Autopsy Jesse Hogan - Worth 220 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't care what he does with his money, the point is that having lots of money makes it easier to deal with anything.

I tend to agree, in the sense that if you offered anyone the choice between being rich in a bad situation or poor in the same situation 100% of people would choose the former.

Yes, I'm sure you're right. This is why there are no suicides amongst movies stars or musicians.

Whereas I think fame is a different kettle of fish. I imagine being famous and being recognised and scrutinised everywhere you go would make a lot of the aforementioned bad situations harder to deal with.

I don't care what he does with his money, the point is that having lots of money makes it easier to deal with anything.

I’m sorry, but that is a terribly naive thing to say.

I hope Jesse gets the help or treatment he and anyone in his situation deserves.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m really not sure how you draw that conclusion to be honest. I probably make similar money to Jesse Hogan, but can tell you that my family have been through a particularly difficult period recently and frankly all the money in the world doesn’t make it easier for any of us to cope.

I really think some folks need to be more empathetic to the human side of this story. It’s clear the Jesse is unwell, and a high salary isn’t going to change that. I honestly can’t imagine what it must be like to be suffering and have the media all over you speculating about all the details...

On a side note why don't you resign from your well paid job and move to another that pays less but has better conditions so your family doesn't go through difficult times?

You chose money over family

The biggest issue is that he's had the best treatment possible for the last two/three years and it's not working.

Freo would have hoped that Jesse moving back home and being with his family and friends would have helped. It hasn't.

I really hope the club is trying something different and being innovative with his issues. I would suggest he does some volunteering work on the other side of the world and completely escapes his mind/life for a few months. I have found volunteering work to be beneficial and it gives you a new found perspective and gets you outside of your head. Learning compassion and appreciating what you have does wonders for your own perspective.

Hopefully after some time away he can find the some clarity and his love for the game again, and that should be the goal right now. He may come to the conclusion that he would prefer to play footy with his mates and have a normal working life like Tom Boyd, and if that's the case then that's fine, I won't have any beef with Hogan as the blame solely rests on Freo's shoulders.

My other suggestion would be a bit more radical. Maybe we can use some sort of Hallucinogenic hypnotherapy and send Jesse back in time to visit his 10yr old self. I'm sure Jesse telling his 10yr old self that he's CHF for Fremantle would bring so much joy that it would give Jesse a major epiphany of what he has and what he's potentially giving up. If that doesn't work I don't think nothing will ;)

That all said, fingers crossed we get some news soon that's he's back at training and all this dribble will be forgotten about.

As a recruiting prospect Hogan brought with him many issues, some physical, some not, some just circumstance. What we have seen so far is not out of scope in the context of the explicitly known issues. Bit of off field stuff, a decent injury spell, a bit of mental health... probably neither more nor less than what was expected by all.

I'm playing the violin for ya mate.

Man up and get the fu** on with life. Your in a pretty good position playing football for a living and getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars, girls throwing themselves at you. Yer it's a horrible life to live.

Bad s**t happens everyday to millions of people around the world in far worse positions and guess what they do..
??

Get the fu** on with life!
That’s the problem. That’s mental health in a nut shell.
He has everything, money and all. He should be happy right? Wrong. Oh how so wrong.
People with mental health question themselves. Why am I like this when others are worst off. Meant to be educating others about the issue yet you just hit the nail on exactly why many still need to understand, why there needs to continue to be a dialogue on these issues.
Mental health doesn’t discrimainate nor does it care how much money, houses, fit, healthy you are. He probably beats himself up by asking that question. Comparing himself to others.

Funnily enough, the drugs people are bemoaning Jessie taking were often used (successfully) by psychiatrists to treat the very issues Jessie is dealing with. But we best not go there. 😁
Binging MDMA in developing years *s with your receptors for serotonin, that sort of treatment is more suited for PTSD

Mental health doesn’t discrimainate nor does it care how much money, houses, fit, healthy you are.

That is like saying lung cancer doesn't discriminate, it doesn't care how many cigarettes you smoke.
The evidence is at a population level poverty is a clear risk factor to develop mental health problems. Doesn't mean every individual person with a disorder is struggling to clothe their kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is like saying lung cancer doesn't discriminate, it doesn't care how many cigarettes you smoke.
The evidence is at a population level poverty is a clear risk factor to develop mental health problems. Doesn't mean every individual person with a disorder is struggling to clothe their kids.
Lung cancer vs Mental health..
Come on now. Really?
There’s evidence either side of the spectrum. Those in poverty more likely for mental health just as those wealthy that try to achieve happiness through that route. Burn out, expectations.

I think the point some people on this thread are missing is the fact that Jesse is taking the time out of the game to address the very issues being discussed in this thread. You all want him to fix his mental health - well he is trying. You all want him to stop the alcohol and drug intake- he's properly trying to do that too. Obviously all of this will take time (more than some on here may like) but at least he is taking the necessary steps to help himself now even if he didn't in the past. Sometimes it can take a long time to realise that your perception of how you are handling/coping with things in life is taking you away from what you want and into a negative/self-destructive place like where Jesse is/was.

I think people in this thread need to realise that he appears to be owning up to his issues and trying to do something about them. I understand people's concerns that he will revert back to the bad habits but relapses are a part of the recovery process and are not a reason to dismiss the efforts of the person trying to change. But a moment of reality that there is an oversight in their healing/recovery plan that they need to address. I thought I'd have my say and I hope people don't take it the wrong way or think I'm off the mark here.

On a side note why don't you resign from your well paid job and move to another that pays less but has better conditions so your family doesn't go through difficult times?

Bugger off mate. What a wanka of a thing to say. Say I earn $150000 as a lawyer but my wife gets a terminal illness. I should quit that job to cut the grass at my kids school in order to be there for them? Probably can’t afford my mortgage now so I’ll sell the house and get me kids out of the private school to support them.

immature andcruel of you. I for one have no time for this crap. Gtfo

Not to be insensitive, but he needs to sort his s**t out while we still have peak Fyfe kicking it to him. Could be a pretty great duo if we ever see Hogan at his best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not me at all. Love my job. Can’t stand keyboard warriors like you. Some bloke stated that regardless of the fact he earns good money it didn’t protect him from hardship. You made a stupid comment. Scum like

Where the * did he say anything about his family’s difficult times having anything to do with his job Or how much he works?

MOD EDIT: remove personal insult

Last edited by a moderator:
Mental health is not a quick fix. It takes time and help, but also a lot of self help. Get happy Jesse and stay away from things that might have the opposite effect. One step at a time.... You will get supremely fit again and start loving your footy and be the star that we all know you can be. Do the right things and you will get better I promise you, and live the happy life we all want to have. It’s a choice, and it’s mostly up to you. Take your time, and if it’s not for you, let it go...

Last edited:
Sorry for the intrusion but that rumour doesn't really make any sense. Mental health isn't like a broken bone or a pulled muscle. You can't say 'yep it'll have healed up and I'll be ready in two weeks' time'.

Jesse will be ready when he's ready. That could be tomorrow, it could be 2 weeks, it could be 12 months, or it could be never. You can't put timelines these things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back