List Mgmt. James Gallagher - New St.Kilda List Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, our No 1 problem is picking the best talent. So we hire a guy with no track record in this?

Furthermore they seem to just be rubber stamping Liberatore and Co. But everyone from the boot-studder up know that our talent identification has been under-perfoming for years.

Have we just shuffled the deck chairs on the Titanic, when what we really need is someone that can spot icebergs better?

It’s seems we’ve hired him for his finance background & his remit will be managing contracts & TPP.

Libba managing recruitment but answering to TWOWS. Libba has only been in charge for 12 months, Trout prior to that & he’s got the arse.

Only issue for mine is roles could be a bit silo. Time will tell.

Bro, Trout was promoted to List Manager after Baines left & has vacated the role for this new slick campaigner. Bloke could hardly operate an excel spreadsheet ffs. This Gallagher campaigner looking like the wolf of wall street

I hope he's a bit better than your average banker then. 90%+ of the bankers I've met are thicker than two short planks, their main skill seems to be going cycling with the right guy to get promoted.

Considering everyone on here is an expert on list management despite having no experience, I will back this bloke to also be an expert.
Can't be that hard surely

315zyue.jpg

Last edited:
Isn’t the theory that as long as you’ve offered them a contract they have to be traded or go to the draft?

Saints - Hey Mav here's a contract for 1 yr at 85% of what we payed you last, and now that's done were going to trade you to GC for a 3rd round pick
Mav - s**t, umm I don't wanna go. I just re modeled the meditation room and I like Melbourne.
Saints - Ahhh *....

whilst technically they maybe the rules why the crap would you want to offer a bloke a contract if you want him gone.
Now Mav might want to go to GC to play with his brother, GC and Saints might be cordial and swap 4th/5th/6th round picks to expedite the process, but the thought that GC would give up more than a 3rd/4th rounder for an OOC player is pure lunacy.

Cant want value for something that is deemed not of value.

Bro, Trout was promoted to List Manager after Baines left & has vacated the role for this new slick campaigner. Bloke could hardly operate an excel spreadsheet ffs. This Gallagher campaigner looking like the wolf of wall street
How do you know that he couldn't operate a spreadsheet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does worry me is in that article they've stated the review has highlighted they think the list is more of an issue than the coaching. That coupled with news sexton and Kingsley are staying on has me thinking they still do not get it.

Lethlean might be fantastic in coming off as this hard demanding bloke but if his review has come out thinking it's more the list then I think he's in for a world of hurt in 2 seasons time. He clearly ain't hard enough on the coaches in charge.

I thought Sexton might be shown the exit door, but evidently not. Had a hunch Kingsley would be kept on. That said...our list is utterly lopsided and a bit s**t. Clean out, review, rinse repeat.

Saints - Hey Mav here's a contract for 1 yr at 85% of what we payed you last, and now that's done were going to trade you to GC for a 3rd round pick
Mav - s**t, umm I don't wanna go. I just re modeled the meditation room and I like Melbourne.
Saints - Ahhh ****....

whilst technically they maybe the rules why the crap would you want to offer a bloke a contract if you want him gone.
Now Mav might want to go to GC to play with his brother, GC and Saints might be cordial and swap 4th/5th/6th round picks to expedite the process, but the thought that GC would give up more than a 3rd/4th rounder for an OOC player is pure lunacy.

Cant want value for something that is deemed not of value.
Didn’t look at the chain tbh, just the post I replied to.

No, mav wouldn’t net us more than 4th rounder or an upgrade of a current minor pick. Maybe a little more if we took it in next years as futures a valued less.

In my view that would be the case whether he was contracted or not. That’s just where mavs performances put him in the scale of things

Hope not as the Wolf made a huge fortune by defrauding wealthy investors out of millions, all while he and his cronies partook in a hedonistic brew of sex, drugs and thrills.....................and it all came crumbling down.

Well I’d never heard of him so the pessimists win on that front.

I’m also not salivating about Smokey picks from our recruitment savant, but that’s probably ignorance on my part in terms of the person he replaces rather than the role.

Seems like a serious guy for a serious role so happy to back letch on this

Last edited:
Doesn’t the list manager at an afl club provide the coach with the list,
by re contracting players or sacking them , prioritising them on the list with their relative wage and give the recruiters a list of the kind of players the list needs ??

Now we have a bank manager to do that??
Or have I got it all wrong.
Ps if he’s doing all this by asking the coach what to do then is he really the manager of the list ?

Didn’t look at the chain tbh, just the post I replied to.

No, mav wouldn’t net us more than 4th rounder or an upgrade of a current minor pick. Maybe a little more if we took it in next years as futures a valued less.

In my view that would be the case whether he was contracted or not. That’s just where Mavs performances put him in the scale of things

Why would GC stump up more than bare minimum is what I'm saying,
Just say the the club views him as a bust like most here and offer at best a 1yr extension, all whilst GC are talking to Mav about playing up there, they need the bigger body's and more experience, they have heaps of talent and cash after losing May/Lynch/Hall and offer 2 years at similar money.

Mav's value as a player might be a 4th rounder but the fact that he is OOC diminishes that, and the only reason GC would trade instead of seeing him through the pre season draft is to expedite the process.

Ok, our No 1 problem is picking the best talent. So we hire a guy with no track record in this?

Furthermore they seem to just be rubber stamping Liberatore and Co. But everyone from the boot-studder up know that our talent identification has been under-perfoming for years.

Have we just shuffled the deck chairs on the Titanic, when what we really need is someone that can spot icebergs better?
His job is to manage the contracts of the people on the list i.e. not giving Minch and Wright two year deals back in 2016.

He doesn't need to know much about picking players for the draft

We hired a banker? What happened to our good blokes policy? Just quietly I'm tipping he's a mate of Finnis'...

Either way, the most important thing is getting in the right footballers. Going to need to read up more on Libba, know very little about him.

Did they pick Freeman yet?

Doesn’t the list manager at an afl club provide the coach with the list,
by re contracting players or sacking them , prioritising them on the list with their relative wage and give the recruiters a list of the kind of players the list needs ??

Now we have a bank manager to do that??
Or have I got it all wrong.
Ps if he’s doing all this by asking the coach what to do then is he really the manager of the list ?

wait for the club to announce his title, it might be purely List management, the the 6 other blokes who work in that dept, having responsibility for recruitment, drafting and identification. The bloke may not have AFL admin experience, but he's not someone who knows nothing of how Football works. Ameet Bains was a Lawyer doing legal strategy before we hired him as list boss, and he seemed to go ok. the only way folks would of been happy is if we nabbed a top teams head recruiter, which was never ever going to happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back