Autopsy 2023 Round 22 – Port Adelaide vs GWS Giants, Sunday August 13, 4.40pm AEST, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
We're on for gameday. As Land of the Giants said, irrespective of other wins and losses, if we win this game, we remain in the top 8. If we lose, we drop out. It's not season over if we do, just harder. The couple of injuries and suspensions will make it harder for us, but Port too have their missing players, and are on a losing streak - which they'll be keen to end. Who gets the chocolates? Well, we hope we do, but it won't be easy. Over to you Adam Kingsley, what can you conjure up this week?

Stand Tall Giants!

PORT v GWS.png

Last edited:
Massive game. Would be a heroic win over there...I don't love our chances but our form and intent has been good so it would only take port having an off day for us to get the W.
They are getting a lot of players back from illness. Our backs are probably going to be upset with last week and I hope they respond. An unseen forward like McMullin is always fun, hopefully he can get on the scoreboard

Not an easy game, but very winnable if we play well, kick reasonably accurately at least.
It would be better if we had Callaghan, Daniels, Bedford but I hope we can cover for them.
Good that the VFL team had a big win.

Always a case of beware the wounded tiger - Port's illness woes may galvanise the team on the park to player to a higher level! But with or without further changes, the team that AK had on a 7-win streak can do the job. Will they, though?

Even though we don’t have Callaghan, Daniels and Bedford, the rumoured flu outbreak at Port, hopefully will mitigate our absences. Although we have lost our last 3 games against Port, Port are playing us with a 3 game consecutive losing streak and are under plenty of pressure. The market does have us as $2.47 underdogs (Port are $1.52), but we have been playing well the last couple of months, and hopefully Kingsley’s coaching and Toby’s inspirational leadership, will see us come away with a crucial win today.

Will be really interesting how they tweak things to prevent the coast to coast goals the Swans managed last week. It’s not just on the smaller blokes. Hogan, Keeffe and Riccardi can all do their bit. They can take their chances when in scoring position too.

None of Port's emergencies played SANFL, and with the flu ripping through their squad (they seemingly don't use Collingwood's feel sick and stay home policy), there is a high chance they'll have more late scratchings.
I don't want to wish ill health on anyone, but them having a few out is not disappointing for me :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though we don’t have Callaghan, Daniels and Bedford, the rumoured flu outbreak at Port, hopefully will mitigate our absences. Although we have lost our last 3 games against Port, Port are playing us with a 3 game consecutive losing streak and are under plenty of pressure. The market does have us as $2.47 underdogs (Port are $1.52), but we have been playing well the last couple of months, and hopefully Kingsley’s coaching and Toby’s inspirational leadership, will see us come away with a crucial win today.
Ruckman Hayes late in for Port (Evans is the sub)

Apart from Taylor, our backs are awful.

Mids also getting beaten easily.

Briggs doing well despite the lack of support.

Dare I say, we peaked way too early.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back