Josh Frydenberg. Out of his depth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
He might be looking after his mate but long term is doing damage to his media interests. People will turn off these type of lies if it continues just like Kane Cornes news grabbing headlines long term will have people say “not that dickhead again” and never click on anything he says. Just like now I bet a lot don’t even bother with news.com due to its sensationalist headlines.
you'd hope so. but scummo who has turned lying into an art form is still apparently a chance come march or whenever the poll is. i mean, how????

HPKS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
you'd hope so. but scummo who has turned lying into an art form is still apparently a chance come march or whenever the poll is. i mean, how????
The polls point to an ALP win. Your always going to have your rusted on bootlickers and combine that with a bullshitting media and that’s why he’s a chance. I’ve said on here a number of times as msm dies with social media being the number one media outlet and with boomers leaving us that party needs to change or imo it will be left in the wilderness for a while just like when Howard the terrible Economic manager got the ass with Fraser. The LNP sat as a nothing party for a decade and a half until the ALP shot itself In the foot and then the LNP reinvented itself as the republican lite party as Howard the PM fell ass backwards into a booming world economy with a once in a century mining boom.

Christopher Buttersnip

Beware of the Drop Bears
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Remember this Kooyong peeps.

tgAisLC.jpg

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Remember this Kooyong peeps.

tgAisLC.jpg

So therell be a 180 degree within 24 hours?

Just wait till the economy grinds down - you can t drive a truck or an ambulance WFH

Of course Scotty has scheduled something like 9 parliament sitting days in 5 months, so whos 'essential'?

"I dont sit in parliamnt"

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
So therell be a 180 degree within 24 hours?

Just wait till the economy grinds down - you can t drive a truck or an ambulance WFH

Of course Scotty has scheduled something like 9 parliament sitting days in 5 months, so whos 'essential'?

"I dont sit in parliamnt"

ahem

A coin with three faces

Higgins will be messier than that

in addition to the greens and the alp, one strong teal candidate has announced, and ive heard a second is happening

if the teal peeps bleed the lib, it could be a genuine chaos ball preference wise (I wont be shocked if 5 poll in the double digits)

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
Apparently internal 2PP polling has this seat officially a coin toss

I'm reluctant to take seat by seat polls seriously, myself. The sample sizes are too small, plus different seats vote differently for different reasons.

Plus Julian Burnside was a formidable candidate.

But 2022 is not 2019, so I can see why The Fry is worried.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm reluctant to take seat by seat polls seriously, myself. The sample sizes are too small, plus different seats vote differently for different reasons.

normally i agree, but this is from internal party polling

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks

There are already election posters in front gardens here

Christopher Buttersnip

Beware of the Drop Bears
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Apparently internal 2PP polling has this seat officially a coin toss
Interesting. Some months ago I heard the Libs were concerned but a couple of missteps by the Voices candidate (who is very good, btw, and the hope of unseating him) had lifted the Libs spirits. I have noticed a couple of puff pieces on Frydenberg in Nine/Costello so maybe there's something in it.

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
Interesting. Some months ago I heard the Libs were concerned but a couple of missteps by the Voices candidate (who is very good, btw, and the hope of unseating him) had lifted the Libs spirits. I have noticed a couple of puff pieces on Frydenberg in Nine/Costello so maybe there's something in it.

OMICRON would be a huge wild card down there, surely?

Kooyong is one of the wealthiest areas in the country - I doubt they appreciate being treated like subjects of some late-era Warsaw Pact nation, waiting for hours for essentials, if they're even available to get.

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
Higgins will be messier than that

in addition to the greens and the alp, one strong teal candidate has announced, and ive heard a second is happening

if the teal peeps bleed the lib, it could be a genuine chaos ball preference wise (I wont be shocked if 5 poll in the double digits)

TBH, from afar I don't even know what's going on in Higgins.

It does seem like a Tree Tory seat to me, and ScoMo's shtick wouldn't translate that well, but would it be better for the ALP to play dead and direct preferences to the Greens and/or an independent? It is difficult for me to imagine a blue-ribbon seat backing in an ALP MP, even if there are quite a few young people living there.

But then, you'd know better than me.

TBH, from afar I don't even know what's going on in Higgins.

It does seem like a Tree Tory seat to me, and ScoMo's shtick wouldn't translate that well, but would it be better for the ALP to play dead and direct preferences to the Greens and/or an independent? It is difficult for me to imagine a blue-ribbon seat backing in an ALP MP, even if there are quite a few young people living there.

But then, you'd know better than me.

This is a blue ribbon liberal seat, it was Menzies and peacock's previously.

Things have changed in the electorate, but mostly off a very poor 2019 campaign, nothing that's a trend imo.

This being in play for 2022 is purely imo a backlash to the war on Victoria. If it falls, it will go lib the next election. Its genuinely insane this is even a discussion.

As someone said to me though, if Higgins & Kooyong fall, this govt will fall

Last edited:

Christopher Buttersnip

Beware of the Drop Bears
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
OMICRON would be a huge wild card down there, surely?

Kooyong is one of the wealthiest areas in the country - I doubt they appreciate being treated like subjects of some late-era Warsaw Pact nation, waiting for hours for essentials, if they're even available to get.
That will be a factor. As will Fraudo's continued Vic bashing. But most of all women have had a gutful of the misogynism of a party led by him and ol' mate Shonky and they are concerned about the futures of their kids under a gov't that pays scant regard for global warming. Then there's the fact he gave the likes of ol' mate Gerry and others billions of taxpayers dollars yet can't find money for free RATs. Oh, and the debt, don't forget the debt.

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
This is a blue ribbon liberal seat, it was Menzies and peacock's previously.

Things have changed in the electorate, but mostly off a very poor 2019 campaign, nothing that's a trend imo.

This being in play for 2022 is purely imo a backlash to the war on Victoria. If it falls, it will go lib the next election. Its genuinely insane this is even a discussion.

As someone said to me though, if Higgins & Kooyong fall, this govt will fall

While this is just one factor among many, I think a reason for blue-ribbon seats like Higgins/Kooyong being in play is because the LNP is fragmenting, like the ALP did before them.

It is trying to reconcile the coalies (Flynn/Capricornia/Dawson/Herbert) with the blue-ribbon seats. The problem is that the blue-ribbon seats and the coalies are diametrically opposed to one another because the former seem to place greater emphasis on climate change than most seats and despise coal with a passion.

Meanwhile, for the latter coal is the difference between a thriving region and an economically depressed region - case in point, my grandparents lived in Mackay (Dawson) and their property halved in value after the first coal mining boom ended in the early 2010's. That kinda sucked for my family because they passed in 2014, but never mind.

So unless they shove renewables down the coalies throats, then they may have a surprisingly hard time winning back Higgins, if not Kooyong.

EDIT: I'm an out of stater though, so I might be reading too much into that issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back