It boggles the mind that anyone still thinks climate change is a myth...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

just maybe

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2005
Other Teams
Adelaide
It really makes me laugh these sad duped fools who try to tell us all the climate change we are experiencing is normal.

Just listening to the radio this morning:
  • European ski resorts without snow.
  • Ridiculously warm European winters.
  • Greenland thawing.
  • Antarctica thawing to the extent dry land is visible in some areas.
  • Massive ancient ice shelves in the Antarctic shearing off.
  • Glaciers in Argentina melting.

Yep, all seems like a pretty normal series of occurrences.

When George W Bush has come round on global warming, you know anyone who still opposes it must really be on the slow train.

I'm not saying that I don't think climate change and global warming are major issues with man-made impacts, however a number of those things would occur naturally as part of the normal cycle of climate change.

It really makes me laugh these sad duped fools who try to tell us all the climate change we are experiencing is normal.

• European ski resorts without snow.
  • Ridiculously warm European winters.
  • Greenland thawing.
  • Antarctica thawing to the extent dry land is visible in some areas.
  • Massive ancient ice shelves in the Antarctic shearing off.
  • Glaciers in Argentina melting.

Yep, all seems like a pretty normal series of occurrences.

When George W Bush has come round on global warming, you know anyone who still opposes it must really be on the slow train.

Which would also explain why California has lost 70% of its citrus crop because of massive snowfalls, or didn't you get to that part of the news?

• Banned
Which would also explain why California has lost 70% of its citrus crop because of massive snowfalls, or didn't you get to that part of the news?

Add it to the list for today.

• Banned
I'm not saying that I don't think climate change and global warming are major issues with man-made impacts, however a number of those things would occur naturally as part of the normal cycle of climate change.

Not really. They are all extreme examples.

Hell, Stephen Hawking has come out talking about climate change, it's pretty arrogant to say the smartest man alive is wrong.

Not really. They are all extreme examples.

Hell, Stephen Hawking has come out talking about climate change, it's pretty arrogant to say the smartest man alive is wrong.
I said nothing of the sort. I simply said that some climate change occurs as a natural course of events - this is why we get ice ages and how forests turn into deserts and all sorts of other things that have changed over the billions of years that the earth has existed.

The conflux and speed are some of things that make it abnormal.

BTW - whether Hawking is the smartest man alive is arguable. Also he made the claim of a Venus-like atmosphere for Earth over five years ago, but I don't know if there was a lot of evidence to support this extreme claim.

, it's pretty arrogant to say the smartest man alive is wrong.

Its arrogant to assume one man is smarter than others. Dont fall for the trap that if Hawking says its so it must be. He is a theorist .

Yes the weather is changing but I would like to do a shifting graph and I think you will find its not about warming but about shifting of the seasons.

[*]European ski resorts without snow.

[*]Ridiculously warm European winters.

These 2 can be put down to shifting seasons ie ''well it always snows Novermber 1 but we didnt have our first snowfall until Jan 1 it must be climate change''

'' flaming heck bluey, when should we harvest'' '' well fred my grandad harvested every Saturday after show week so I reckon its climate change''

• Banned
I said nothing of the sort.

I wasn't saying you were, I was talking in generality on that point.

I simply said that some climate change occurs as a natural course of events - this is why we get ice ages and how forests turn into deserts and all sorts of other things that have changed over the billions of years that the earth has existed.

The conflux and speed are some of things that make it abnormal.

OK, now I agree with you, yes.

BTW - whether Hawking is the smartest man alive is arguable. Also he made the claim of a Venus-like atmosphere for Earth over five years ago, but I don't know if there was a lot of evidence to support this extreme claim.

I'm sure that might happen eventually.

Its arrogant to assume one man is smarter than others. Dont fall for the trap that if Hawking says its so it must be. He is a theorist .

Yes the weather is changing but I would like to do a shifting graph and I think you will find its not about warming but about shifting of the seasons.

Yep.. whatever! the "theory"

But you try to tell me how pumping billions of tons of CO2 and pollution into the air is OK?

Even IF it is not the main cause, we should indentify those things we can see as likely to be contributing and that are unsustainable... and CHANGE IT NOW!

