Recommitted Jacob Hopper [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS probably have the strongest midfield group in the AFL. If Hooper was at any other club he would be a regular. He is a top 10 pick in any trade although GWS may want a player if the fail to flag and feel they need sometjhing.

Is it just me, or why is there this perception he is leaving? I'm yet to here of any specific side linked with him which makes me think until said sides bomb on Kelly or Martin then this has a long way to play out yet. Who knows, if Kelly leaves perhaps GWS up their offer and he stays for coin and more midfield minutes...

On a side note, I'd be happy if Wrighty pulled another swifty and we ended up with him in a trade for Poppy and picks, or Breust alone.
Hopper for Breust I'd do in a heartbeat.

Wasn't the Marchbank deal the 4 players for pick 7? Marchbank, Lamb, Jaksch and Pickett?

No you are getting confused.

Carlton traded 7 for jaksch whiley and 19 (boekhorst) in 2014.

They traded 28 in 2015 for plowman sumner lamb and phillips.

Then last year they traded our 2017 1st rounder (currently pick 16) for marchbank and pickett.

No you are getting confused.

Carlton traded 7 for jaksch whiley and 19 (boekhorst) in 2014.

They traded 28 in 2015 for plowman sumner lamb and phillips.

Then last year they traded our 2017 1st rounder (currently pick 16) for marchbank and pickett.
that last one is a cracker deal.
the first one....not so much

SOS won all of those trades.

Unfortunately, Carlton lost the first one pretty badly.

This post will probably get deleted since it's off topic but i can't help myself.

SOS also somehow turned Henderson into pick 8 (Harry McKay)
Essentially Tom Bell and pick 22 into Charlie Curnow
Yarran into pick 19 despite Richmond knowing he had issues

He's done pretty dam well in 2 years.

that last one is a cracker deal.
the first one....not so much

It was good for carlton the geelong end of it which (currently) is 16 and smedts for 22 and tuohy we are very happy with.

The gws end which was 16 and 53 for deledio, ask them how they feel after the finals.

I believe there was a mutual agreement that Adams would be traded for pick 10 before the Shaw became linked to GWS (if only this all happened, 10 was Nathan Freeman). Hopper's value would be something similar I think. Bombers pick 11-14 straight sounds fair imo

So we're talking a similar price to what Hawthorn paid for Tom Mitchell?
Well he's not going to be cheap to get I would've thought. Highly talented junior (pick 7 2015 draft) who finds himself in a team with one of the deeper midfields in the comp. Assuming he leaves, I reckon he will have a break out year with his new club due to greater midfield opportunity (think Jack Steele at St Kilda). If we're talking about a straight swap hypothetically, a pick in the mid-late teens seems fair for someone of Hopper's talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would happily hand over our first rounder for him, exactly what we need.
We don't have any inside midfielders really.
Couldn't care about Martin or Kelly, we need inside midfielders.

I believe there was a mutual agreement that Adams would be traded for pick 10 before the Shaw became linked to GWS (if only this all happened, 10 was Nathan Freeman). Hopper's value would be something similar I think. Bombers pick 11-14 straight sounds fair imo
I'd do that.

Looks a lot like Caddy to me. High draft pick that has a big reputation but doesnt actually do much. I think he will be a good player but not much more.

Based on what we've seen so far i'd have to agree, though it's early days for Hopper.

If we gave up a pick in the teens for him and he became a similar player to Caddy i wouldn't be too disappointed...Caddy is a good, handy player.
Though would obviously hope he lives up to his hype in his draft year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back