Not open for further replies.

footy88

Team Captain
Oct 22, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
These guys seem to be copping abit of flak, they leave there previous places on bad terms or something?

jaxbac#13

All Australian
Jan 19, 2007
euroa
AFL Club
Geelong
You all need the true facts about the Violet Town move -
Daniel Sage currently training at Bundoora - he isn't making the move. With regards to the other players; Germanchis has hamstring problems and I doubt will stand up for a full season, T.Sage is one dimensinal and needs to play in the square in defence to get him away from the goals and he gets the jitters and loses effectiveness. Pearson is past his best days he can only play deep in defence, lacks pace at CHB or anywhere else. Marcus Saddington - a young player on the 'up' why waste your time going up to VT? If he wanted to go anywhere he should head for Div 1. A poor decision by him, persuaded by the others. Rigney can play but the travel will get to him. He needs everything to be in place for him to play his best footy, and 2 hours up the Hume isn't a good pre match program for him. Dale Saddington - The best of the bunch... But should you be playing and making the move for a mate? I don't think so.
Then we get Lamaro whose coaching skills at the best are average. The Mernda record dpeaks for itself, his real issue will be getting the team to 'follow his example' - hard ball gets aren't high on his agenda and a high profile player is sure to get a lot of attention, he to has a fitness problem with his achillies,
Buying a premership doesn't often work? All players are travelling out of town, new coach, 8 or so new players in one side for the first time... My prediction: the 2hr drive will by round 16 seem more like 4 - a receipe for disaster!
GREAT,,another newbie solving the problems of the world, just what our forum needs:thumbsdown:

sparra

All Australian
Nov 16, 2005
down a dirt track
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
country footy
Well I suppose only time will tell.

Differing reports from sweetas2 - steppinup - theinsider22 and everyone is entitled to an opinion.

And to smooth mover, do you have anymore updated info on Robbie M?

TheInsider22

Draftee
Dec 5, 2010
Eltham
AFL Club
Gold Coast
These guys seem to be copping abit of flak, they leave there previous places on bad terms or something?
In reply to Footy88:

From what I have heard there have been lots of problems.... Not only have they lost players but they have lost their Senior and Reserves coach, who coached the team to a Premership win!!

Does anyone know where all of the others have gone besides VT?

Jan 21, 2007
home or work
AFL Club
Essendon
Well I suppose only time will tell.

Differing reports from sweetas2 - steppinup - theinsider22 and everyone is entitled to an opinion.

And to smooth mover, do you have anymore updated info on Robbie M?

Yeah mate all i know is that a few weeks back on his 1st night at training when he had to introduce himself he said that he was now living in the area & that he was lookin forward to making tat his new home but he has only been back once or twice since so i'm not sure whether he's changed his mind or currently has other prior commitments?? If i hear more or he turns up again i'll let u know! Cheers

Mar 16, 2008
Uppercomebackwest
AFL Club
Richmond
GREAT,,another newbie solving the problems of the world, just what our forum needs:thumbsdown:

MMMmmm is it possible that people from other areas have information that we don't? An interviewee will only tell the interviewer what they want to hear. November signings are more unreliable than March heroes, what takes the park in April is the measure of your mark.

sparra

All Australian
Nov 16, 2005
down a dirt track
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
country footy
MMMmmm is it possible that people from other areas have information that we don't? An interviewee will only tell the interviewer what they want to hear. November signings are more unreliable than March heroes, what takes the park in April is the measure of your mark.

And high hopes in december are better than no pressies for xmas, unlike some of the more higher ranked clubs close to VT:thumbsu:

foxtrot36

Team Captain
Sep 20, 2010
echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
Apparently Lancy had a fair few turn out to its first training run of the pre season. Not sure on exact numbers but was told its more than what Ky are getting to there trainings at the minute. I'd say Lancy will be right up there again, i dont think they will lose too many/if any.

While im on pre season numbers. What were Avenels numbers like for there first hit out the other night? Can anyone give me any answers?

it was probably the same 25-30 that train all the time there numbers dont go up or down.word is roberts isn,t playing and question marks on thomson and pryde.missed out on barnett.dont worry about kyabram they will be up there again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

white line

Debutant
May 1, 2007
shep
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have heard he is on the way to VT for $1750 a game plus $50 a goal, Insider have u heard this one as u know everything else:D:D

Jesus, what is the formula for working what guys are getting offered for money??

