Player Watch James Rowe - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

He looked great. High footy IQ clean with the ball and plenty of passion.

Sort of reminds me of a young Ian Callinan?

Was going to say the same, gives me the $hits in the SANFL, lifts the shoulder playing for high frees too often but happy for him to get a good start.
If it's good enough for Joel Selwood, it's good enough for anyone

His first touch when he took a few steps but got closed down and tackled which effected the kick - that was the difference between AFL and SANFL level. The important thing was though, he took his time and composed himself, even though he got caught. Had he rushed and slammed on the boot - I would’ve been more worried.

Didn’t take him long to look right at home. He delivers nicely to other players, both with field kicking and creating plays with handball. He reads the ball off hands superbly, both at stoppages and crumbing packs. He’s a goal kicker, the likes we haven’t seen since Porplyzia.

He might not be a star as he was at SANFL level but he is useful enough and intelligent enough to navigate his way through AFL level and contribute to the team as a small in the forward half of the oval.

Rowe reminds me of Dale Kerrigan from The Castle. Ripping goal celebration.
https___prod-static9-net-au___media_network_images_2017_04_10_21_15_stephencurry-1-jpg.1082203
He looked like such a shortarse goober last year wearing those big baggy white shorts for WWT and that mullet/undercut/soup bowl monk hybrid haircut 😄

His first touch when he took a few steps but got closed down and tackled which effected the kick - that was the difference between AFL and SANFL level. The important thing was though, he took his time and composed himself, even though he got caught. Had he rushed and slammed on the boot - I would’ve been more worried.

Didn’t take him long to look right at home. He delivers nicely to other players, both with field kicking and creating plays with handball. He reads the ball off hands superbly, both at stoppages and crumbing packs. He’s a goal kicker, the likes we haven’t seen since Porplyzia.

He might not be a star as he was at SANFL level but he is useful enough and intelligent enough to navigate his way through AFL level and contribute to the team as a small in the forward half of the oval.
16 good quality possesions and 2 goals for his 1st game. If he can keep that average up he will be a super player for us going forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he reminds me a lot of a young Dane Swan, everything about him looks SANFL (small stocky & slow) but the results say otherwise. It took Swan about 3 years to really get going as an AFL player

From what I’ve seen so far of this fella, I’m highly impressed with his natural forward instincts. What he lacks in speed or high level athleticism, he seems to compensate very well with his positioning and composure when near the goals.

Case in point, I enjoyed seeing him taking a bounce and getting closer to goal for a better probability of 6 points. A lot of other players might have just taken a pot shot without the running bounce. This composure will not only benefit him but also those around him, and hopefully plenty of goal assists in the future!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back