Coach John Longmire - Part II

What should we do about the coaching situation?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to look at it this way. As with ROK when he was doing his stuff in the ressies in his final year, it will mean that there are younger players doing better than he is, that he is being kept out of the seniors but should his output be far greater than those supposedly knocking down the door, then I see no reason why Kizza shouldn't be playing seniors ahead of some who may have all the potential in the world but aren't displaying it week in week out when fully fit.
Kieren Jack, who has given his all for our club, even under duress, should always be given that opportunity ahead of someone that is still to prove themselves with the out put. Again this is just my way of thinking.
He had his share of gifted games last year. Disagree with your position Ted. Kids carried the load for seniors like KJ, Hanners and Rohan last year. No more special privileges.

It may or may not be relevant that when the players on fox footy were asked their coaches key words at training Keiran Jack just said "Spread !!!"

I'd be very surprised if the coaching staff game plan has changed from spread to stay still at the stoppage.

The difference is that you spread when you have the ball and if you cheat by leaving before the team has won it people see that.

As far as I'm concerned it is the winning of the ball that has been our problem, with or without Mitchell actually.

It is bordering on lunacy if anyone believes that would be the message.

He had his share of gifted games last year. Disagree with your position Ted. Kids carried the load for seniors like KJ, Hanners and Rohan last year. No more special privileges.

At some points in 2018 we were playing Rohan, Hannebery, Jack and Kennedy who were all woefully out of form and the slack needed to be picked up by the younger players which was not too fair on them.

It may or may not be relevant that when the players on fox footy were asked their coaches key words at training Keiran Jack just said "Spread !!!"

I'd be very surprised if the coaching staff game plan has changed from spread to stay still at the stoppage.

The difference is that you spread when you have the ball and if you cheat by leaving before the team has won it people see that.

As far as I'm concerned it is the winning of the ball that has been our problem, with or without Mitchell actually.

Yet they don't spread. They seem to do everything possible to create a stoppage, like we used to. Only now we don't have a dominant inside midfield that can get on top via stoppages. Since I don't think we have any lazy or unfit players, I can only assume we play like that by design. Is that not a fair assumption?

Yet they don't spread. They seem to do everything possible to create a stoppage, like we used to. Only now we don't have a dominant inside midfield that can get on top via stoppages. Since I don't think we have any lazy or unfit players, I can only assume we play like that by design. Is that not a fair assumption?

Thanks. This statement has just done me a huge favour. Reminds me why I stopped posting here in the first place and my complete idiocy for resuming. Lesson Learned. Now all I have to do is stop reading & Rehab won't be required. Cheers.

Thanks. This statement has just done me a huge favour. Reminds me why I stopped posting here in the first place and my complete idiocy for resuming. Lesson Learned. Now all I have to do is stop reading & Rehab won't be required. Cheers.

Glad I could help

Please don't go away WW , I need help in the thrust and parry in the nuthouse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmnn. Have been giving thought to who might succeed Horse. Personally I am worried he is looking at Sheedy like occupation.

When he does go, there will need to be a significant recasting of the coaching team.

This starts with the Director of Football. I will be shot down, bang bang, but I'd move mountains to get Lyon back to Sydney, IMHO, he is the smartest bloke in footy.

I'd have Caracalla or Dew as coach. I would keep Cox but none of the other assistants.

Theoretically Stevie J should be a coach BUT he was an instinctive player and I think the best coaches and assistants tend to wear blue collars.

I'd want McVeigh as an assistant, provided he has stints at one or more other clubs.

Maybe Horse envisages a Sheedy head length tenure. I doubt it. I expect he will move on by end 2020.

Thoughts?

Hmmnn. Have been giving thought to who might succeed Horse. Personally I am worried he is looking at Sheedy like occupation.

When he does go, there will need to be a significant recasting of the coaching team.

This starts with the Director of Football. I will be shot down, bang bang, but I'd move mountains to get Lyon back to Sydney, IMHO, he is the smartest bloke in footy.

I'd have Caracalla or Dew as coach. I would keep Cox but none of the other assistants.

Theoretically Stevie J should be a coach BUT he was an instinctive player and I think the best coaches and assistants tend to wear blue collars.

I'd want McVeigh as an assistant, provided he has stints at one or more other clubs.

Maybe Horse envisages a Sheedy head length tenure. I doubt it. I expect he will move on by end 2020.

Thoughts?

Whoever the Head of Football is will have a big say in who our next coach will be as they're the link to the board from the football department and we wouldn't be looking to replace Charlie Gardiner anytime soon as he has just started in the role.

Expect our next coach to someone already at the club or someone with close ties to the club or Charlie Gardiner that are at other clubs. To expect any different is to expect the board to change how they operate.

Very interesting would the club leave John uncontracted heading into his last season?

It would all depend on this season and how the team performs one would think. They perform well, likelihood would be he will get a minor contract extension in length, a major dip and pressure is on and goes into 2020 uncontracted with it all to do.

Thoughts?

Getting my sawn-off ready as we speak for that comment.

I love that we are all so willing to bring back Dew based on absolutely nothing... pretty hysterical really.

He's won 4 games out of 18 so far. At the end of 2020 it might be a completely different story, but right now there is nothing to suggest that he is or could be a better coach than Horse.

I love that we are all so willing to bring back Dew based on absolutely nothing... pretty hysterical really.

He's won 4 games out of 18 so far. At the end of 2020 it might be a completely different story, but right now there is nothing to suggest that he is or could be a better coach than Horse.

Yep exactly if we are going to replace Longmire i want a upgrade over him (pretty hard to find if we are basing on w/l record!)

Horse had zero record in those terms before he succeeded Roos.

Dew has gone to a pillaged team. It is just silly to point out his win loss record there as some sort of critique. Caesar criticised the notion of Lyon as director of footy. Still maintain he would be a great Director. Charlie Gardiner haS little to offer that I can see. Just another corporate Harley croney. Will not offer much to Horse.

Agree. It's one thing to want change in the form of a different coach. That's passing judgements on a coach you know. It's an entirely different thing to then be wanting specific other coaches. That's passing judgements on a coach you don't know. One is an experienced opinion, the other is a speculative one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back