Autopsy 2023 Semi Final: Port Adelaide v Greater Western Sydney at Adelaide Oval, 7.10pm ACST (7.40pm AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Game day is here. Hopefully we'll have a decent turnout of GWS fans in Adelaide, assisted by some local "fans for a day in orange" happy to watch the orange tsunami "tear the pear". We saw last night that upsets happen, and higher ranked teams can exit in straight sets. Of course, 7th vs 3rd is a touch harder than 4th vs 5th, plus our most recent result against Port counts against us. However, Giants fans are excited and hopeful about the possibility ... let's cheer then on to make that happen! C'MON GIANTS!

port-v-gws-png.1802888

Both teams are very strong as named.
We will be much more confident and Port will wantatonement.
I'm looking forward to this.
The return of Callaghan, Bedford and Daniels makes us far stronger than in Round 22.

It's hard to say what effect replacing TOJ with Dixon will have for them.

It’s going to be tough against one of the only 2 teams that smashed us this season. Whilst we had some key players absent in that game, we still lost by 51 points to Port in Adelaide a month ago.

Whilst the market odds have improved, we are still firm underdogs at $2.20 (Port are $1.65), I think we have a good chance to win. Kingsley is coaching exceptionally well, and our team is using his system to win 11 of our last 14 games. Our boys are also playing with great self belief and confidence, and this could be the difference in a close game.

It’s game day , just want the game to start already.

I think it’ll be a good game , and I don’t put much stock in previous form. I just hope that we stay in it and represent ourselves well.

Let’s go giants!

That is the strongest team we’ve fielded I’d say …. I trust them to perform well and it will all hang on whether the paer are as banged up as made out

If there's one thing we've done more often than not this season, especially in the second half of it, it's that we've had a good crack. Our last quarter performances are better than they have been in previous years, if not ever. Hopefully we bring that and some.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The return of Callaghan, Bedford and Daniels makes us far stronger than in Round 22.

It's hard to say what effect replacing TOJ with Dixon will have for them.
I rewatched that game and TOJ played alright so it’s unlikely to make a big difference. Dixon will help out transition from D50 cause he won’t be putting any pressure on

I think missing their captain in Jonas hurts their leadership down back.

Good luck tonight, friends. Certainly on the Giants wagon with the Dees capitulating again.

Still a whole lot of love for Jesse and Toby around our parts (could do with them at the moment, lol).

Jealous of the way you guys play – so good to watch.

Technically carjacking is illegal, just FYI

Haha

We want to hear lots of noise tonight LOTG !
I loved the noise you could hear on the TV last week at the G

I’m super nervous for this one and pacing already and we are still hours out.

I know the boys are good enough to win, but Port are also not as bad as they have been playing the last month, and will want to do anything to avoid a straight sets exit.

I think our lads have to get out the blocks quick. The slow starts seem to be better but can’t let port get a run on early.

Need to be prepping to kick the first goal before they do, and go from there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back