Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the obsession with scaling depravity? Depravity is depravity.
Every time I see people trying to stratify people like this it’s generally in an effort to make a dogmatic point that their chosen ’side’ is somehow better because they have subjectively done something slightly less depraved than the side they want to hate.

It’s this divisive partisan approach to social politics that has ruined us as a people and I refuse to conscribe to it, it weakens us all to those in ultimate power. Our political elite thrive on this game and that’s all of them, not just those you disagree with.

So in my eyes they are both (Hamas/Israeli government) ****ed pieces of s**t that deserve nothing but to be called out by everyone for what have both done and both continue to do, before any debate about the details of the history of these two peoples. Both of their people have suffered immeasurably and neither of them are helped by us in the west barracking for a team.

Gaza, West Bank, Israel.
That was a response to you asking me "Is a terrorist attack more morally appealing than an alleged genocide?". If you don't like scaling depravity, don't ask me to scale depravity.

And my side isn't Hamas or the IDF, it's the ordinary people who are suffering.

That was a response to you asking me "Is a terrorist attack more morally appealing than an alleged genocide?". If you don't like scaling depravity, don't ask me to scale depravity.

And my side isn't Hamas or the IDF, it's the ordinary people who are suffering.
I did, to see whether you would scale it or not.
What are your thoughts on my perspective on scaling depravity?

They are, both Israeli and Palestinians have been suffering for decades.

I did, to see whether you would scale it or not.
What are your thoughts on my perspective on scaling depravity?

They are, both Israeli and Palestinians have been suffering for decades.
One has been suffering far more, disproportionately so. Because of a deal the European powers made and imposed on Palestine. Palestine and Palestinians had done nothing wrong before 1947 when half of their country was given to people who had been displaced from Europe.

And people wonder why Egypt doesn't want to take Palestinians displaced from Palestine?

One has been suffering far more, disproportionately so. Because of a deal the European powers made and imposed on Palestine. Palestine and Palestinians had done nothing wrong before 1947 when half of their country was given to people who had been displaced from Europe.

And people wonder why Egypt doesn't want to take Palestinians displaced from Palestine?

What do you think should have happened to the Jewish survivors following the holocaust?

What do you think should happen to the survivors of Gaza following this thing that looks a lot like genocide??

I think there should be a 2 state solution so they have a home and can live without fear and then also Israelis can live in peace without fear.

How about you answer my original question?

Can't say I'm an expert on the topic, just someone has seen shit unfold over a few decades. Obviously Israel have a massive soft power influence structure going on and it's a well played out feature of history that victors largely get to write history.

Having said that though, when we look back on 100 years of Israel's occupation when we get there and see that there's either nothing else left or maybe a tiny, destitute ghetto in the desert left of Palestinian land, the results will speak for themselves.

I guess the PR stuff doesn't matter so much at that point though when you've totally won. I dunno

That's a whole lot of waffle and no response to the actual question posed. Why is Israel not murdering the nearly 2 million Palestinian citizens of Israel en masse if genocide of Palestinian people is the ultimate goal of the state of Israel?
Because they are on camera.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth pointing out that everyone involved with negotiations from Egypt, US, Qatar, Palestine, everyone, is saying that Israel have no intention of a deal.

Same with every peace deal prior. Israel either reject it at the last minute or reneg after they sign it.

And Israel want the UN to refuse Palestinian statehood until Israel agrees, but everyone knows Israel would never agree to it.

All of their positions have been exposed as disingenuous. Terrorists run amok in the West Bank while the Govt complains about global anti-semitic threats.

Israel has become the leading cause of anti-semitism and the least safe place in the world for Jews to live.
Israel wanted a place for the Jews to Live. They chose to live in Palestine for relgious and historical reasons. they could of chosen any place in the world Including a patch in Africa, but they rejected it.

I support civilians, who Israel are the dominant force in terrorising and murdering.
True...

On October 7th, Israeli civilians were killed over a terrorist attack.

After that, The IDF have gone on the offensive vs the Hamas group. Palestinian civilians have been killed as well sadly.

It is 100% genocide.

Items a., b., and c. below are not even in dispute.

Blowing up every hospital in Gaza and starving the population to death probably satisfies item d.

Big clap for Netanyahu for not doing (that we know about) item e. yet.

Israel are committing the worst war crime of the 21st century.

View attachment 1988786
They are committing Genocide but what Hamas did was also an evil act too.

Consider, if the Palestinians had been given dignity and a state on reasonable terms in the 1990s instead of being fenced in two giant prisons, would Hamas have become as powerful as it did?
If Israel hadn't supported Hamas, they might not have become as powerful.

If Israel hadn't supported Hamas, they might not have become as powerful.
Sure, that's the direct connection. But even if there was a world in which that never happens, Israel still indirectly caused Hamas to become powerful through all the bullshit they've pulled since 1967. Probably most significantly, by making Fatah look like absolute chumps for trying to negotiate for a state, by continually sending more colonising thieves into the West Bank and stealing more of it. Why would Palestinians support an organisation that are repeatedly played for fools by Israel, rather than violent thugs promising them sweet revenge?

I did specify Gaza. It's not surprising you deliberately left that part out of the quote. Hamas are not the governing power in West Bank so it doesn't concern them. For the record, settlers need to be charged crimes against humanity and put away for life. That is a separate issue to Gaza though. There was absolutely zero cases of alleged settler terrorism in Gaza in the leadup to the Oct 7 terrorist attack, even you will agree that as a fact.
Kill the settlers. Seems to be the appropriate penalty judging by Israel’s own standards.

You really have bought into the whole bullshit victim-perpetrator thing haven't you....

You can't honestly believe that the Palestinians and the French resistance are the same thing...that is beyond a stretch.
No I think you might have to explain how they are different. Both fight against what are perceived to be military occupation

So you believe they have no right to exist in the holy lands.
**** the holy lands there’s nothing holy about them. It’s all religious bullshit of no value. Raze the so called holy cities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back