Game Day JLT 2 Saints v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive got to admit I am a bit peeved at the couches about this! Something that is very rare for me!

Disclaimer: Im not in the inner circle, so I don't know what is going on, and I understand that somebody had to miss out last week.

This "Acres is out because of his disposal" thing is just a load of Horse&^%$!

If that was the case, Wright and Gilbert would be missing from our team every week, and Geary would only have started getting a game last year.

I think this is the "we have two new shiney big bodied mids now and you have competition" line, but while I like Koby and think the world of Steele, nothing they have done makes me think they have the upside of Acres. Koby Stevens is not going to win us a premiership, Acres just may! And neither of them has made themselves must picks, were as Acres did last season.

They set such high standards for this lad, but yet are will let others skate into the team on reputation.

Ill be pissed if Wright, Stevens or Gilbert gets a gig and Acres doesnt (I'm not saying there competing for the same position here), because there not applying the same standards!

This is why the media asked about Acres specifically in the post game interview, its a bit of a shock that the club is taking this line considering who is in our side and how he went at the end of last year!

to be fair acres has butchered it worse than ive seen from anyone else in the side and he seems to do it every handful of games. its absolutely bizarre and i cant work out why he does it, because he's actually a good kick of the football

which makes me think maybe he perceives pressure to be there that isnt, more than other players. which isnt going to help him become an inside mid

to be fair acres has butchered it worse than ive seen from anyone else in the side and he seems to do it every handful of games. its absolutely bizarre and i cant work out why he does it, because he's actually a good kick of the football

which makes me think maybe he perceives pressure to be there that isnt, more than other players. which isnt going to help him become an inside mid
Wright, Gilbert even gearey at times but has improved

Wright, Gilbert even gearey at times but has improved

all three have one thing in common. they'd throw them selves in front of a moving truck for the team

acres is like longer IMO he's picking and choosing when he plays physical and when he goes

Sorry to any vertically challenged peeps on here but i find it a little hard to take Brendan Bolton seriously. He seems too tiny to be an AFL coach.
View attachment 339906 View attachment 339908
All he needs is a school bag and a cap with a propeller on it to complete the picture.

But maybe ive just been put off small coaches since Mr Juggernaut.

same height as the reigning premiership coach and marginally shorter than the one who won the 3 before that.

same height as the reigning premiership coach and marginally shorter than the one who won the 3 before that.
Hmmm must be his build.
I look at Clarko and see a shortarse. I look at Bolton and see a little kid.
Time will tell if he can coach i guess.
Tuff gig being in charge of a rebuild at the Blues.

all three have one thing in common. they'd throw them selves in front of a moving truck for the team

acres is like longer IMO he's picking and choosing when he plays physical and when he goes
There should be a ban on repeating any verbal dribble originating from Dimwit Dermotts mouth.

There should be a ban on repeating any verbal dribble originating from Dimwit Dermotts mouth.
Yeah i didnt think Billy ever had a problem with "picking and choosing his aggression " as Dermie stated.
I just think Billy was never fit enough and didnt take enough contested marks for a big bloke.
So far this year he looks a shitload fitter and is taking marks.

Yeah i didnt think Billy ever had a problem with "picking and choosing his aggression " as Dermie stated.
I just think Billy was never fit enough and didnt take enough contested marks for a big bloke.
So far this year he looks a shitload fitter and is taking marks.

I disagree. Longer at times frustrated the absolute s**t out of me because he doesn't use his size like he should be, both in a marking contest but also around the stoppage. I think he's worked on it and it's no longer as much of an issue than it once was but you surely you can agree that was an issue for him when he first came to our club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree. Longer at times frustrated the absolute s**t out of me because he doesn't use his size like he should be, both in a marking contest but also around the stoppage. I think he's worked on it and it's no longer as much of an issue than it once was but you surely you can agree that was an issue for him when he first came to our club
i still kind of disagree , but i understand your frustration mate.
i dont think it had anything to do with Billy not being aggressive enough . I thought he was just no where near fit enough when he came to our club.
The yr Hickey was injured and Billy took the No1 ruck spot i thought he busted a gut for us and threw his weight around a bit. Showed real character.
BUT!! he was still nowhere near fit enough and struggled to make as many marking contest or run to fill a hole in defence as he should cos he was knackered at the 10min mark of each Qtr.
So the next yr when Hickey was fit again he over took him.
Im really surprised at how fit Longer looks this yr. I think the penny mightve dropped after looking a bit pudgy and lazy last season and spending a yr at Sandy.
The battle for number 1 between Longer and Hickey this yr is gonna be great for our club.

There are three reasons this game matters:

1. It's Carlton.
2. Melbourne best them, so it offers some form of comparison.
3. It's Carlton. Let 'em rot.

So who goes in and who goes out?
Outs: Roo, Shinner, Armo maybe Sav
Ins: Jweb, Sincs maybe Coghlan for shinner

Will Battle get a run?
Yeah maybe we might rest Members or Brucey next game and give Battle a run.?
Think your suggestion of Coghlan for Dempster might be an option as well. Id be surprised id Demps plays all 3 pre season games.

PLease comment would love to hear your thoughts

He was at the ground walking the aisles on Thursday, he looked like he was embarrassed to be omitted. What ever it was he looked like he was pretty contrite about it. He played a shithouse intra club which wouldn't have helped.

Are they? Like who?

You would think Lonie is one of them. I got a lot of hope from his game despite getting run down a couple of times. He did one piece of play early in the game that was Milney like where he evaded a couple of tacklers and changed direction to wrong foot them. I'm still pretty excited about what he could become.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back