Josh Battle [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Played arguably his best game of footy last night for the Saints (least that i have seen) and is out of contract at the end of the season.

Hawthorn and Essendon (among others) should have a massive crack.although I expect he will stay at the Saints, but will get a pretty big pay increase if he can keep playing like he did last night.

Played arguably his best game of footy last night for the Saints (least that i have seen) and is out of contract at the end of the season.

Hawthorn and Essendon (among others) should have a massive crack.although I expect he will stay at the Saints, but will get a pretty big pay increase if he can keep playing like he did last night.
I believe we spoke to his management last year. Not sure if the interest continues with a new coach in the footy dept.

He looked like he wasn’t over the moon playing in ruck against GWS, feel like Saints didn’t meet his expectations last year and he’s be wanting to get some $$$ reward for showcasing some of his best footy.

He was marking everything in the Freo game and he’s an under rated kick. Has grown in confidence and wouldn’t be surprised if he left given the aforementioned. He might get an extra $100 per year somewhere else but that rarely leads to better footy/more success.

• Banned
He looked like he wasn’t over the moon playing in ruck against GWS, feel like Saints didn’t meet his expectations last year and he’s be wanting to get some $$$ reward for showcasing some of his best footy.

He was marking everything in the Freo game and he’s an under rated kick. Has grown in confidence and wouldn’t be surprised if he left given the aforementioned. He might get an extra $100 per year somewhere else but that rarely leads to better footy/more success.

Essendon should have a massive crack if he is gettable.
Their ruck stocks are one of the worst in the league.

He said in the post match interview he doesn’t like the ruck. I’m sure it won’t be a regular thing though and just a needs thing due to Hayes going down and Marshall struggling.

Essendon should have a massive crack if he is gettable.
Their ruck stocks are one of the worst in the league.

Battle is 193cm.

He’s not playing ruck anywhere unless absolutely necessary.

Don't think he would want out unless saints mess him about again with positions and now settled in defense. he wasn't happy being forward/back/wing week after week.

If we started moving the magnets around when players come back from injury I can see another team swooping

Don't think he would want out unless saints mess him about again with positions and now settled in defense. he wasn't happy being forward/back/wing week after week.

If we started moving the magnets around when players come back from injury I can see another team swooping
moving positions around shouldn't really be an issue since we haven't got any key backs to come back in. Oscar Adams is also way off being ready for afl

Who were the key backs last year for you
Aside from Dougal Howard no one really locked down the other spot. We still had Carlisle on the list whos back problems forced him to retire, we picked up James Frawley for depth who missed most of the season with hamstring and couldn't really recover. The rest was rotation of developing players in Highmore, Joyce and Clavarino.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well and truly. Very good defender. I’m surprised he’s not discussed in the same way Logue is.

He is about to be taken off the market, unlike Logue, which is the difference I suppose. I rate Battle a bit higher than Logue tbh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back