It boggles the mind that anyone still thinks climate change is a myth...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting topic is biofuels

I read recently that a team of scientists from University of Queensland and University of Bielefeld were able to genetically modify algae which could then be treated so that the algae produces large amounts of Hydrogen

Hydrogen is a biofuel with enormous potential - it's only byproduct is water.

I'd be interested to know whether any government would fund such research given the possible outcomes of the research...

To me it is a clear policy difference, and will certainly earn my preference, and I would imagine that of the vast majority of Greens voters. And that should worry Howard.

What % of prefs did the libs get from green voters at the last election?

Re fuel indexation: why cant it be reintroduced immediately? How long will a decent carbon trading system take to get up and running (the EU one didnt start particularly well)?

What % of prefs did the libs get from green voters at the last election?

Re fuel indexation: why cant it be reintroduced immediately? How long will a decent carbon trading system take to get up and running (the EU one didnt start particularly well)?

well to me that is an economic policy, that of course makes sense. But if Howard did it and tried to claim it was a global warming policy, well I don't think anyone who has GW as a voting issue would buy it. I can see you hate it because it is a stupid populist policy, and fair enough too... but for GW bugger these pissy little policies.

Earth climate debate

A leading Australian geologist says it's naive to think that humans are changing the earth's climate.

University of Adelaide Professor Ian Plimmer says the sun and the ebb, and flow of its activity is in fact driving the change.

Professor Plimmer estimates a mere 0.1 per cent of atmospheric carbon dioxide can be attributed to human activity, putting the rest do

The comments come almost two weeks after environmentalists around the world praised Sydney for its Earth Hour campaign.

Interesting.

Then you have Russian scientists saying the earth will cool in 6-9 years.

What surprised me most was the poll sky news has up, you'd think with all the hype about climate change along with such things like sky news' weekly program eco-report which basically involves a whole lot of 'experts' telling us that global warming is real and will kill us all, that the poll would look extremely different to how it does... given though, i dont know how long its been up there, so it might not be a true reflection, even so... its surprising:

What camp are you in on climate change?

Believer 42%
Sceptic 58%

Edit: Its getting more impressive by the hour: Believer 39% - Sceptic 61%

Wouldnt read too much into that you only have to look at some of The Age polls (even factoring in the type of reader) results.

I know :D Just having a bit of fun.

Mr Q said:
Says more about the audience of Sky News than anything else...

http://www.newspoll.com.au/image_upl...e Change.pdf

Have you watched Sky News? Their extensive coverage of Earth Hour and their show eco-hour hardly makes viewers sceptics. Then you go one channel up to the weather channel and they'll be off on some rant about how its the hottest summer in Poland for 20 years or whatever they go on about.

That news poll is interesting. Most think GW is a problem, yet only 20% say they are willing to pay more to combat/limit global warming. Says a lot :cool:

Ummm, the number was 77% who were prepared to pay more.

Uh, i looked at the "pay a lot more" instead of "pay a little more". Still, if climate change is such a major problem which 76% of people said.... wouldn't you wanna pay as much as is needed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.grida.no/climate/ipcc_tar/wg1/figspm-4.htm

figspm-4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back