It saddens me how criminally underrated Dermott Brereton's career has become.

Remove this Banner Ad

My first footy game was hawks v north at Waverley. 88 or 89
I had no idea and north looked like athletes in a nice blue and white top
Hawks looked lik a disinterested group for three quarters and dipper rat dermie etc did not look the part at all. Brown and gold is not an athletic colour combo
Then last quarter they switched on and north couldn’t touch them. Superb skills made ot look easy

They had me at full time

Every September in the 1980's the question asked in the media was "who can stop Dermott?", he was the key to our success, the most important and influential player of that era (if not the best).

I have come to accept that, outside of Hawthorn, he will always be underrated, especially by the likes of Sheehan who has a chip on his shoulder about the Kid.

The funny thing about it is that Dermott wasn't underrated during his prime.

I agree with the OP 100%. :drunk:

Your posts are just like that Bosk.
I thought you were smarter than that.

And the OP is an idiot.
Dermie was a huge star; his only problem was that he was surrounded by other stars and didn’t always get the recognition.

And the OP is an idiot.
latest

Every September in the 1980's the question asked in the media was "who can stop Dermott?", he was the key to our success, the most important and influential player of that era (if not the best).

I have come to accept that, outside of Hawthorn, he will always be underrated, especially by the likes of Sheehan who has a chip on his shoulder about the Kid.

The funny thing about it is that Dermott wasn't underrated during his prime.

I don’t reckon it was an accident that when Brereton and Mew returned in 1991, they had an extraordinary finals series

Favourite player ever.

Best CHF I've seen after Carey.

He may not have kicked the goals of Sticks or been as talented as Grant or as good a grab as Tredrea or Loewe, but he had far more impact and was more valuable to his team.

Best CHF:

01. Carey
02. Franklin
03. Brereton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back