Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly. If players like cunnington and tarrant are carryig injuries I'd be more than happy for them to get surgery now so that they are right for day 1 of pre-season. Why delay it and risk having key players miss important prep when we have nothing to aim for this season. Makes no sense. No one whinged when hawks and geelong started rotating out senior players prior to the finals so that they could freshen up. You do what is right for your team not the ******* opposition or the AFL.

All of this garbage is based on a couple of clubs that are shitting themselves, getting in the ears of a dial a quote media commentator. The AFL have stated they won't even entertain raising the subject. It's effectively a non issue.

WTF? That's literally the worst rationale I have ever heard.

So it's okay to do the wrong thing and it's those who ask for the rules to be applied fairly who are the real villains?

It's like saying, "blame all the other clubs for not doping their players and wanting a level playing field- instead of blaming the Essendon staff who injected the players, because if the other teams hadn't of complained and just accepted that one team was cheating, then everything would be okay". No clown. It's the perpetrator who causes the ****storm.

Delusional.
Haha the only Clown here is you give us a break.

It's a Kelly thread and here you are crying about a rule the Afl changed on the run as usual because of what North and Freo did years ago.

"Wrong thing" boo hoo to you go tell someone who cares.

Last edited:
Haha the only Clown here is you give us a break.

It's a Kelly thread and here you are crying about a rule the Afl changed on the run as usual because of what North and Freo did years ago.

"Wrong thing" boo hoo to you go tell someone who cares.
I'm not crying. I'm not even complaining about the change. I am saying his rationale and willingness to pass the buck is ridiculous. Read a little before you post my friend.

I'm not crying. I'm not even complaining about the change. I am saying his rationale and willingness to pass the buck is ridiculous. Read a little before you post my friend.

Clubs,media and fans complain all the time and the Afl changes rules because of it so it's not as Delusional as you make out.

There have been alot of rule changes because of knee jerk reactions by the Afl which made things actually worse, clubs take advantage of rules like the(shot clock)for example and the rule change makes things worse.

So "the wrong thing" as you claim is on the Afl not the clubs.

Edit.The bye before the finals weekend has given more chance to 5-8 now and disadvantaged top four sides where two teams making the Prelim in the first week play one game in four weeks so it has created more problems.

Last edited:
7.5 million over 5 years from North according to King.

844be19834ddf2bc3d889a76a21075ca.gif

Yep. All about wanting to go home.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Paying a bit over to land a quality player is fair enough but 1.5 mill a season is just wow. Is he really worth that much?
Seems like a lot of risk on one player.

Christ, who takes any notice of him.

Two days ago he had us getting Kelly in the PSD!

He doesn't have a clue.

Paying a bit over to land a quality player is fair enough but 1.5 mill a season is just wow. Is he really worth that much?
Seems like a lot of risk on one player.
Too much in my opinion. If GWS's offer is a million and other vic clubs have offered a 1 million I'd go 1.1-1.2 million at the most. Dusty is worth 1.3 imo.

The $1.5mil figure seems to be going around every journo office. Obviously the price you need to pay to get the family connection back and get the guys who barracked for that team as a kid in thier rightful jumper. If the 7X7 offer wasnt desperate this is the stage 10 clinger type stuff. Read between the lines and Dusty is no hope and North have 2mil hole on the salary cap and may be forced to spend it on duds. Must be some mid range players around the league licking their lips at a massive payday. Casboult must be salivating at the prospect of $800k + if all Norths big targets fall through.

The $1.5mil figure seems to be going around every journo office. Obviously the price you need to pay to get the family connection back and get the guys who barracked for that team as a kid in thier rightful jumper. If the 7X7 offer wasnt desperate this is the stage 10 clinger type stuff. Read between the lines and Dusty is no hope and North have 2mil hole on the salary cap and may be forced to spend it on duds. Must be some mid range players around the league licking their lips at a massive payday. Casboult must be salivating at the prospect of $800k + if all Norths big targets fall through.

Honestly they should be throwing some decent coin at Hopper to trump other suitors and keep their 1-2 pick. JK is an absolute GUN but they are far off contention for the next couple of years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$1.5M is ridiculous money, although if they do have a salary cap hole, it could be partly true with the deal being heavily front loaded so the first year(s) are $1.5M.

Of course, heavily front loading contracts brings it's own potential problems, but that's another issue.

The $1.5mil figure seems to be going around every journo office. Obviously the price you need to pay to get the family connection back and get the guys who barracked for that team as a kid in thier rightful jumper. If the 7X7 offer wasnt desperate this is the stage 10 clinger type stuff. Read between the lines and Dusty is no hope and North have 2mil hole on the salary cap and may be forced to spend it on duds. Must be some mid range players around the league licking their lips at a massive payday. Carlton must be salivating at the prospect of Casboult getting $800k + if all Norths big targets fall through.
Fixed.

BEN BROWN LIKES THIS.
2million hole

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

7.5 for 5 years to possibly get Kelly there.
Some fanatic.

In posting the King comments, take it with a grain of salt, he isn't exactly in the inner sanctum of north after bagging the club more than a few times and he has changed his position more than Kim Duthie with Sam Gilbert in regards to favourites for Kelly and Martin.

In posting the King comments, take it with a grain of salt, he isn't exactly in the inner sanctum of north after bagging the club more than a few times and he has changed his position more than Kim Duthie with Sam Gilbert in regards to favourites for Kelly and Martin.
This is bigfooty.

Im sure you will be all over any media that says he is at North.

Either way thats allot of dosh to be throwing around (1 of the biggest ever) so the point i made earlier stands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back