Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird] pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

In this case his plan was to offer unders and just sit on his hands hoping Essendon would crack. Not professional really. Also even when Hawthorn made their bid he still did bugger all and left it up to Dodoro.

How did you get Longer? The McEvoy pick? Bruce was an almost unheard of backman at GWS. That's nothing special. He's turned out amazingly for you guys though.
Its called recruiting, or talent spotting. You "could" ask Emma Quayle I suppose.

I like to look back at the Winmar and Long stories. When your player stood up the feral scum at Victoria Park your club was silent. When our player decided to take a stand against the feral scum playing for Collingwood our club backed him to the hilt and as a result have had a lasting global impact. Yes global because anti discrimination rules in Australian sport has travelled with cricket around the world.

What Essendon continues to do for the indigenous communities in the Tiwi Islands and Wadeye is something that brings me great pride. Not to mention trying to use Footy to help many new Australians get a foothold on the local culture through Globall.

Women on the board, yep Essendon first again.

Business operations manager so that club will make a profit even if it gets the spoon, yep Bombers first at that too.

Sure Peter Jackson was as tight as a nuns hat and let Collingwood take over that mantle and some serious mismanagement in Footy department has seen as go away from the club best at developing its own into a powerhouse, with Hawthorn taking that mantle, but Essendon still remains the greatest club in this league by a long shot over the long run.

Our massive supporter base continues to raise the revenue for the league that nourishes your club. That will grow into the future as we eventually get back up to where we belong.

Living last century again. Those that you have declared "delusional underer's " ( the arrogance again ) have been spending a lot more time than Essendon in the right half of the ladder this century. You remind me of the executives at IBM laughing at the home computers with microsoft dos and Apple. Or like an old British Lord, not accepting that the world has changed and you are not an important part of it. All noise and bluster.

And now Essendon are representing the "Farming community". This from the team that couldn't make it as far as Wangaratta. Proof that most of this stuff is cheap grandstanding.
You make lots of money because you have a massive supporter base. Like lots of dumb people getting together and chipping in a few dollars makes them somehow superior. ( lots of this sort of thing in the USA ).

How do you think it happened?

I don't know, but I'm not claiming to have inside knowledge like you seem to be implying with no proof.

I do know that Essendon have had trades that have been very bitterly negotiated over three successive years (Crameri, Ryder, Carlisle), whereas St Kilda has not had any sort of recent issue prior to this. There is a common thread in these deals, and it is not Ameet Bains.

I don't know, but I'm not claiming to have inside knowledge like you seem to be implying with no proof.

I do know that Essendon have had trades that have been very bitterly negotiated over three successive years (Crameri, Ryder, Carlisle), whereas St Kilda has not had any sort of recent issue prior to this. There is a common thread in these deals, and it is not Ameet Bains.
Doggies, Port and Saints have all tried to put us over a barrell because of recent controversy. Doesn't mean we have to like it. The thing is that makes the Saints so unprofessional is that once it was obvious you weren't going to drive us into unders Bains didn't have a back up plan. That's unprofessional.

Doggies, Port and Saints have all tried to put us over a barrell because of recent controversy. Doesn't mean we have to like it. The thing is that makes the Saints so unprofessional is that once it was obvious you weren't going to drive us into unders Bains didn't have a back up plan. That's unprofessional.

If you keep on backpedalling you might go into a time when Essendon was respected.

Will it now.

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/Essendon/Images/Annual Report 2014.pdf

Facilty-.png

079726-a09fb32c-50a0-11e3-9770-07dcc52d4773.jpg

Take a good long look.

Then take a look at your own equivalents and tell me exactly how hard karma hits. :D

HNNNGGGGG

Yeah, probably wrong word.

Just think you're posting crap with no evidence to back it up.

I'm sure that Bains did have a backup plan - see I can do it too!
You can't always share everything, so you have every right to think I'm speaking crap. However, I would have thought that it lines up with what we saw anyway.

You can't always share everything, so you have every right to think I'm speaking crap. However, I would have thought that it lines up with what we saw anyway.
We were told on our board by posters with inside knowledge, well before trade period, that we may be willing to part with pick 5 if we were to get a mid-teens pick back in return. Funnily enough that's what ended up happening, but it was all Dodoro :rolleyes:

We were told on our board by posters with inside knowledge, well before trade period, that we may be willing to part with pick 5 if we were to get a mid-teens pick back in return. Funnily enough that's what ended up happening, but it was all Dodoro :rolleyes:
Yes, but spending your second round pick not ours to do it.

It was also Dodoro who made this happen.

how many brownlows have bruce and longer won bruh?!? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So if brownlow medals are the measure of a players worth, surely Essendon supporters will finally recognise that Robert Harvey was superior to James Hird?

In further evidence of Robert's superiority, he didn't destroy his club for years on end.

;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if brownlow medals are the measure of a players worth, surely Essendon supporters will finally recognise that Robert Harvey was superior to James Hird?

In further evidence of Robert's superiority, he didn't destroy his club for years on end.

;)

I like Robert. He's my uncles cousin.

I remember going to a game when I was younger, and rob ended up up copping a big hit (I think it was from fletch). Anyway, after the game he took us into the saints rooms (even though me and my brothers all had essendon gear on) and he told us the reason he was bleeding so much from it is because he didn't put his mouthguard in. I took a valuable lesson for that..

So I don't mind calling him a gun considering I know him and his family ;)

;)
Reckon premierships are a better guide hird played in two captained one in which he won a norm smith medal ;)

;)
Still dirty on the '05 saints for the pathetic effort in the prelim when Harvey had done so much to get there - only one with any heart.

A premiership would have elevated his status greatly.

Essendon did well in this trade
Carlisle and 44 = Pick 5 and Bird

StK could find themselves in defecit & Swans don't think went hard enough to get Mills & Dunkley

Very interesting note;

At the members forum last night, a member posed a question as to why Essendon had 'again' be fined by the AFL for breaching the Anti-Doping code. I don't know if any of you recall the incident in question, but here's a link for anyone interested:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-05/essendon-among-four-clubs-fined-for-asada-breach

The answer, given by Rob Kerr, was revealing. He said, very pointedly, that when players go on end of season leave, they are required to do a post season medical, and then attend the administration office to let the club know where they are going and when so that this information can be passed on to ASADA.

Whilst not mentioning Carlisle by name, he 'spat' (for lack of a better word), that a player that had 'quit the club', didn't show for either of these requirements; and the inference was very clear that it WAS Carlisle. Worth noting that Carlisle WAS still under contract at this time, and was obligated to complete these requirements.

In addition, Kerr thanked Hawthorn by name when discussing our off season activities and then stated, and I quote, that 'St Kilda attempted to stitch us up'.

These two pieces of information reaffirmed for me two facts that I thought were reasonably obvious even at the time:

1) Carlisle is an incredibly unprofessional person.
2) St Kilda acted like rank amateurs, and were deliberately attempting to 'under' a deal.

Absolutely deserving of each other. If I was a betting man I dare say in several years this deal is going to be looked at VERY harshly by St Kilda fans.
Ladies and gentleman the essendon football club

Hilarious

Remove this Banner Ad

Back