Josh Frydenberg. Out of his depth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Christopher Buttersnip

Beware of the Drop Bears
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
So, so sad to see part of the Fraudo gift to big business backfiring. Suck it up, Gerry.

Saddened to see the slump in Harvey Norman sales. I'm sure it has nothing to do with people deciding to shop elsewhere in response to the Great JobKeeper Grift of 2020-21. #auspol

Jo Dyer @instanterudite

Christopher Buttersnip

Beware of the Drop Bears
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Or to put it in a word - BULLY.

Why are incompetent treasurer and Victorian basher and his corrupt mates s**t scared of a proper ICAC? Why indeed?

iKzkXwH.jpg

J59Z4cs.jpg

Jul 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Heat, Victory, Man Utd, Redskins
Grace, stand for a seat at the forthcoming election. Politics is so drastically in need of peeps like you. Please!

At least Grace has a reason to have some victim mentality unlike the rest of the lefty vermin on twitter.

That said she is talking utter nonsense.

Christopher Buttersnip

Beware of the Drop Bears
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Syphoned taxpayers millions into the pockets of businesses that didn't need it without any clawback. Overseen our biggest debt. Now appears to be a thoroughly untrustworthy political campaigner.

Reportedly, Frydenberg called Archer into his office on the pretence of concern and a one-on-one dialogue. Once she arrived, he told her: “I am going to take you to the PM’s office,” before ushering her away.

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Why are people surprised when LNP politicians are out of their depth in Federal Parliament? In Victoria, to become an LNP candidate, you need to be from a rich background, went to private school and University and have rich backers in the branch (i.e. daddy's friends are also rich).

Now, ordinarily, if you had this background, you'd just go into Daddy, or Daddy's rich friends' business earning more, little chance of scrutiny and don't have to move to Canberra. If you're too hopeless or incompetent for that, they nominate you to run for parliament. If you're the worst of the lot, that means state Parliament.

So it's no wonder LNP candidates are battlers, they're the least talented of their very privileged cohort of friends and relatives who have never worked a hard day in their lives and had everything handed to them. Their whole life is entitlement. And if they get elected, their rich backers tell them exactly what to do.

Frydenberg is the #1 example of this. In any other life with his level of talent and charisma, he'd be a bad middle/lower manager at an insurance company or call centre. But he's from old-money and has strong financial backing through family connections. So he's Treasurer of the country, sending the place broke.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Can anyone explain to me why the car park rorts was suposed to be a vote winner? seems to me the targetted rail staions have no physical room for more car parks so the answer would be to consume public space or become multi story, in suburbs where nimbys dont even like dwellings over 2 stories high?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd've thought they'd exclusively show previews of other movies.

The time before the movie varies (as low as 15 mins, as much as 30 mins), but usually there is a split.

Half is advertising, half previews.

Back in the day it was 10 mins of stills for local businesses, 10 for ads, and 10 for previews

On the surface of it there seems to be a stunning lack of original thought coming out from Hollywood at the moment. I went and saw the new Bond which I give :thumbsu::thumbsu: three hours and I didn't even go out for a ciggy but all the previews were superhero films.

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
No way.

One of the best things about small local cinemas is that they still run small, local ads. They're a fabulous part of the cinematic experience.

Get yourself down to Boronia cinemas and find out about local funeral home providers.

Or go to Classic Cinemas in Elsternwick and be bombarded with ads about private schools.

I haven't been to one since the pandemic finished, I wonder if Clive has got on-board yet.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
No way.

One of the best things about small local cinemas is that they still run small, local ads. They're a fabulous part of the cinematic experience.

Get yourself down to Boronia cinemas and find out about local funeral home providers.

Or go to Classic Cinemas in Elsternwick and be bombarded with ads about private schools.

I haven't been to one since the pandemic finished, I wonder if Clive has got on-board yet.

I haven't been to a cinema in nearly 16 years and that streak ain't being cut yet.

Christopher Buttersnip

Beware of the Drop Bears
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Why the %*%$ would there be a political ad in the cinemas?
Desperate times require desperate measures.

It's not uncommon for political ads in cinemas. Bit odd before an election has been officially called. Bit we all know campaigning is well and truly on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back