Player Watch Josh Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get some of the criticism of Daics' year so far. I think going into the midfield this year, and learning to play that role, he has been very good again this season. Our most skilled player, along with Pendles, closely followed by DeGoey and Sidebottom....
I agree. It's a learning year for him, moving from wing to being Sidey understudy mid. He is not getting it enough but nor should we expect it. Learning takes time.

josh sometimes reminds of his dad like the snaps and some times how he runs. I reckon it will be hard to be like peter. I hope the kid builds his own legacy
He looks fitter than his Dad, has the freakish talent, maybe not as much but he looks to be applying himself and that’s all you can ask. It’s uncanny how Daicos and Moore move like their Dads Peter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just want to bump this thread amongst all the hype over his brother. Josh has been excellent thus far in my opinion.

24 disposals and nearly a goal a game on the wing is pretty excellent stuff. And they're much better disposals than we have been used to from the Tom Phillips types of a few years ago. Getting a full preseason, playing under McRae and alongside his brother have all seemed to give him the best chance at becoming what he's teased for a few years. Playing like a truly elite wingman now.

Absolutely love watching Josh, and is one of my favourite players.

I am a nitpicker though and was very frustrated by him against the eagles a few times where he just made silly choices when he had the footy 50 out. He needs to be smarter with his decision making and timing when he’s got the footy 50 metres out.

Felt like a bit of ‘dear in headlights’ which I’m not used to (or like) seeing from a Daicos. I think one was a mark, and another was a free. He should’ve put both 15-20 out in the hotspot or picked a forward out, but both were just silly entries and neither contributed toward a Collingwood goal.

Outside that, he is in contention for AA squad talks if he can maintain this current form throughout 2022!

I disagree he has been overlooked. Most pundits are acknowledging his good season.

Personally I don’t think no his improvement has got anything to do with his brother joining the club or the new coach, although mcrares game plan definitely assists wingers.

The reason Josh has improved mostly is just natural progression. He showed a lot of signs last year.

I disagree he has been overlooked. Most pundits are acknowledging his good season.

Personally I don’t think no his improvement has got anything to do with his brother joining the club or the new coach, although mcrares game plan definitely assists wingers.

The reason Josh has improved mostly is just natural progression. He showed a lot of signs last year.
Given his thread hadn't been posted in since August last year, I think he has been overlooked.

I’d argue he actually regressed a bit last year, mostly from an interrupted preseason and being played as an on baller rather than on a wing.
There’s no questioning that he’s reaching new heights this year, at least so far. Whether that can be attributed to any number of factors is up for debate, but I wouldn’t dismiss a bit of sibling rivalry pushing him along a bit.

I’d argue he actually regressed a bit last year, mostly from an interrupted preseason and being played as an on baller rather than on a wing.
There’s no questioning that he’s reaching new heights this year, at least so far. Whether that can be attributed to any number of factors is up for debate, but I wouldn’t dismiss a bit of sibling rivalry pushing him along a bit.

Fair point it was 2020 where he’d made significant advances and slightly off that level last year. Progress has steadily been made over his career as he matures. It’s not always linear. I believe he’s simply continue his progress and getting close to potential

Remove this Banner Ad

Back