These 2 can be put down to shifting seasons ie ''well it always snows Novermber 1 but we didnt have our first snowfall until Jan 1 it must be climate change''

'' flaming heck bluey, when should we harvest'' '' well fred my grandad harvested every Saturday after show week so I reckon its climate change''

I don't think it is shifting seasons. In fact, it isn't.

It's not that snow is coming later - it's that they're not getting snow. In Switzerland, it's so bad that banks are no longer giving finance to ski resorts under 1500m because it's not worth the risk.

And the cold isn't coming later. Winters are unseasonably warm. I lived in Sweden for 6 months between mid-2004 and early 2005. The summer was unusually cool (low-to-high 20s instead of low-to-mid 30s) and the winter was unusually warm (positive degrees instead of minus temperatures). And according to my mate who lives there, it's staying that way now.

nuclear power? where is all the water gonna come from for the 21 reactors?

I thought we had a water shortage?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt. Now do you want nuclear power?

:D Following your advice I took off the tin foil hat!

There are lots of alternatives have been invented but supressed by Oil Cartels... once Dubya gets the boot... they will surface again.

No bloody Nukes ....NO WAY! :thumbsdown: Rather ride a push bike and churn the butter under candle light!

:There are lots of alternatives have been invented but supressed by Oil Cartels... once Dubya gets the boot... they will surface again.

No bloody Nukes ....NO WAY! :thumbsdown: Rather ride a push bike and churn the butter under candle light!

Thats ok. But for a long term viable , all population sustaining energy provider , I feel NE is the way to go.

Its either coal or nuclear... small commuinities can develop alternatives but for a large urban population its one or the other

Thats ok. But for a long term viable , all population sustaining energy provider , I feel NE is the way to go.

Its either coal or nuclear... small commuinities can develop alternatives but for a large urban population its one or the other
That’s a little bit defeatist isn’t it?

We will never have a sustainable energy source until it is not financially profitable not to have one. In other words, whilst there can be a buck made out of burning coal. We will burn coal.

The solution isn’t necessarily in new technology, but rather making the current, clean technology productive in terms of energy provision and profitable for the shareholders.

Surely this would be possible via government intervention ... if they wanted to do it that is.

Even IF it is not the main cause, we should indentify those things we can see as likely to be contributing and that are unsustainable... and CHANGE IT NOW!

Yuh not so easy. Not only is there no general agreement as to whether we are truely experiencing global warming, there is no real agreement on just about every significant global warming issue

- the rate of global warming
- the impact
- how to stop it
- how much it costs to stop it
- who should stop it
- how much we can actually stop

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you 100% on this. But you can see why governments who have the responsibility of managing a countries resource might not be so keen to implement changes that will cost 100's of millions of dollars when there is so much yet to be established.

Yuh not so easy. Not only is there no general agreement as to whether we are truely experiencing global warming,

Rubbish. There is nearly total agreement. Almost unprecedented agreement for such a massive issue.

There's a few naysayers, but there is on every single issue in existence in the world. Don't give them more credit than they're worth.

Rubbish. There is nearly total agreement. Almost unprecedented agreement for such a massive issue.

There's a few naysayers, but there is on every single issue in existence in the world. Don't give them more credit than they're worth.

There is none at all. In fact there is positive proof that world temperatures have risen and fallen for millions of years. We are in a rising stage.,

There is none at all.

This is actually an outright, laughable lie.

In fact there is positive proof that world temperatures have risen and fallen for millions of years. We are in a rising stage.,

This is a false and deceitful point because, as NMWBloods pointed out, the conflux and speed are some of things that make the current situation abnormal.

This is actually an outright, laughable lie.

This is a false and deceitful point because, as NMWBloods pointed out, the conflux and speed are some of things that make the current situation abnormal.

Prove it.

ps. please learn some English. A lie is something someone says untruthfully. I believe you mean that you disagree with my truthful view.

Prove it.

Prove what?

What I have said has been covered in about 40 million threads on this board.

Just search for 'climate change'. I'm not going digging up old threads just to sate something you already know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back