Coach John Longmire - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks guys. It's good when we all play nice. I posted the link because it may be media fluff but it's just another piece the media will use to drive their longmire to north agenda

Longmire has actually shocked me. I didn't think the guy capable of change. But over the last few weeks he has slowly changed his game style and his attitude to the game. This is evident in his not going ultra defensive and throwing everybody back when the opposition gets momentum especially in the Eagles match. The measures approach to the forward line, hitting up targets opposed to the long bomb, seems to be working. Not only that the players skills have improved incredibly. Obviously more skills work and hard competitive work at training.

I am impressed he has been able to change. I was one who thought this would never happen as he was not showing any evidence of the will to change. But he seems to have had a rethink and a good thing too. Constantly bombing the ball, poor mid set ups and using too few through the mids hurt us badly.

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Longmire has actually shocked me. I didn't think the guy capable of change. But over the last few weeks he has slowly changed his game style and his attitude to the game. This is evident in his not going ultra defensive and throwing everybody back when the opposition gets momentum especially in the Eagles match. The measures approach to the forward line, hitting up targets opposed to the long bomb, seems to be working. Not only that the players skills have improved incredibly. Obviously more skills work and hard competitive work at training.

I am impressed he has been able to change. I was one who thought this would never happen as he was not showing any evidence of the will to change. But he seems to have had a rethink and a good thing too. Constantly bombing the ball, poor mid set ups and using too few through the mids hurt us badly.

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app
Or maybe the players are just waking up and smelling the roses with experience. Even at our worst this year Longmire made it clear what we were doing wrong and what he wanted, and they were the exact things we have been gradually doing right. Execution was spot on last week, which means the opposition has less of it in their forward half. We didn't all of a sudden change to an attacking game plan, we just didn't need to defend because we were winning the contested ball and not turning it over.

Have to be careful with expectations at this point. The worst part about believing our game plan has changed rather than execution, is the fact that from now on those supporters think the grass is green and we won't have any more bad performances. Then watch them revert back to the old Horse bashing after a few more losses.

Stevo seems to think he is gone
Who?

Imo he's done nothing to stop the rumors. He needs to come out and say he is fully committed to Sydney and he'll be here next year and beyond.

I think he is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back