Workshop Jumper Ideas For 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

One of my biggest regrets is selling my swooping magpie jumper and my Sav Rocca 97 preseason.

Why was I so dumb back then.

One idea I'd propose is a limit on unique designs. It's really getting out of hand. For someone like myself (Freo guernsey collector) this year they will have:

Stealth - didn't like that idea tbh
Starlight charity - idea great but... no
Indigenous purple
Indigenous white (if they do what they usually do)
Home
Away

It's not outside realms of possibility for them to do something else (probably a retro one now I think of it!) but surely 6 is too much... thoughts?

One idea I'd propose is a limit on unique designs. It's really getting out of hand. For someone like myself (Freo guernsey collector) this year they will have:

Stealth - didn't like that idea tbh
Starlight charity - idea great but... no
Indigenous purple
Indigenous white (if they do what they usually do)
Home
Away

It's not outside realms of possibility for them to do something else (probably a retro one now I think of it!) but surely 6 is too much... thoughts?
i am very much expecting us to pull on the 2001-05 jumper later this year.

Fremantle-Away-2001.gif

they haven't done this one yet and going by chronological order this is next then white anchor clash/the 2000-2010 home and MB purple hase but I would save that for when the decide to bring the anchor back prermetly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is there a story behind you having a swooping magpie as a Richmond supporter?
I just really liked it and used to be a pretty big collector of jumpers. I just lost interest in collecting for a while back there and sold a lot of extra stuff. Now looking back I regret it because it is still such a cool jumper.

I love Freos old colours, but there is a reason they got rid of the extra two
probably wanted to give the team a darker vibe (also less of a clash with the dees) and they couldn't find a way to implement the colours in, which is sad because it was meant to represent the Italian culture of freo, the kit I made brings that back while keeping the kit dark and returning the anchor, this would be the best kit in the league, and bring back the italin fanbase and more fans in

probably wanted to give the team a darker vibe (also less of a clash with the dees) and they couldn't find a way to implement the colours in, which is sad because it was meant to represent the Italian culture of freo, the kit I made brings that back while keeping the kit dark and returning the anchor, this would be the best kit in the league, and bring back the italin fanbase and more fans in
I appreciate the idea behind it, but a better solution (in my opinion) would be to go back to the 2010-era kit, or just go a white anchor on purple - the anchor itself was so uniquely Freo, I wish they had just kept it.

With your design you've almost introduced reverse wings (at the bottom going in instead of going out at the top) which doesn't really make sense in any of Freo's design language, and the colours you've chosen are all very dark. Unfortunately I don't forsee a supporter enjoying these kits.

I think red and green can be resigned to the club's heritage, they're iconic yes but it's not exactly a matured look for a club coming up on it's 30th anniversary. The only alteration I'd like to see is the shade of purple toned up a touch. Such a minor change makes such a big difference in my opinion, it's a lot more warmer than the current purple (left) that at times looks almost navy with how dark it is. It's time for Freo to truly embrace the purple.

Fremantle-Home-2021.gif Fremantle-Home-2024.png

I think red and green can be resigned to the club's heritage, they're iconic yes but it's not exactly a matured look for a club coming up on it's 30th anniversary. The only alteration I'd like to see is the shade of purple toned up a touch. Such a minor change makes such a big difference in my opinion, it's a lot more warmer than the current purple (left) that at times looks almost navy with how dark it is. It's time for Freo to truly embrace the purple.

View attachment 1671814 View attachment 1671815
I would still love the anchor back, but agree the more purple the better

the darker the purple the better, and anchor getting sick of the chevrons no identity need to bring back the anchor unique and gives them a identity and red and green in some capacity I think I did it well

the darker the purple the better, and anchor getting sick of the chevrons no identity need to bring back the anchor unique and gives them a identity and red and green in some capacity I think I did it well
The chevrons have a ton of character, in fact it's one of the first jumpers the original Fremantle Unions (representing the blue-collar dock workers) ever wore. It's a design that, in my opinion, more aptly represents the 'Dockers' moniker and the history of the club.

It's probably more on the part of the club that they haven't really communicated this history/meaning since they brought in the new design (they really dropped the anchor on that one ;))
1682638721198.png

The only anchor design that works for me personally is the original one, the anchor the used into the 2000s might look more realistic but it never came off as strong design for me, iconic sure. Having said that if they moved to a design like on the right I would actually be on board but I just don't think they'd be able to execute it properly even in this day and age.
1682639421161.png Fremantle-1995.gif

The chevrons have a ton of character, in fact it's one of the first jumpers the original Fremantle Unions (representing the blue-collar dock workers) ever wore. It's a design that, in my opinion, more aptly represents the 'Dockers' moniker and the history of the club.

It's probably more on the part of the club that they haven't really communicated this history/meaning since they brought in the new design (they really dropped the anchor on that one ;))
View attachment 1672286

The only anchor design that works for me personally is the original one, the anchor the used into the 2000s might look more realistic but it never came off as strong design for me, iconic sure. Having said that if they moved to a design like on the right I would actually be on board but I just don't think they'd be able to execute it properly even in this day and age.
View attachment 1672299View attachment 1672300
I've always felt like that anchor was one that forgot to go the gym and just sat on the couch eating cheezels for a few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back