Autopsy Round 18 2023 – Adelaide Crows vs GWS Giants, Saturday July 15, 7.40pm AEST, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

From the game report in the AFL website, no injuries were reported- so great news on that front. But will still be without Green for another couple of weeks
AK said in the press conference that Finn could have played, but they decided to be conservative with the hip flexor. That tends to indicate he should be OK for next week. AK also said "not sure about next week" for Tom Green - which indicates he thinks it may not be 3 weeks.

I guess we'll need to see what happens during the week.

Wow what a win, was genuinely shaking towards the end, what a club.

Reckon Angwin had an underrated game tonight, used it well and still made 7 tackles with his slight frame.
Agree with that.
He won a few important 50/50's as well

I wonder if AA selectors would still consider Sam Taylor for a berth despite the missed games due to injury. Probably the best defender there is.
He'll go close if we make the finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if AA selectors would still consider Sam Taylor for a berth despite the missed games due to injury. Probably the best defender there is.

He'll go close if we make the finals

unfortunately nah,

they reckon you can miss 4 at the most - a couple have missed 5 and still made it over the years but they’re your media obsessed favourite son can do no wrong types. Sam missed 7, it would be unprecedented.

I will say, that whoever does get his position in the AA this year, will have an asterisk next to his name and have to live with the knowledge that he wasn’t actually the best in his position the year he was selected.

Yep, Sam Taylor clearly the best one-on-one tall defender in the comp. He might not be AA due to injury, but you can't hide class. (Well, you can a bit, stick it in western Sydney! But I digress.)

I'll be accussed of dwelling on the past for this, but can't help but think that Jeremy Cameron would have looked really good in this now more balanced side. With respect to Hogan, a really potent tall forward is what this side is missing.

Incredible win. I had major worries about the midfield but they competed well. Guys like angwin are getting better and better. Add to that the class of cogs and Kelly and it is still potent

That backline is brilliant isn’t it? They just absorb pressure and now we actually have a method in the way we play, we can move the ball from the back half after absorbing that pressure! It’s refreshing to watch

Incredible win. I had major worries about the midfield but they competed well. Guys like angwin are getting better and better. Add to that the class of cogs and Kelly and it is still potent

That backline is brilliant isn’t it? They just absorb pressure and now we actually have a method in the way we play, we can move the ball from the back half after absorbing that pressure! It’s refreshing to watch
With regard to the back line ….

CROWS - 1 behind from 13 entries in Q4 - 0 marks inside 50 in Q4 - Tex, Fog, Thilthorpe had 3 touches, 0 marks between them in 2nd half - Dawson says team lacked composure, hardness in Q4

Wow what a win, was genuinely shaking towards the end, what a club.

Reckon Angwin had an underrated game tonight, used it well and still made 7 tackles with his slight frame.
He was up there for pressure acts too
Angwin's 2-way running capacity was on show. Our run and spread worried them all game.
He was popping up all over the ground.

The type of player Kingsley would love. Relentless pressure playing (was in our top few players for pressure acts + tackles) his role and we are more and more seeing what he can do offensively. Creativity was one of his positives at draft time.

We have struggled for a long time for genuine wingers and now we have Angwin, Wehr (cumming possibly 🤷‍♂️ ) along with the inside/outside types (Kelly/ Callaghan)

He was up there for pressure acts too

The type of player Kingsley would love. Relentless pressure playing (was in our top few players for pressure acts + tackles) his role and we are more and more seeing what he can do offensively. Creativity was one of his positives at draft time.

We have struggled for a long time for genuine wingers and now we have Angwin, Wehr (cumming possibly 🤷‍♂️ ) along with the inside/outside types (Kelly/ Callaghan)
Yep… playing the type of player in the right position is coaching 101… Thank God we are past playing guys like Hopper in the forward line at times 🤔

Lots of love for Taylor (and well warranted) but what a player Connor Idun has become. Does he ever lose a contest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back