Player Watch Josh Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

The
That and you have a very clever avatar name.

After the first draw I got to sleep on Victoria Park queuing for replay tickets. After the second draw I had to fly back to my job overseas and gave my replay ticket away. I have an abysmal grand final record 6 games attended for 2 draws and 4 losses. I stayed away last year in case I brought bad luck. Now I can say it's not me.

They were painstaking games for players and supporters alike.
When one team had the wind, (which was often the case) look out!!

We played Melbourne on the full MCG and kicked 7 goals. I kicked 3 from centre half forward. Helps if you have the state high jump champion for your ruck and the ball never goes the other way:)

Sier for 2019 will be a good watch.
I’m not in the camp of worrying about his second senior year.

I expect him to become a vital cog in our midfield machine.
Sier just brings something different, he extracts the ball and uses it very well.
On say limited game time of about 3/4 of a game he’s racking up 20 possessions of good quality.
He looks so strong and tackles well, keeps his feet and is resistant to tackles on him.
A beast.

Ofcourse he will have to work very hard and put in and earn it. Of this I’m sure he will.
Agreed.
Reckon he's a ripper.
Would be stupid to halt his development.

Yep.....I think we both picked Sier to break through last year and we've both picked Murph to go well in 2019.
My other prediction, with which I am sure you won't agree, is that Sier will struggle in 2019. Hope I'm wrong on this. From all accounts he's a terrific young man.

I struck up a conversation with a lady at training last week, or rather she with me. She wasn't a Collingwood supporter she said, but was there to get an autograph for her daughter. Sier was running nearby and I suggested he had finally got it together. I then said that he's got everything a player needs except perhaps football judgement. This is just a feeling I have about Brayden and I do hope that I am totally wrong. It was then she told me that Sier was a relative. Oh dear! I did some hurried backtracking, telling her I'd watched him closely for a few years and was delighted with his finish to 2018.
She said he is a carbon copy of his dad in that he is very laid back and unflappable. She told me his dad played for Melbourne Under 19s and that he comes from a close-knit (he lives at home) family who really contribute to their local community.

Memo to Neil: be careful what you say to strangers at training!
Mate you missed a perfect opportunity to ask when he's signing on the dotted line!

It’s always difficult to dominate VFL for a player of his size.
Would look better with better players around him.
Probably too small to be a full time mid but he has some tools to work with.

I feel like he lacks a clear position. Is it worth turning him into a small defender who can utilise his kicking skills on the rebound? Cause I don't see room for him in our midfield or forward line

It’s always difficult to dominate VFL for a player of his size.
Would look better with better players around him.
Probably too small to be a full time mid but he has some tools to work with.

Needs physical development. He's not really physically suited to any AFL role yet.
His pace seems middling, thus as a small forward, he can't rely on a really high level of defensive pressure. You've got to be very very good to cut it as a small forward without much pace.
His endurance doesn't seem to be a great strength which he'll need it to be to cut it as an outside mid.
His strength appears too low to cut it as a small defender.

He's got a touch of class and I think he could become a good outside mid or small defender if he can raise his strength or endurance.

Can't see him being offered an extension at this stage, still has time but he'd wanna get cracking soon, sometimes a poor performance can be the making of a player, we'll know if he's got something next week.

Did Tyler Brown play?

Can't see him being offered an extension at this stage, still has time but he'd wanna get cracking soon, sometimes a poor performance can be the making of a player, we'll know if he's got something next week.

Did Tyler Brown play?

He has a contract for 2020 which will save him, but he really needs to pull his finger out because his career is going nowhere fast.

Maybe he has a similar problem to Sier because he looks slow unfit and not really strong... Is he putting in the effort in the gym?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has a contract for 2020 which will save him, but he really needs to pull his finger out because his career is going nowhere fast.

Maybe he has a similar problem to Sier because he looks slow unfit and not really strong... Is he putting in the effort in the gym?
He was pegged as this years big improver based on preseason. Looked fitter, faster and better on the track according to regular watchers.

Did Tyler Brown play?
Brown is still rehabbing his dislocated shoulder. Won’t be back in for a while.

Massive disappointment yesterday. From what I could see, he was playing as the 1st level receiver -- and really he needed to play more inside and get his own ball. But 6 disposals also says he didn't work hard enough. After his preseason, it's a worry. Maybe that missed goal last week took it out of him psychologically. But he has time. Fingers crossed.

Massive disappointment yesterday. From what I could see, he was playing as the 1st level receiver -- and really he needed to play more inside and get his own ball. But 6 disposals also says he didn't work hard enough. After his preseason, it's a worry. Maybe that missed goal last week took it out of him psychologically. But he has time. Fingers crossed.

I thought exactly the same thing in regards to the missed goal.

6 possessions for an onballer type is very disappointing. It’s his third year now and not his first.

I question whether he wants it enough.
Needs to work his butt off to become strong enough to play as a small defender or an elite enough runner to play outside mid. Otherwise he will end up like Broomhead - AFL level of class, but physically NQR for any AFL role.

Needs to work his butt off to become strong enough to play as a small defender or an elite enough runner to play outside mid. Otherwise he will end up like Broomhead - AFL level of class, but physically NQR for any AFL role.

Yeah, noticed Broomhead was no good overhead yesterday -- solely relies on crumbing and one-touch skill.

geez its disappointing to hear he played midfield and only had 6 touches, given he's contracted for next year my early guess is they will delist with a promise to rookie if no one takes him. He's lucky he is contracted through 2020 so he has time to develop more, needs to really start delivering... thought at AFL level he has been ok.

WTF did we extend his contract for? Some of the contract decisions this club makes beggar belief.

geez its disappointing to hear he played midfield and only had 6 touches, given he's contracted for next year my early guess is they will delist with a promise to rookie if no one takes him. He's lucky he is contracted through 2020 so he has time to develop more, needs to really start delivering... thought at AFL level he has been ok.

Now I also thought Daicos was poor yesterday, but talking of delisting him is a massive knee-jerk reaction. . His 3 previous VFL performances were 22, 21, and 17.

He had a shocker yesterday. It happens. But, Its not as if he gets 6 touches every time he plays...

Now I also thought Daicos was poor yesterday, but talking of delisting him is a massive knee-jerk reaction. . His 3 previous VFL performances were 22, 21, and 17.

He had a shocker yesterday. It happens. But, Its not as if he gets 6 touches every time he plays...
talking about a third year late draft pick that had 6 disposals in the VFL as a possible delist and re-rookie option isnt really a knee jerk reaction, also those other numbers arent exactly anything to write home about

Remove this Banner Ad

Back