Roast James Brayshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

So impartial you wouldn't have any idea he was an integral part of the club for 10 + years.

And in the landscape of current media commentators, it shits me no end.

Where's the passion?

So impartial you wouldn't have any idea he was an integral part of the club for 10 + years.

And in the landscape of current media commentators, it shits me no end.

Where's the passion?

My feelings exactly.

This is not the landscape in which you need to overcompensate to hide your allegiances.

oh he wasn’t bad tonight , I saw the masses gathering and thought fu** it I’ll get busy too.🤷‍♂️.
Man we were unprofessional when he was president . Scott ruled the roost is what I was alluding to .

Yeah, that's how I read your first post. Scott had way too much power and it didn't end well.

Will always be grateful for his role in keeping us in Melbourne. But he's insufferable when calling North games. Get he has to stay away from accusations of bias, but he overcompensates.
King is the only North figure in the media to show any passion for us.

My feelings exactly.

This is not the landscape in which you need to overcompensate to hide your allegiances.
It's totally weird.

He shouldn't be afraid to at least fly the flag every now and then.

I don't get it.

It's funny how you mentioned watching it on mute before. I watched the last half exactly like that, lol 👍

I had the thing muted from turning it on. Didn’t even know he was commentating.

He’s a lost soul. Approaching a spoken word Damien Barrett.
As I said in the game day thread, has anybody seen Brayshaw and Barrett in the same room at the same time?

fu** off and declare some other club for yourself, you poncy cuck private schoolboy ***********.

You're a certified embarrassment. NO wonder this club has become so detached from it's cultural roots you ****ing IMPOSTOR!

Truely awful commentator. Up there with Basil and Darcy as the worst of the worst.

I hate him commentating our games. He is in an awkward position of not showing bias and goes too far the other way a majority of the time.

At the same time he saved this club, so show some f**king respect.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aylett did too in the 70’s and then went full GC relocation mode.

Disrespectful, the bloke helped save our club.

I think he over compensates so he isn't accused of being biased, like pretty much every other commentator. When he does North games I just mute the TV and listen to the radio because he has been overcompensating ever since Caro gave him a hard time for being chairman and commentating North games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How come no one jumps in on threads about stuff that really matters, bar a handful of regulars?

Plenty of stuff this week that’s come directly out of YOUR club to rattle the cages that affects YOUR Membership, yet you come in here to dump on some voice on the tele thats a pain in the neck?

Aylett did too in the 70’s and then went full GC relocation mode.

And Aylett still deserves respect for what he did.

All of Brayshaw’s work shouldn’t be undone over some meaningless comments made throughout a game, where our season is done and dusted. He is most likely showing frustration like the rest of us. At the end of the day we were rubbish and his commentary reflected that.

He has done a f**kload more for this club than any of the keyboard warriors wanting to disown him. Pull your friggin heads in.

What a have all you keyboard warriors done for the club except criticise. This thread is a fn disgrace we would be playing at the Gold Coast permanently it wasn’t for his influence. He is a commentator doing his job and trying to be impartial. I won’t say anymore on this and argue with a bunch of Imbeciles.

Will always be grateful for his role in keeping us in Melbourne. But he's insufferable when calling North games. Get he has to stay away from accusations of bias, but he overcompensates.

King is an analyst not a commentator!

Still has to maintain a degree of impartiality though. Just sense a greater passion when he talks about the club, than any other North figure in the media.
Not knocking JB's role in saving the club from AFL inflicted purgatory. But his overinflating of any side we play against is grating.

Brayshaw carried on when Simpkin was caught HTB on the boundary by Rozzee where he tried to get around him but walked across the boundary line but when Rozzee was caught doing the same thing and was not penalised, there was no comment from JB. Nothing. Flog

Malcolm has always won hands down on that score. Pity he’s not around much anymore.

What a have all you keyboard warriors done for the club except criticise. This thread is a fn disgrace we would be playing at the Gold Coast permanently it wasn’t for his influence. He is a commentator doing his job and trying to be impartial. I won’t say anymore on this and argue with a bunch of Imbeciles.

1) Followed the club passionately
2) Took money out of my pocket
3) KEPT FOLLOWING THE CLUB PASSIONATELY

Kingy is also a North supporter who was prepared to draw flack over James's mate Brad.

He's prepared to put the club first, before his own personal popularity.

Life is just one great big popularity poll for Brayshaw.

Last edited:
Any 50/50 call Brayshaw takes the opposition side. Any time a North player is tackled it’s a free kick.
It’s getting to the stage where I may need to put up some chicken wire in front of the tv as I feel like throwing my stubby when he commentates.
At least Kingy doesn’t hide his passion for north and that genuinely excites me When he praises North.
Brayshaw is entering Barrett territory and we all know where that is

that wannabe Rotarian Darcy
This quote made my morning 👍
Man we were unprofessional when he was president . Scott ruled the roost is what I was alluding to .
This.

For all the good he did with the Keep North South stuff, he unwound a fair proportion of it by getting absolutely inebriated on the Scotts Koolaid.

Ever listen to a disappointing GoDees game (and they’re many of them) with the two stooges Ger-ard and Gary? 😂

They over analyse every kick and decision live throughout the game lol.
They even start moving the magnets to try make the team better 😂 it’s truely hilarious stuff. I almost feel sorry for their deprived supporters.

My point is we’re not alone, plus it always sounds 10x worse when the team is playing crap.

Commentating as a whole has become a sh1!t fest. Do Ch7/Fox seem to think supporters watching like hearing the game from one of their ‘own’?

I reckon that role should be limited to special commentary only. like what Carey or Richardson do. That goes alright. But the two main commentators should always always be neutral.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back