Joe Daniher and Darcy Parish vs Jesse Hogan and Clayton Oliver

Daniher and Parish or Hogan and Oliver

• Daniher and Parish

Votes: 88 33.0%
  • Hogan and Oliver

Votes: 179 67.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I must be missing something with Parish. Gets a bit of it but has hurt factor foot is low IMO. Kicks high up and under passes often to 1v2 contests and handballs to teammates under pressure. At his size he needs to have weapons be it defensively or offensively, and I don't see a lot.

Oliver's contested ball winning ability, clearance work and tackling is already first class, would like to see him kick it more often though. He is significantly better than Parish now IMO and looks like he will continue to be moving forward.

Stand by what I wrote last year. Parish is one of the most vanilla footballers in the comp. Shame for Ess given how high he was in the draft. Don't see him getting a whlle lot better than he is currently, just doesn't have any weapons at all.

Oliver is a gun.

Close the thread. Unlike Jade I'd rather not post about how well Hogan is playing whilst Daniher is helpless to improve his own record.

You can post about it to your hearts content - doesn’t stress me in the slightest.

Hogan needs to kick less goals and take less marks to be close to Daniher.

Actually Hogan needs to get somewhere near the accolades of Daniher.

He’s nowhere near it.

Actually Hogan needs to get somewhere near the accolades of Daniher.

He’s nowhere near it.
125 goals in 59 games vs 181 goals in 100 games. Wonder how long you'll be able to hang on to this for.

125 goals in 59 games vs 181 goals in 100 games. Wonder how long you'll be able to hang on to this for.

Maybe two months, maybe the length of their careers.

I’m consistently amused at people such as yourself pointing to what effectively amounts to a goal average - despite consistent injury preventing Hogan from playing more often than not (including his draft age year).

It’s a poor comparison, Daniher clearly the better of the two - and it’s not close.

I’m consistently amused at people such as yourself pointing to what effectively amounts to a goal average - despite consistent injury preventing Hogan from playing more often than not (including his draft age year).

It’s a poor comparison, Daniher clearly the better of the two - and it’s not close.
Correct. And Kent Kingsley is better than both. I've been very impressed by Tim Taranto this season, but Cale Morton easily has him covered.

Will you still feel that way after Hogan is picked in the AA team this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol

Will you still feel that way after Hogan is picked in the AA team this year?

Actually I’ll do what I’ve always said I’d do - reassess as new information is available.

If Hogan kicks 60+, makes the AA team and places in Melbourne’s B&F, I’ll put him on par with Daniher.

Actually I’ll do what I’ve always said I’d do - reassess as new information is available.

If Hogan kicks 60+, makes the AA team and places in Melbourne’s B&F, I’ll put him on par with Daniher.
Cool. I’m running a longitudinal study into the logic of Essendon supporters so I just needed to know

This season has been particularly good for data collection. Especially the section on cognitive dissonance

I'd strongly suggest you look up the meaning of the words you just used.

Because only those supporting the idea that Hogan has exceeded Daniher (an utterly laughable claim) are demonstrating the phenomena.

I on the other hand, have maintained a very steady view; that Daniher is clearly superior (which of course he is), and that I would be happy to reassess that view should Hogan actually produce a level of football to change that view.

He of course has not.

Hogan remains in the very top echelon of overrated players in the game - almost exclusively by Melbourne fans. Which is not to say he's a poor player, far from it. He's just an AFL standard key forward, no better than players of the Jack Darling, Justin Westhoff standard - demonstrably so.

It's a poor comparison, quite simply because the two aren't peers in a sense - Daniher is an actual elite player - Hogan is some guy consistently injured that has never achieved anything.

I'd strongly suggest you look up the meaning of the words you just used.

Because only those supporting the idea that Hogan has exceeded Daniher (an utterly laughable claim) are demonstrating the phenomena.

I on the other hand, have maintained a very steady view; that Daniher is clearly superior (which of course he is), and that I would be happy to reassess that view should Hogan actually produce a level of football to change that view.

He of course has not.

Hogan remains in the very top echelon of overrated players in the game - almost exclusively by Melbourne fans. Which is not to say he's a poor player, far from it. He's just an AFL standard key forward, no better than players of the Jack Darling, Justin Westhoff standard - demonstrably so.

It's a poor comparison, quite simply because the two aren't peers in a sense - Daniher is an actual elite player - Hogan is some guy consistently injured that has never achieved anything.
yep over rated CHF's or players average 20+ possessions and 2 & 1/2 goals a game. If Daniher did that you would be having the biggest wankfest over him.

Fwiw Hogan has never had a period of ineptness like Daniher this year.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

yep over rated CHF's or players average 20+ possessions and 2 & 1/2 goals a game. If Daniher did that you would be having the biggest wankfest over him.

Fwiw Hogan has never had a period of ineptness like Daniher this year.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Of course he has.

No goals in his first year, for a start.

Then there’s his breathtaking 3 goals in 6 games to end 2016.

More than a few of you struggle with your rage posts - you post laughably inaccurate things that can easily be refuted; as if your saying them could make them true.

Of course he has.

No goals in his first year, for a start.

******* lol.

So because he was injured and not playing that equal bad form?

Fact of the matter is he is averaging 20+ possessions and 2.5 goals a game. You would be having a wankfest over Daniher if he ever managed that, yet you are somehow trying to make out that Hogan is over rated.

Daniher was about to be dropped to the VFL for piss poor form before he got injured and your other boy Parish is now running around in the VFL.

This thread is actually embarrassing comparing Hogan and Oliver to the other two plebs

Back