MRP / Trib. Jacob van Rooyen - How many weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

You better get used to it sooner than later or 6 months of every year of your life will be pretty boring soon enough.
The game is changing before your eyes.
You can probably add basketball to the hybrid mentioned..for the coast to coast angle.

The fact that you seem ambivalent about it, suggests you're not really a footy fan anyway.

Haven't actually contested what I've said, just said 'accept it and move on.' Well I don't. If you were any sort of a fan, you wouldn't either.

But I'm not going to bother continuing this conversation, because we clearly have an impasse here.

See ya.

Last edited:

The fact that you seem ambivalent about it, suggest you're not really a footy fan anyway.

Haven't actually contested what I've said, just said 'accept it and move on.' Well I don't. If you were any sort of a fan, you wouldn't either.

But I'm not going to bother continuing this conversation, because we clearly have an impasse here.

See ya.
You think a rant on BF will change the inevitable..lol
Im at peace with where your league we joined is taking us, yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There have been some really soft free kicks and suspensions but this is exhibit A in how much of a joke it is... Van Rooyen was just contesting the ball :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Terrible decision if upheld, players cannot be expected to spoil without occasional incidental high contact, the ball and neck/head of several players can often be really close together. Make it a free kick and/or 50 if severe. Tend to agree with Jono Brown from on the couch saying that this is a knee jerk reaction from the AFL to litigation issues regarding concussion. Just make the players sign a waiver that they understand the risks of concussion from playing a contact sport, its their decision if they want to play

If the exact same incident happened and Ballard didn’t think he heard a crack in his neck (so wasn’t stretchered off) then this incident would never have been looked at.

JVR is effectively being punished because Ballard’s ears malfunctioned and the GC trainers were super precautious.

And I wonder why I’m progressively less passionate about the game year after year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back