MRP / Trib. Jeremy Cameron sent to tribunal - Harris Andrews incident - read Mod announcement at post #67

Remove this Banner Ad

It wasn't intentional no, but what are we talking about exactly here, the collision? There are many collisions on the field that do not result in one player being reported that end in similar circumstances. Sure the collision was severe and impact was high, but if that is just what happens in the game then that is what happens.
We are beyond that though now.

No longer about on field we are in the judicial system.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Not the collision, the 'strike' on Harris Andrews.
Well the strike is the collision. There are many such collisions each year which end similarly, and many of them don't end in reports. I am just hard pressed to put a player who was in the drop zone of the mark into some "thug player" out to KO someone else. He was literally in the drop spot of the ball , left the ground at the same time as Andrews and had the best eyes on the contest.

My view that if something happened then something should be done and if nothing happened then nothing should happen? My standpoint is highly controversial to you it seems....
It is annoying because you stubbornly persist in your ignorance, when the solution is in front of you. At the same time you insist on giving me your opinion. If you're not trolling why would you do that?

Rob O'Neill is now showing an incident involving Kurt Tippett and Dylan Grimes, which has been graded as careless. He submits that if Tippett's effort was a realistic attempt to spoil the ball or protect himself, Cameron's cannot be classified as intentional.

He is now showing vision of an incident involving Tim Membrey and Dylan Grimes, which has also been graded as careless. He says it is "clearly later" than Cameron's incident over the weekend.

The final bit of vision O'Neill will show involves Ty Vickery and Dean Cox, classified as intentional. O'Neill says: "That is what an intentional strike looks like, a deliberate movement of the arm with no other intent than to make contact with the player."

O'Neill is also suggesting the push from Darcy Gardiner thrust Cameron into the contest, via the push prior to the incident.

Robert O'Neil making a good case here with the reference to other cases called careless. But anyone get the feeling they will ignore it anyway ?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

What? The tribunal listen to evidence instead of VFL medias twitter outrage feed?
tumblr_mbxlp9fbd11qcwyxho1_400.gif

Robert O'Neil making a good case here with the reference to other cases called careless. But anyone get the feeling they will ignore it anyway ?
Plenty of people would want them to ignore it! Despite always carrying on about the injury outcome shouldn't decide the grading of the charge, that's what Joe Public reverts to when it suits their agenda.

Christiansen worded his explanation of the intentional decision carefully. He said a raised arm is usually evidence of intent. In the video with body language I got the sense he might think there's doubt, but that it needed to go the tribunal. Fair enough given the impact.

I disagree, Andrews was out of position and turned his eyes off the contest for nearly 2 seconds. That is just risky behaviour and even if you think Cameron elbowed him on purpose there were many legal ways that was going to end badly for Andrews. What coach would want that for his players?
How many weeks do you reckon for Andrews ‘risky behaviour’ (also known as courage)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The tribunal don't have to pay any attention to precedence and other examples. That's been true for years, to many people's frustration.

How many weeks do you reckon for Andrews ‘risky behaviour’ (also known as courage)?
For Andrews? None because Cameron collected him first. If Andrews had injured Cameron with his risky behaviour I would hope he would be sanctioned. You shouldn't fly recklessly into a contest merely to not give away a free kick. If you are in a bad position just attempt to crumb the ball instead of injuring yourself or others. Very simple, even an AFL coach agrees with me.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-25/look-before-you-leap-scott-urges-players

Nick Pane QC is arguing that Tippett and Membrey were closer to impacting on the ball than Cameron was. He says the incident involving Tom Jonas and Andrew Gaff is a more comparable example. That incident was graded as intentional. O'Neill says Jonas was never a realistic chance of getting to the ball, whereas Cameron was.

Hopefully they don't now rely on an umpire's assessment of 'realistic attempt' - the number of free kicks they pay for a guy who arrives a fraction of a second early or late always galls me. It's not a game where players can be that precise!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back