Toast Isaac Smith 200 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys i think we have been lucky at Hawthorn to have one Isaac Smith. He will play his 200th game this weekend. He has been a warrior for our club and one of the best wingman in the game. He was the best during our premiership years.

He played a major role in our premierships and his goals in grand finals are some of the best goals that we kicked on the day.

He is a larrikin but dont let that fool you because he also the hardest worker out on the track and as the years have gone by turned from a shy young lad to one the most vocal out on the track.

So without further delay here's to Isaac Smith a champion of the Hawthorn football club. Congrats mate and have a wonderful 200th

Unlucky not to be an AA in at least one or two of 2014/15/18 years imo. Goalkicking wingmen are hard to come by but at his best , he is good for 18-25 goals a year all the while averaging 20 plus disposals in each of those years! Mind boggles as to why he’s so underrated in the wider football community . Well , here’s to Issie having a ripper 200th!

He said recently that he really didn't expect to play even one AFL game.

The fact he came in to the league a bit later gives me hope that he might have a few years left, he's found form recently and stuck it right up the doubters. Still a classy jet.

The first time i saw him play was for nth ballarat in a semi final against Box hill. I remember saying wo the * is this guy. It was like his 4th or 5th game at VFL level. We drafted him that year. He bloody won our time trial.

The first time i saw him play was for nth ballarat in a semi final against Box hill. I remember saying wo the fu** is this guy. It was like his 4th or 5th game at VFL level. We drafted him that year. He bloody won our time trial.

I vaguely recall that game. Smith just tore us apart and if memory serves me correctly Hale kicked a bag. At the time North had Hale behind Goldstein and McIntosh and he was playing for North Ballarat.
Both of course ended up at Hawthorn and played in multiple premierships.
Congratulations on the 200 game milestone Izzy. Hope you play many more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first time i saw him play was for nth ballarat in a semi final against Box hill. I remember saying wo the fu** is this guy. It was like his 4th or 5th game at VFL level. We drafted him that year. He bloody won our time trial.
Yeah, I saw that game too, he was electric.

From the moment he was drafted we had a great pick, came on the scene like he was meant to be. We have had so many great players over the last 10 years, and he was one who has played high-level consistent quality football for so long.

I see him playing for another 5 years, he has that wirey frame and doesn't look like he has lost pace, just weather his mind wants it for that long.

When Smith plays well, more often than not we win. He is a barometer of sorts. Whilst inconsistent in recent years, he can be massive when he is mentally switched on.

Huge congratulations to a player who came from nowhere and delivered on the biggest of stages time and time again. Can’t fault his endeavour.

Will be remembered as a significant contributor in an amazing team.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back