, you should not be posting, or you really are just a bandwagoner. Pathetic.

lol settle down. Opinions are allowed on any sport in this free country of ours. It says more about posters such as yourself who are sending nasty posts than anything else on here.
I'm happy to now eat crow. It's a shame you appear upset and irritated rather than sitting back and enjoying this next 6 months.
Perhaps put me on ignore and move along ;)

lol settle down. Opinions are allowed on any sport in this free country of ours. It says more about posters such as yourself who are sending nasty posts than anything else on here.
I'm happy to now eat crow. It's a shame you appear upset and irritated rather than sitting back and enjoying this next 6 months.
Perhaps put me on ignore and move along ;)

You were adamant to spread negativity all year, without anyone requesting it from you and in situations that did not warrant it. You now get to sleep in the bed you made. Deal with it. Just like we had to deal with you. It might make you reflect on how unpleasant you are and get better.

You were adamant to spread negativity all year, without anyone requesting it from you and in situations that did not warrant it. You now get to sleep in the bed you made. Deal with it. Just like we had to deal with you. It might make you reflect on how unpleasant you are and get better.

Well, we won, so yeh, I'm better.

That Shadow guy is vile. At least I keep it on the footy.

I don't want Freo to top up on the older players .... Yet. I did love David Mundy though.

It's mixed results.

It sort of worked for North Melbourne from 2014-16. They won 2 finals in 2014 and another 2 in 2015. Then got smashed in an Elim final vs the crows in 2016. Have not made finals since.

It worked for Geelong in the end as they were constantly top 4. They eventually got that elusive 2022 flag.

Mind you cats could of won flags in 2013, 2016 and 2020.
306772678_5353672088085752_44574220125651444_n.jpg

Nothing like some seasoned, mature bodies!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back