Jack Ziebell given 4 week suspension. 3 with a guilty plea

Remove this Banner Ad

Err, Ryder was suspended, that's all done.

It is merely asking the poster to look at a similar incident involving players from another team and gauging his thoughts on it.

If you have issues with society, take them to SRP.

I guessed you would dodge the question.

It's a serious issue that is much bigger than our club and now it gets diluted amongst crap.

Get a GWS alias and insert this in to a generic thread if you want to post this stuff in future.

Otherwise, it's just a clarion call for morons. They are far more interested in winding up north supporters than standing up for the game.
Id rather be in position of the monster than stop it mate. You cant stop dickheads having their say.
Either way if i didnt start it someone else would and it would proceed to a shitfight anyway.

I guessed you would dodge the question.

Where did I dodge the question?

All I said was that I put up the Ryder incident because it was similar and I wanted to gauge the opinion of North supporters on a similar incident not involving their team.

I'm not trying to say Ryder's was wrong or right.

I've seen the incident, multiple times, so there's no need to show me the video.

Ziebell chose to leave the ground. Whether he chose to do so to give himself the best opportunity to smother the ball (which in itself is ridiculous as he looks to leave the ground after the ball has past him) or because he intended to hit Lyons is not particularly relevant. The only thing of relevance is that he left the ground. He left the ground to protect himself? Spare me.

Once he left the ground and collected Lyons high he was a goner. The AFL doesn't like hits to the head, we all know that and Jack should too from past experience. Simple as that.

So the AFL would prefer to see someones leg snap in half? That's the only other alternative in this instance where 2 players are coming at each other at 100mph. By leaving the ground Ziebell was protecting both himself and the Adelaide player

To be honest, he could have done what Glass did a few weeks ago. Body contact, put your arms out to brace, players fall over, the end.

But no, JZ jumps off the ground with a solid hip and shoulder. It's just asking for trouble. I'm not saying that I agree with the suspension, but seriously, has he not learnt his lesson?

Where did I dodge the question?

All I said was that I put up the Ryder incident because it was similar and I wanted to gauge the opinion of North supporters on a similar incident not involving their team.

I'm not trying to say Ryder's was wrong or right.

Was it wrong or right?

The loading from his bad record has killed him here, which is unfortunate, because I certainly don't think Zeibell is a thug at all and that's what the bad record should be kept for...

Can everyone who keeps saying all that matters is that he left the ground please have a think about what they are saying. If Jake King jumped off the ground and hip and shouldered Sandilands in the nuts, you get the point.

On a serious note, I have watched the replay a few times and I genuinely believe he didn't get him in the head.

Late definitely, no head high contact, no damage to opposition player, no malice.... but he jumped, he jumped, did you see him leave the ground, he jumped!

got shoulders not head, and lyons got right back up and played the whole game

If you believe that, I suggest you may have to watch the footage again.

Majority of the contact made was to Lyons' shoulder, but there quite clearly is contact to the head. No doubt about it.

The loading from his bad record has killed him here, which is unfortunate, because I certainly don't think Zeibell is a thug at all and that's what the bad record should be kept for...

He has been suspended for 7+ games previous to this incident within the last 2 years, at what point does he stop being the victim and start being seen as a dirty player?

I've seen the incident, multiple times, so there's no need to show me the video.

Ziebell chose to leave the ground. Whether he chose to do so to give himself the best opportunity to smother the ball (which in itself is ridiculous as he looks to leave the ground after the ball has past him) or because he intended to hit Lyons is not particularly relevant. The only thing of relevance is that he left the ground. He left the ground to protect himself? Spare me.

Once he left the ground and collected Lyons high he was a goner. The AFL doesn't like hits to the head, we all know that and Jack should too from past experience. Simple as that.

So the AFL would prefer to see someones leg snap in half? That's the only other alternative in this instance where 2 players are coming at each other at 100mph. By leaving the ground Ziebell was protecting both himself and the Adelaide player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can everyone who keeps saying all that matters is that he left the ground please have a think about what they are saying. If Jake King jumped off the ground and hip and shouldered Sandilands in the nuts, you get the point.

On a serious note, I have watched the replay a few times and I genuinely believe he didn't get him in the head.

Late definitely, no head high contact, no damage to opposition player, no malice.... but he jumped, he jumped, did you see him leave the ground, he jumped!

Christ, players jumping.

What next! Hopping?

He has been suspended for 7+ games previous to this incident within the last 2 years, at what point does he stop being the victim and start being seen as a dirty player?
when he actually does something to warrant that, because as of now all he is doing is trying to win the ball or stop it from going the oppositions way in a non malicious way

At the time I thought he should get off. I freely admit to being biased on that one.

However, when looking at a neutral incident in a similar nature, it's a lot easier to be objective. I think 1 week with an early plea was accurate for Ziebell, he only has himself to blame for the extra loadings.

Given that you can't even remember the two players involved in the contest, I'm going to assume that your memory of this incident isn't all that clear.
My memory is that Talia was on Dish for 3 quarters. If it was Rutten then that would work when Daw got subbed off.
I assume im correct, hey.

HAHA, rubbish. So if Ziebell didn't leave the ground he would have snapped his leg?

Perhaps Ziebell should have dived at the smother if that was his intention...no impact required.

Those on here who believe this was worthy of a suspension have obviously never played a competitive game of aussie rules football in there life. Im convinced of it

We expect players to throw there bodies in willy nilly but then punish them for unavoidable contact

Hate to nitpick but can you please educate yourself on the difference between there and their. It's annoying.

well done captain obvious, the intention was to smother, once the ball went over he braced himself for contact to protect the players from front on contact.

did you want him to fly over lyons?

The ball was gone, he braced, he jumped, he got him high.

It's pretty damn clear cut.

I've only seen it live, so I'm not sure of the contact. If he hit him in the head, he has to be suspended in the circumstances. If he didn't hit him in the head, he shouldn't be suspended.

If he has hit the head, at some point you need to worry about the blokes who keep getting hit in the head by Ziebell.

Pretty much my take on it as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back