Training Jen's training updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone concerned by Nathan’s comments that he wants us to be a defence first team in 2020?
If anything we need to find more goals.Our best weapons are midfield and forward of centre...we should be looking to score more freely.

I feel we stagnated last year with too much stop start risk adverse and defensive footy which ultimately cost us.

Every single coach in the AFL would say the exact same thing.
No coach would prioritise attack over defense

Fans didn't put him in the top 5 all time?

1. Muhammad Ali.
  2. Sugar Ray Robinson.
  3. Rocky Marciano.
  4. Joe Louis.
  5. Mike Tyson.
I know next to nothing about boxing but using a fans top 5 wouldn't be the most reliable measure.

Week 2: Session 3

There was no draftees today. They get the weekend off to organise/say goodbye(if interstate) and training for them will be on Monday -- Will they participate in the 2KM time trial monday morning? We'll see.

I was there about 9:15, and there was only a couple boys out there doing some warm ups: Dunn, Madgen, Mayne, Crisp and a couple others out by the athletic track doing some warm ups. I almost felt like a perv if I stared too much lol
At first I thought the session was going to be only those boys, but then 10 minutes later, the rest started to wander out.
All in all, these are the players that were present:
Stevo
Elliott
Pendles
Dunn
Mayne
Brown x 2
Daicos
Phillips
Sidebottom
Thomas
Crisp
Kelly
Murphy
Appleby
Wills
Quaynor
Sier
Maynard
Howe
Atu
Mihochek
Madgen
Tohil
Keane
Lynch
Cox
Wilson
Noble
Cameron

The only one that was absent for the first time was Roughy. Maybe was doing some stuff with the girls' team. And technically he didn't need to be out there anyway.

After everyone was warmed up, they started some rotations, with was split in a couple groups as they went about doing a range of things. Next up came some ground ball drills, again in those groups, working on some things they felt that needed work over the off season. And it was finished off with some match sim -- first it was mini versions split into two sections, and then it was everyone together.

It was a nice, solid session which lasted 2 1/2 hrs altogether. Mason Cox was the last one on the ground as he practiced some shots at goal. This isn't anything new, as he usually does this after each session during the year.

Looking forward to Monday's first real session with everyone -- seniors. Draftees. Should be good.

Week 2: Session 3

There was no draftees today. They get the weekend off to organise/say goodbye(if interstate) and training for them will be on Monday -- Will they participate in the 2KM time trial monday morning? We'll see.

I was there about 9:15, and there was only a couple boys out there doing some warm ups: Dunn, Madgen, Mayne, Crisp and a couple others out by the athletic track doing some warm ups. I almost felt like a perv if I stared too much lol
At first I thought the session was going to be only those boys, but then 10 minutes later, the rest started to wander out.
All in all, these are the players that were present:
Stevo
Elliott
Pendles
Dunn
Mayne
Brown x 2
Daicos
Phillips
Sidebottom
Thomas
Crisp
Kelly
Murphy
Appleby
Wills
Quaynor
Sier
Maynard
Howe
Atu
Mihochek
Madgen
Tohil
Keane
Lynch
Cox
Wilson
Noble
Cameron

The only one that was absent for the first time was Roughy. Maybe was doing some stuff with the girls' team. And technically he didn't need to be out there anyway.

After everyone was warmed up, they started some rotations, with was split in a couple groups as they went about doing a range of things. Next up came some ground ball drills, again in those groups, working on some things they felt that needed work over the off season. And it was finished off with some match sim -- first it was mini versions split into two sections, and then it was everyone together.

It was a nice, solid session which lasted 2 1/2 hrs altogether. Mason Cox was the last one on the ground as he practiced some shots at goal. This isn't anything new, as he usually does this after each session during the year.

Looking forward to Monday's first real session with everyone -- seniors. Draftees. Should be good.
Roughead missing, Dunn in, that rookie selection is paying off already. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for this Jen. In the desert that is the off season, your contributions (and Apples' when he can get past the food static) provide the only real information for the tragics like me that live interstate, and I guess, for many in the vast jungle that is Melbourne.

I might have to leave extra early monday. Tonight i tripped on the sidewalk, splitting my knee open aka tore skin off one leg, and sprained my other foot. Not even injuries will keep me away from the first day plus time trial lol

I might have to leave extra early monday. Tonight i tripped on the sidewalk, splitting my knee open aka tore skin off one leg, and sprained my other foot. Not even injuries will keep me away from the first day plus time trial lol
Love your dedication to this great club!

That sucks Jen! I hope you're feeling better come training on Monday.

I was going to say you'll fit right in with the playing group with an injury, but Walsh's injury reports usually read test, unavailable or indefinite.

Taking one for the team. While I wish you and Apples not harm, better you two incur injuries during the preseason than the players.

Keep up your wonderful efforts. We all really appreciate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back