Training Jen's training updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might have to leave extra early monday. Tonight i tripped on the sidewalk, splitting my knee open aka tore skin off one leg, and sprained my other foot. Not even injuries will keep me away from the first day plus time trial lol
I know a good lawyer...

I might have to leave extra early monday. Tonight i tripped on the sidewalk, splitting my knee open aka tore skin off one leg, and sprained my other foot. Not even injuries will keep me away from the first day plus time trial lol
That’s unfortunate.
Make sure you wear a yellow TOP (It may help when cueing for coffee).

I blame the clubs medical staff and the ground hardness for your injuries.

when will be get a break with injuries.

Ask the medicos for a jab, strap it up and play on.....Tony Shaw wouldn’t give up

Anyone got any insights into how Josh Daicos is looking, he is my tip for a breakout season.
He is coming in to season 4 and still is struggling even at VFL at times so I don't see what you're basing that on. I hope he does come good for his sake because it might be his last season otherwise

He is coming in to season 4 and still is struggling even at VFL at times so I don't see what you're basing that on. I hope he does come good for his sake because it might be his last season otherwise
there have been a few instances where I see something in him, the north game where he came out of a bit of traffic, sold a dummy and the laces out hit one our guys off the left foot. There were a few others, maybe it’s DNA but I think it will click for the kid.

there have been a few instances where I see something in him, the north game where he came out of a bit of traffic, sold a dummy and the laces out hit one our guys off the left foot. There were a few others, maybe it’s DNA but I think it will click for the kid.
I've seen the glimpses you see but he would want to get a move on as coming into a 4th year in the system he needs more than just glimpses, I think Bianco and Rantall will go past him very quickly

I've seen the glimpses you see but he would want to get a move on as coming into a 4th year in the system he needs more than just glimpses, I think Bianco and Rantall will go past him very quickly
True and we can’t keep him around for his name, I think this year the penny will drop and he should be better built to cope, was coming from a real boys physique when he started.

His skills and awareness are AFL standard, but I'm not sure that they're at a high enough level to compensate for a body that isn't yet and may never be at an average AFL standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Week 2: Session 3

There was no draftees today. They get the weekend off to organise/say goodbye(if interstate) and training for them will be on Monday -- Will they participate in the 2KM time trial monday morning? We'll see.

I was there about 9:15, and there was only a couple boys out there doing some warm ups: Dunn, Madgen, Mayne, Crisp and a couple others out by the athletic track doing some warm ups. I almost felt like a perv if I stared too much lol
At first I thought the session was going to be only those boys, but then 10 minutes later, the rest started to wander out.
All in all, these are the players that were present:
Stevo
Elliott
Pendles
Dunn
Mayne
Brown x 2
Daicos
Phillips
Sidebottom
Thomas
Crisp
Kelly
Murphy
Appleby
Wills
Quaynor
Sier
Maynard
Howe
Atu
Mihochek
Madgen
Tohil
Keane
Lynch
Cox
Wilson
Noble
Cameron

The only one that was absent for the first time was Roughy. Maybe was doing some stuff with the girls' team. And technically he didn't need to be out there anyway.

After everyone was warmed up, they started some rotations, with was split in a couple groups as they went about doing a range of things. Next up came some ground ball drills, again in those groups, working on some things they felt that needed work over the off season. And it was finished off with some match sim -- first it was mini versions split into two sections, and then it was everyone together.

It was a nice, solid session which lasted 2 1/2 hrs altogether. Mason Cox was the last one on the ground as he practiced some shots at goal. This isn't anything new, as he usually does this after each session during the year.

Looking forward to Monday's first real session with everyone -- seniors. Draftees. Should be good.

No Beams?

Feel better Jen

Anyone got any insights into how Josh Daicos is looking, he is my tip for a breakout season.

He is coming off foot? Surgery in the off season so he hasn’t done a great deal. Mainly rehab type things. On the stationary bike. I’ll keep an eye out

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it will too. He might be a slightly late developer, but I think he has the skills and smarts with the ball to get there. Hopefully, he keeps developing the smarts without the ball

Is he best suited as a forward or wing?
To me, Daicos isn't going to make it as a forward - not quick enough to provide enough pressure or freakish enough to compensate by doing a lot of damage. He needs to either target wing and work really hard on being an endurance beast, or target small dfendr and work really hard on developing the strength to be stronger than he currently is in a contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back