Every 1 hr the rumor is circulated times the amount of people heard the rumor = (amount) x 3

That kind of coin would be what topliner GVFL players would be on!! With out Nagambies mid field i'm not sure he will get the same supply!!

P.S bring on the 100mm, she may be a wet pre season this year

footy88

Team Captain
Oct 22, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Yep hopefully this rain will continue and give us some cherry ripe grounds come pre-season and season proper kick off.

Surely the above mentioned isnt true but did someone at VT win lotto and is shopping for the footy club? :D

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
rumour has it nagas has lost their forward line from last year going to be hard to replace them

Hutton might be hard to replace but Lloyd and Rattray could be replaced by anyone out of the twos showy#1, I'm sure Hourigan could step down as coach of the twos and take Rattrays spot at FF.;)

footy88

Team Captain
Oct 22, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Haha yeah I tried to give myself an out by saying surely the above isn't true.

Anyone got any news from Merrigum and recruiting?

qwerty

Senior List
Aug 2, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hutton might be hard to replace but Lloyd and Rattray could be replaced by anyone out of the twos showy#1, I'm sure Hourigan could step down as coach of the twos and take Rattrays spot at FF.;)

Bit harsh but true Hank. Big Manga will sit in the FP and take Lloyds spot Nothing wrong with 2nds players Hank didn't you play your last game in the 2's this year:D

2 X Haysoms (Ant Swans and Danny OS) Le Cref (Seymour) Lloyd (Tatura) Rattray (out the other side of Melb playing a year with family) Webb (Rushworth) Vercoe (not sure if he will play but if he has another year I think it would be at Longwood), Woods finished up.

Not sure about the Muir boys they were going to take off after missing out on a GF spot last year but their old man is the new man at the top of Nagambie footy club for 2011 so they might hang around, not sure on Wheeler

Ben Hutton is not sure what he is doing but I would think he will play in Melb with Jackson

That is a large list of players to replace for 2011, Nagambie has good kids coming up but they could sip down the order a tad this year.

I am not sure who they have signed if any yet but good news is that Big Chicken man will go around again and Linc is also a chance.

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
Bit harsh but true Hank. Big Manga will sit in the FP and take Lloyds spot Nothing wrong with 2nds players Hank didn't you play your last game in the 2's this year:D
QUOTE]

Yeah very true qwerty, only as good as your last game!! :thumbsu:

LANCASTRALIA

Debutant
Jan 9, 2009
Kyabram

2 X Haysoms (Ant Swans and Danny OS) Le Cref (Seymour) Lloyd (Tatura) Rattray (out the other side of Melb playing a year with family) Webb (Rushworth) Vercoe (not sure if he will play but if he has another year I think it would be at Longwood), Woods finished up.

Not sure about the Muir boys they were going to take off after missing out on a GF spot last year but their old man is the new man at the top of Nagambie footy club for 2011 so they might hang around, not sure on Wheeler

Ben Hutton is not sure what he is doing but I would think he will play in Melb with Jackson

That is a large list of players to replace for 2011, Nagambie has good kids coming up but they could sip down the order a tad this year.

I am not sure who they have signed if any yet but good news is that Big Chicken man will go around again and Linc is also a chance.

Just in regards to the BOLD wording above.
Is that the same Muir that was "Given" the whistle during the 2's game at Lanky last year:eek::eek:

Would be interesting to have that fella running your footy club??
(if it is the same bloke I'm thinking of?)

qwerty

Senior List
Aug 2, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just in regards to the BOLD wording above.
Is that the same Muir that was "Given" the whistle during the 2's game at Lanky last year:eek::eek:

Would be interesting to have that fella running your footy club??
(if it is the same bloke I'm thinking of?)

Same bloke Lancatralia.

He will be ok but will need some help from others around the club.(It would be the same at every other club)

The problem that I see with it is that he walked out on the club at the end of last year when Trent did not get a spot in the GF and said he would have nothing to do with the club ever again. Now he is running the club and i am not sure it is for the right reasons.

On the same note I wish him all the best and hope to see Nagambie up and about in 2011

untamed

Draftee
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney

At least big manga will play better than last year premiership captain, and wont run off after winning a flag glory hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back