JLT 1 - Tigers v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Milera is going to be a gun but he ain't going to win us a flag in the next 2 years.
Would you possibly have said similar about McLeod in 96 or even 97 preseasons?

The list of players I have for "Inject for flag potential" is

Fyfe. Wont happen.
Dustin Martin. I feel hus off field associations dont allow him to live in Adelaide. He will sign with Richmond soon.

Big gap
Rockliff. Could be gettable.
Dylan Shiel. Cant see it happening. Would not live in Adelaide
Petrucca. See Dylan Shiel.

The reality for us is that we wont be abke to bring in ine or two Blue Chip mids to make the next step.

And neither have our neighbours down the road. For all the talk of "Destination Club" not one of the guys they recruited were Blue Chip mids.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I think we should trade 2 1st rounders to get to pointy end of this draft and land a blue chip mid in top 5 or 6

Going to take some crafty trading and also is a risk reward scenario . A game that we usually don't play

3 ways it could happen
1. McGovern decides he wants to leave and we package a 1st round with our 1st round ( ps I don't want this to happen)
2. We trade a player and our 2nd rounder for a 1st rounder and bundle it with our 1st rounder
3. We do a Port and trade our 1st rounder of 2018 with our 2017 1st rounder

Of course we need to have a specific target and at this stage I'd be looking local 190cm Darcy Fogarty who would play in year 1 as a mid/forward or a Vic country kid such as Lochie OBrien who could be the next Josh Kelly

I think we should trade 2 1st rounders to get to pointy end of this draft and land a blue chip mid in top 5 or 6

Going to take some crafty trading and also is a risk reward scenario . A game that we usually don't play

3 ways it could happen
1. McGovern decides he wants to leave and we package a 1st round with our 1st round ( ps I don't want this to happen)
2. We trade a player and our 2nd rounder for a 1st rounder and bundle it with our 1st rounder

Of course we need to have a specific target and at this stage I'd be looking local 190cm Darcy Fogarty who would play in year 1 as a mid/forward or a Vic country kid such as Lochie OBrien who could be the next Josh Kelly

I don't think a blue chip 18yr-old midfielder is going to help us in the next 3-4 years. We should only give up 2 first round picks if we can trade in a ~25yr old blue-chip midfielder.

3 ways it could happen

I know McGovern is talented but I see a positive if he leaves in that he will net us a decent draft pick and plays a role we have depth in. Unless of course he does become that tall mid, which I see no sign of happening.

However as Elite Crow said in regards to Milera, drafting a kid now wont win us the flag in the next two years

I would like to use a McGovern pick to lure over a ready made 25-28 year old genuine Blue Chipper. The problem is wanting one to come here.

And no Bryce Gibbs is not that player IMO.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't think a blue chip 18yr-old midfielder is going to help us in the next 3-4 years. We should only give up 2 first round picks if we can trade in a ~25yr old blue-chip midfielder.
I reckon it does help us in next 3-4 years

The main objective or question is can it help us while Sloane , Tex and Talia are
playing good football still (Betts maybe not )

And the difference between a top 5 pick and a top 20 pick is big in this regard

Watch petracca go this year in his 3rd year , and that's with already doing an ACL

Just can't see us luring a gun experienced player in that age bracket unfortunately

I reckon it does help us in next 3-4 years

The main objective or question is can it help us while Sloane , Tex and Talia are
playing good football still (Betts maybe not )

And the difference between a top 5 pick and a top 20 pick is big in this regard

Watch petracca go this year in his 3rd year , and that's with already doing an ACL

Just can't see us luring a gun experienced player in that age bracket unfortunately

If we took Petrecca at the end of the year, it would be 2020 before he has the hypothetical year you expect him to have this year, at that point Sloane will be 30. Petracca has had the injuries but the guys around him in the draft like Brayshaw & de goey wouldn't make a massive impact to our midfield with what they have done so far.

If we took Petrecca at the end of the year, it would be 2020 before he has the hypothetical year you expect him to have this year, at that point Sloane will be 30. Petracca has had the injuries but the guys around him in the draft like Brayshaw & de goey wouldn't make a massive impact to our midfield with what they have done so far.
We won't be getting a mature star so what do you think we should do instead ?

That's my whole argument
But we need better than good
Milera will be a star , Lever as well
Galluci a likely solid role player

We need a top end midfield star , even if 18 or 19 to come through with these guys

A Petracca , Heeney, Mills, Hopper level kid
Hopper has hit a major speed bump with his heart problems. I had missed that news up until recently. Interesting to see how he progresses now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won't be getting a mature star so what do you think we should do instead ?

I wouldn't give up on getting the mature player, we couldn't get one last year, but that doesn't mean we won't this year or next and we shouldn't presume we won't get one next year and spend the pick. There's still lots of midfield talent at GWS that will shake loose and Gibbs is talking like Dangerfield when asked if he will be at Carlton next year.

I wouldn't give up on getting the mature player, we couldn't get one last year, but that doesn't mean we won't this year or next and we shouldn't presume we won't get one next year and spend the pick. There's still lots of midfield talent at GWS that will shake loose and Gibbs is talking like Dangerfield when asked if he will be at Carlton next year.
Gibbs still has years left to run on his contract. If Carlton don't want to release him, then there's not a damn thing we can do to get him into Crows colours.

Gibbs still has years left to run on his contract. If Carlton don't want to release him, then there's not a damn thing we can do to get him into Crows colours.

I think they look like the favourites for the wooden spoon from what I've seen this pre-season. Another wooden spoon and realising their GWS seconds are not as good as they think will make them re-evaluate their need for first round picks. I think our first will get us Gibbs this trade period.

And this helps us with the immediate problem of winning a flag in 2017-2019, while the likes of Sloane/Jenkins/Betts are at their peak, how precisely?
Helps us in 2018-2030. Do you really want to mortgage the future at this stage?

That's my whole argument
But we need better than good
Milera will be a star , Lever as well
Galluci a likely solid role player

We need a top end midfield star , even if 18 or 19 to come through with these guys

A Petracca , Heeney, Mills, Hopper level kid
Should get an academy then by the sounds.

Or else keep drafting Levers, sloanes, crouches, mcgoverns, wiggs, mileras, doedees etc.

Should get an academy then by the sounds.

Or else keep drafting Levers, sloanes, crouches, mcgoverns, wiggs, mileras, doedees etc.
My whole point is there is an SA country kid Fogarty who's 190cm and a brute and a gun and we should do everything we can to grab him and have him for the next 12-15 years

Let's stop feeling sorry for ourselves and take some risks and get some things done

I think they look like the favourites for the wooden spoon from what I've seen this pre-season. Another wooden spoon and realising their GWS seconds are not as good as they think will make them re-evaluate their need for first round picks. I think our first will get us Gibbs this trade period.
They missed their chance to get a 1st off us for Gibbs

He won't be worth a 1st end of this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back