Preview 2023 Round 22 – Port Adelaide vs GWS Giants, Sunday August 13, 4.40pm AEST, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

From the looks of it I think Angwin comes in and McMillan debuts.

Fahey to be sub.
I think Angwin plays, I think we missed his work rate last week.

I reckon Fahey is Sub and it is either Stone or McMullin

For three wins and seven losses.

Since then, with Briggs, it's been eight wins and two losses.
Im team Briggs all the way, jsut highlighting that I dont think that Kingsley has anything against Flynn, he just thinks he is not suitable to the role Keefe is playing.

Bloody hell. I guess we play Wehr instead then?

That's not too bad actually, Wehr was really good in that wing role at the start of the year. At least while opposition players weren't actively trying to kill him.
Id say so

Argh. Just when it looked like we'd turned the corner on injuries/illness for the season ... Fate is a brutal bitch who springs up and gives us a vicious uppercut! :huh:

Still, as Kingsley keeps saying, "if we're good enough, we'll play finals". It's up to the boys who are on the park.
Port are not without their own problems. Ten players missing through illness doesn't sound too good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Final squad confirmed

Team

FB: Jack Buckley, Sam Taylor, Isaac Cumming
HB: Lachie Ash, Harry Himmelberg, Lachie Whitfield
C: Josh Kelly, tom Green, Nick Haynes
HF: Callum Brown, Lachlan Keefe, Jake Riccardi
FF: Daniel Lloyd, Jesse Hogan, Toby Greene
RR: Kieren Briggs, Callan Ward, Stephen Coniglio

Interchange: Connor Idun, Harry Perryman, Toby McMullin, Josh Fahey

In: Toby McMullin (debut), Josh Fahey
Out: Toby Bedford, Brett Daniels (suspension)

Emergencies: Jacob Wehr, Conor Stone, Matt Flynn, Aaron Cadman

looking at the balance of the team, more likely to be playing on the wing.
Really? Isn't the team balance the same as when Snooze and Binga were in last week. Were either of them playing on the wing?

I could be wrong, but it kinda looks to me like they've gone the route of trying to replace the small forwards directly, rather than change the structure of the rest of the team.

Also I just noticed something... Port are literally going into this game without a ruck.

Their main ruckman in this team list is Jeremy Finlayson. I don't think they have a backup either?

Briggs is going to have a field day.

Also I just noticed something... Port are literally going into this game without a ruck.

Their main ruckman in this team list is Jeremy Finlayson. I don't think they have a backup either?

Briggs is going to have a field day.

Finlayson was one of the ten players who have been ill. Rumours have it the flu has gone through their club. Good chance for Briggsy to physically belt him around the park. Also we should take as much as advantage as possible by running them off the park, so they fatigue.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back