Josh Frydenberg. Out of his depth.

Remove this Banner Ad

They presumably have the same dream I do that a parliament of independents, debating issues on merit and forming a consensus view on best solutions would be the best possible form of democracy.

Reality would suggest that's never going to happen, and if they don't unite themselves into a party then someone else will find a way to fill that space as a dominant centre-right force. If it's not a reformed Liberal Party, someone like Frydenberg but with genuine leadership and willpower could do it.

Not that it'd happen... but imagine if Turnbull rocked up in 2026 to run the Allied Democratic Party and managed to get Julie Bishop out of retirement in WA, Xenophon as part of the team in SA and the likes of Frydenberg on board combined with some already sitting members from the Libs and Teals. That'd very quickly turn the now conservative Christian dominated Libs into just the sort of party that Corey Bernardi always wanted it to be, and they could take their 5% national vote with them to sit alongside the Greens on the crossbench.
Genuine leadership and Turnbull should never be mentioned in the same context. Hopeless weak leader who is all about attention. Xenophon is a sell-out working for an unfriendly foreign government as a lobbyist. However if the mod libs put together a new party with teals, it would be very interesting. Hoping the dismal polls that will start coming out soon gives the moderates more power in the LNP but doubt it given how weak the moderates are and how out of touch the current senior libs are.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

In the light of the census it's looking like Scott Morrison and Josh might be the only Gen X leadership team this country will ever see and I've got to say they've lived up to every Boomer stereotype of us, lazy, entitled and disinterested. If they dabbled with heroin in the 90s they've perfected the look.

The uk conservatives believe in strong climate action. Our lnp is more like the republican party on this issue. And we are moving more in that direction with dutton becoming leader.
This is only due to the historical accident that that their venerated Saint Maggie was a scientist and told them the facts of life.

Genuine leadership and Turnbull should never be mentioned in the same context. Hopeless weak leader who is all about attention. Xenophon is a sell-out working for an unfriendly foreign government as a lobbyist. However if the mod libs put together a new party with teals, it would be very interesting. Hoping the dismal polls that will start coming out soon gives the moderates more power in the LNP but doubt it given how weak the moderates are and how out of touch the current senior libs are.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
How was turnball all about attention whilst simultaneously being weak?

Thanks again to Saint Mags.
I love the way Tories try to rewrite Thatcher's spits closing of the coal mines as some sort of early environmental trend setting and not an attempt to destroy and impoverish the union movement and it's members in Britain like the total psychotic bitch that she was.

Thanks again to Saint Mags.
But thats a good thing isnt it?

the labor governments in the uk effectively gave large subsidies to the coal industry so they would stay open. Thatcher stopped these subsidies and then they closed. this was good for the environment. Now we not only agree with what thatcher did but wish she had gone harder and put taxes on these sectors to account for the emissions they were causing.

But thats a good thing isnt it?

the labor governments in the uk effectively gave large subsidies to the coal industry so they would stay open. Thatcher stopped these subsidies and then they closed. this was good for the environment. Now we not only agree with what thatcher did but wish she had gone harder and put taxes on these sectors to account for the emissions they were causing.
And to pay for all the direct and indirect damage caused by government-ordered police riots.

I love the way Tories try to rewrite Thatcher's spits closing of the coal mines as some sort of early environmental trend setting and not an attempt to destroy and impoverish the union movement and it's members in Britain like the total psychotic bitch that she was.
Outcome is the same.

conservatives in the 70s were concerned about the environment before it became an issue with the progressives. caring about the environment back then was considered a rich person privlege whilst the progressives were more concerned about food, work and shelter.

its weird how this paradigm has swapped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The uk conservatives believe in strong climate action. Our lnp is more like the republican party on this issue. And we are moving more in that direction with dutton becoming leader.

And LNP being more unelectable.

Point being Conservatives had to move more into the the centre to become electable.

LNP going USA style republicans party will lead them to the fringes

In the light of the census it's looking like Scott Morrison and Josh might be the only Gen X leadership team this country will ever see and I've got to say they've lived up to every Boomer stereotype of us, lazy, entitled and disinterested. If they dabbled with heroin in the 90s they've perfected the look.
Patch …it …had a rough niGht…the Josh I knew was graceful in defeat".

Outcome is the same.

conservatives in the 70s were concerned about the environment before it became an issue with the progressives. caring about the environment back then was considered a rich person privlege whilst the progressives were more concerned about food, work and shelter.

its weird how this paradigm has swapped.

Trying to imagine the miners I knew back in Yorkshire as progressive

Progressives in the 70s:

How dare they try to take away all the subsidies for coal mining?

progressives today:

how dare they allow coal mining to still be allowed today?

Well duh. Progressive people by definition change their opinions subject to new information.

So in the 70’s it’s the concern with working peoples livelihood that is of concern.

Now with new information it’s different.

You’d find the progressive people now trying to retrain the workers.

Conservatives in the 70’s. Burn coal, bust the union’s & pay peanuts & take away all workers entitlement & safety.

Conservatives now. Burn coal, bust the union’s & pay peanuts & take away all workers entitlement & safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Progressives in the 70s:

How dare they try to take away all the subsidies for coal mining?

progressives today:

how dare they allow coal mining to still be allowed today?
I think it's more about completely abandoning the people thrown out of work and pretending they didn't really exist as a community.

I think it's more about completely abandoning the people thrown out of work and pretending they didn't really exist as a community.
Wouldnt coal miners argue thats what progressives are doing today?

extra welfare payments dont mean much when the town has lost its main industry, unemployment is high and the prices of everyones houses fall by 70 percent. The community is still pretty much destroyed.

i dont have solution to this problem either. The coal mines must close. But what do we do about maintaining the community. Do we just let it die?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back