Rumour Jarryd Roughead

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everyone want this plodder? If we got him for not much then ok, but stuff paying thru the nose for him. Rather we stuck with what we have and go via the draft.
It's more because we have over $1,000,000 free in the salary cap next year. Who would you rather we go after?

he was awful tonight. Watched the entire game, and he simply didn't seem interested.No chasing, wasn't leading and was killed by Fletcher

Other things on his mind perhaps?

Why does everyone want this plodder? If we got him for not much then ok, but stuff paying thru the nose for him. Rather we stuck with what we have and go via the draft.
HF: Yarran Henderson Garlett
F: Betts Roughead Houlihan

I wish.

This would have been laughed at two years ago, but Roughead would now be getting better delivery if he was a Carlton player.

We're moving the ball faster and hitting more targets than Hawthorn.

And he wouldn't have to ruck if he was at Carlton.

I would sign off on our first pick plus a couple of players to get Roughead*.

My money says Roughead won't leave his Hawthorn mates after playing in a flag.

Gun players rarely move sideways to another Victorian based club.

Hawthorn aren't a rabble like the club Ottens left.

*Don't sig that you bastards or I'll gut you with a blunt razor.

No 2nd efforts, no pressure on the opposition ball careers, no geniune hard leads and certaintly nothing to indicate some endevour. Very disinterested tonight. Not something I like to see. hmmmm

You're kidding? :)

Roughead was injured in the ruck last week, but is still fit enough to play.

Good players usually look like hacks because they're carrying an injury.

I agree with Marissa. On this year's form, why would you take him over Setanta? Carlos costs less and gives you far more in terms of effort and defensive pressure and you don't have to give up Hampson, Grigg or the War Chest.

Roughead would want to improve out of sight on the games I've seen him play this year.

But, knowing our luck, he'll kick a bag against the Blues again :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Setanta is 27 - and lets be honest here - a patch-up solution at best.

We need another tall forward option.

Carlos will be with us for a few years more and I think that Carlton has already identified a player who will take his place.

I really think that Levi will shape up and will become the FF that we really want right at about the time when Setanta is about to retire.

Carlos will be with us for a few years more and I think that Carlton has already identified a player who will take his place.

I really think that Levi will shape up and will become the FF that we really want right at about the time when Setanta is about to retire.

Its a big ask to be placing all our future hopes on a Rookie and Henderson.

Id love a young and proven tall key forward option to cover our bases, if nothing more.

We'll win the flag this year.. made top 4 and won a final last year with two thirds of the team 22yrs and under.. you haven't got any key positions.. rebuilding phase for you.

you will choke like usual in the finals and wont see a grand final again for another 12 years ;)

I agree with Marissa. On this year's form, why would you take him over Setanta? Carlos costs less and gives you far more in terms of effort and defensive pressure and you don't have to give up Hampson, Grigg or the War Chest.

Roughead would want to improve out of sight on the games I've seen him play this year.

But, knowing our luck, he'll kick a bag against the Blues again :)

Hahahahhaha... even comparing Setanta to Roughead is a joke. I would happily straight swap Setanta, Hampson, Grigg and a crappy draft pick for Roughead.

Hahahahhaha... even comparing Setanta to Roughead is a joke. I would happily straight swap Setanta, Hampson, Grigg and a crappy draft pick for Roughead.

Exactly which crappy draft pick would that be?

More performances like last nights from Roughead, will get this rumour spiraling out of control.

Make no mistake though, Roughead can play and if the door was only slightly ajar, I'd suggest Swanny and co. will give it a good kicking.

Oh, ah Jarryd Roughead, no thanks. Made the mistake of putting him in my sc team and will be dropped this week. Shocker, wouldn't want him anywhere near Princes Park

After tonights game, why on earth would Carlton be interested in him!?

Hopefully Swanny and Co. aren't as short sighted as you! Roughy is a proven goalkicker, he's young, and he still has upside....

Carlton would LOVE to get him. We could definitely build a forward line after plonking him at FF, Hendo at FF and the Mosquito fleet roaming around their feet..... Ah, I'll just keep dreaming! :eek::D

Hopefully Swanny and Co. aren't as short sighted as you! Roughy is a proven goalkicker, he's young, and he still has upside....

Carlton would LOVE to get him. We could definitely build a forward line after plonking him at FF, Hendo at FF and the Mosquito fleet roaming around their feet..... Ah, I'll just keep dreaming! :eek::D

Yeah, keep dreaming.

There's no guaranty that Henderson will end up a good player, let alone a FF. He may just end up in the backline. As for Roughy, it may not be so much that people are short-sighted as much as coming to the conclusion that he might not really be as good as what we'll end up investing in him.

I give them Hadley,Wiggins,Hampson,Warnock and our first pick for him and throw Johnson,Anderson and maybe Joseph to sweetened the deal. like to keep Hampson but he can't get a game for us while Joseph position can be filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back